SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was GWB wired for the 1st debate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look the President was tired from the hurricane relief work, and with Kerry calling Bush a lier at every turn, and plus giving the enemy idea's, 95% of
cargo not check, bridges and tunnel not protected enough...Kerry is a traitor and coward..and Bush can make a natural face, let botox man try....
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing hysterical! Laughing
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many true intellectuals are slow talkers or stutterers. When the mind considers a wide range of possibilities it can take time to decide on the the best way of saying something. And when you are CIC you'd better take enough time thinking about what you're saying to not give away critical information. I believe that Pres. Bush is a true intellectual, as opposed to the self-styled pseudo intellectual Kerry. A true intellectual doesn't let his mouth run until he's decided what to say, and knows when to stop so secrets aren't revealed. I think the public prefers someone who thinks before he talks.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might have been Dick Morris that said something like the President has so much stuff in his head that he is briefed on all day every day...on overload, and when asked a question he has to muddle through it all at a pace different than Kerry, who only reads intelligence briefs.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think that perpetuating these rumors which are very close to Bush Bashing helps us on this Forum?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Do you really think that perpetuating these rumors which are very close to Bush Bashing helps us on this Forum?

I don't know who that was directed to, but if it was me, you are misunderstanding me. Regardless - RELAX. Really.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not perpetuating the rumors, we slapping them down. GWB is a careful deliberate talker, and not a slick fast orator. That's fine with most people who understand that Hitler was a very charismatic slick talker who could mesmerize people for hours with his rhetoric. Clinton was a slick talker and charismatic.

Heck, even the Apostle Paul in the bible was made fun of because he wasn't a very impressive speaker....yet look what an impact he had in the world.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has a lot of slick psychobabble crap he just recycles and babbles on about.... notice no one ever seems to know what he stands for? after all these months?
last night and this morning I've watched some 'interviews' with the students at that college in St Louis were the debate will be held.... a large number of students with kerry signs.... say are voting for kerry etc..... when asked if they were clear on what Kerry stood for etc... there was a large outcry of 'NO'..... most of them, when asked said things like 'he should be clearer on what he says; he needs to be specific etc...over and over.... none of the students questioned about Bush said anything like that... they all said things like 'keep up the good work'.... 'don't make faces' but what Bush stand for is clear! Kerry is all over the map!!!!!(probably a Vietnam map)

you'll notice ALL the Kerry people talk FAST.... they want to get the most into the few seconds they have....AND the more they cram into it, the less people grasp - but they don't care as long as a few POINT words are heard.... like wrong, liar, leader etc..... Bush and his people think before they speak.... say less and slower.... but their words make sense! you don't walk away thinking 'what the h..ll did I just hear him say?'
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet if W had something in his ear to receive
the answers, pictures of his ear would have been
on every newspaper and magazine all week! Laughing
And, I don't think that he was receiving secret messages
through the fillings in his teeth either. I can't believe
that anyone here even suspects this! LOL!! Laughing

What I saw was a very tired guy. How fast do you
folks talk when you get to the end of a very long day.
Nobody here ever gets 'that deer in the headlights'
look trying to gather their thoughts? If you answered
no, then you're either young and well rested, or lying! Wink

Shocked

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Slick Willy's need not apply! Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
We're not perpetuating the rumors, we slapping them down. GWB is a careful deliberate talker, and not a slick fast orator. That's fine with most people who understand that Hitler was a very charismatic slick talker who could mesmerize people for hours with his rhetoric. Clinton was a slick talker and charismatic.

Heck, even the Apostle Paul in the bible was made fun of because he wasn't a very impressive speaker....yet look what an impact he had in the world.

This was my point, exactly, in mentioning these ridiculous posts on MSM boards. These people got so accustomed to the "flim- flam" and "razzle-dazzle" of Clinton, that they don't recognize a true, honest thinking man.

Most of the speeches that have moved me the deepest have been made by slow, deliberate speakers. President Reagan, my minister, my Dad and my husband are good examples. Not only do they want to say what they have to say, but they want to say it in such a way as to make you understand it . John Kerry hopes and prays you won't understand it, or you may see through it. Flim-Flam and Razzle-Dazzle!!!!!
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't put anything past these rabid liberals. They are such liars. Terry McAuliffe had the nerve to say that Bush was stumbling over his words tonight and didn't look presidential.

If I was undecided I would have hated Kerry by the time this debate was over. He is not likeable.
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what?

Rove was feeding him the crappy answers he gave in the first debate?

I could have fed him better answers... hell if he'd have just heard what I was yelling at the TV he'd have given a better showing.

Do the crazy Dems really think that their arch nemesis Karl Rove was telling the President "Say its hard work!!"

This time GWB did great. Reaffirmed why I am so proud that he is my president.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: GWB made my 19 yr old sit up and listen last night Reply with quote

We had one hold out on the side of "anyone but Bush", in our house, until last night. My 19 yr old son apparently gets his information like most young adults, from MTV, Jon Stewart, and the like. So he was firmly of the belief that George W. Bush is nothing but a war mongering, verbally challenged, rich BOOB. He was certain that W was intituting the draft any day now, thanks to Rock the Vote.

I have tried to understand why he feels as he does, but I could never get there. He didn't even want to hear my side of the debate. BUT... A few days ago I convinced him to take one of those candidate profile comparisons online, that show what areas you are in agreement with each candidate. He was surprised to find that he actually agreed with GWB more often than Kerry, and that on many of the issues, the candidates were very similiar, in theory.

That only left his decision coming down to the men's character. Which we all know John Kerry has none of. Chris, my son, won't listen to Swift Boat people, since early on the MSM painted your agenda as biased Republican flunkies spouting lies. He would not read "UFC" or Kerry's "TofD". How could I make him see that Kerry is morally bankrupt and a traitor to his country?

So now I had to persuade him to stay home and watch the debate last night. President Bush was awesome and I think my son is now rethinking his whole position. We are looking into Kerry's voting record, or the lack of, for the last 20 yrs. I know he'll come around now. Thank heaven!!!
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Pneal! Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spoke to my brother in California. He is a personal friend of John O'Neill, they graduated from the Naval academy together in 1967. He told me he was at a party last night and there was a soldier who was in Irag in attendance. He said that he biased media is only the bad things in Iraq and that most of the country is okay.

It is a shame that the media is trying to influence the election. I have never seen anything like this in mmy life! I wrote a letter to my newspaper............"The State" in South Carolina. It was in answer to a barage of anti-Bush commentarys and letters to the editor. Guess what????? They never printed my letter! Instead they printed 5 move anti-Bush letters to the editor. Se what we are up[ against???????? Even if Bush gets re-elected the Dems and the biased media will NEVER let this
man alone. We have to start sticking up for our rights.

Disgusted in SC. (Transplanted from NJ) I know what happened on 911....my cousin barely escaped Tower 1. When will the rest of the country wake up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: