SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Largebill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Morning Quarters Reply with quote

Wow, 43 pages of Vets reporting for duty. Proud to stand with each of you.
Here's my bio:
Served Navy from 1978 to 2004
USS Vulcan (AR 5)
USS Virginia (CGN 3Cool
PSD, NAS, Pax River, MD
COMSECONDFLT Staff on USS Mount Whitney
USS Harry E. Yarnell (CG 17)
Navy Recruiting, Cincinnati, Ohio
USS Anzio (CG 6Cool
Regional Support Group, Norfolk, VA
USS Wasp (LHD 1)
USS San Jacinto (CG 56)
VAW 124 deployed on USS Theodore Roosevelt

I'm too young to have served in Nam. However, I remember talking to the senior guys on my first couple ships. A common refrain I heard from guys who had served in country was don't believe the BS people said about Nam. A personal complaint I've had for years was the media focusing on homeless vets whenever they decided that homeless people needed to be reported (ie: if there is a Republican in White House). Sure there are probably some amongst the homeless who were issued a 214. Problem is it paints all vets as losers. Reality is majority of vets returned to civilian world and led successful and productive lives.
wirebiter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an Electriciansmate, currently serving as an instructor in Ballston Spa, New York. I enlisted in March of 1995, and served on USS Louisiana as a member of her commisioning crew. I have done 6 deterrent patrols.
Mike Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the Army in Vietnam Nov. 69 to Sept 70. In the infantry, 4th Div.

I confess this is the first time in thirty years I've wanted to be in something related to Vietnam. thank you for taking a stand for truth.

http://pathetic.org/poem.php?page=library.php&i_memberid=3965&i_poemid=1094213600&i_folderid=3698&mode
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
texcritter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I want to thank all the Vets that served before me and made it possible for me to serve! That being said here is my 23+ years service in a nutshell.

Active Duty
Enlisted July 1981
Boot Camp - Orlando, FL
USS Forrest Sherman (DD 913) (Charleston, SC) Dec 81 - Nov 82
NAVSTA Adak, AK Dec 82 - Dec 83
NMCB-4 Jan 84 - Apr 85
CBU 407 (Corpus Christi, TX) May 85 - Sep 87
USS Proteus (AS 19) (Guam, M.I.) Oct 87 - Sep 90
NAS Memphis (Memphis, TN) Oct 90 - Oct 93

Navy Reserves

CB Support Unit 2 (Denver, CO) Oct 93 - Mar 94
NAVWEPSTA Concord (NMRC Corpus Christi, TX) Mar 94 - Sep 94
Fleet Industrial Supply Center, Jax (Ingleside, TX) Oct 94 - Sep 95
Supply Mngmt Assist Team (Ingleside, TX) Oct 95 - Mar 00
Reserve Fleet Hospital Dallas (Corpus Christi, TX) Mar 00 - Present

Mobilizing to Kuwait Nov 2004

Respects
Tom

[/u]
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumpper63rd wrote:
Checking in. I'm not a Vietnam Vet but I do have 5 combat deployments under my belt. I'm active duty USAF. Went to basic 22 September 1988. I spent 8 years at Spangdahlem AB Germany from January 1989-January 1997. I'm currently stationed at Holloman AFB NM. My AFSC is 2A773, Aircraft Structural Maintenance (Sheet metal).
Combat Deployments:
1991 Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm with the 23rd FS F-4G & F-16C Wild Weasels
1994 Operation Deny Flight Aviano Italy with the 81st FS A-10's
1998 Operation Desert Thunder with the 8th & then 9th FS F-117's
1999 Operation Allied Force/Nobel Anvil Aviano Italy with 8th FS F-117's
2003 Iraqi Freedom with the 8th FS F-117's

Glad to be here and more than happy to show support for the Swift Boat Vets. I'm behind you all the way guys.

WOW! I just saw something I haven't seen since 1992!! I guess the 307th, 308th and the 309th were all transfered to HAFB since ANdrew? I didn't even know that Razz (although I don't see a 307th patch there..)
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Navy 1974 - 1978, Uss Orleck (reserve trainer) USS Enterprise 2 yrs, 1 westpac, USS Cocopa (ocean tug), 1 west pac. Just another sailor.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been here awhile, guess I should check in...USAF 66-70. ECM; ELINT systems...B-58, B-66; F-105 (others Wink ); Indiana, Thailand, Nevada, Florida. Prototype ECM development/testing F-4 testbeds Fla. Worked test/training programs Nevada. Would've stayed, but USAF cancelled proposed Laser system development they were using as bait for me to re-up...
Eagle Six
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hello to All and Thank You for allowing me in....

The name is George Dean, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America

I am a former citizen soldier of the United States Army, 66-67, 11B40, Small Arms Infantry, Bravo Co, 1st Bn, 7th Cav, 1st Cav Div Airmobile.

It has been very heart warming to read the post on this board from so many great Americans. To the SwiftVets, I salute you and honor your service to our country. Your fight to expose John Kerry to America is courageous and righteous. I support your hard work and the personal risk you have undertaken. Please pass on to your family my personal Thank You as they also experience the risk of the truth. Steer to the wind, all ahead full, and shoot straight.....if my vote counts, you can be sure it is added to millions of other vets to assure John Kerry is defeated and ALL vets have their day in the sun.......
Afwarrior
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 years (E-8 ) Active duty AF. Getting ready to retire in June 05. Spent 8 months in the first Gulf war, 2 months in Bosinia, and just returned last November after 8 months in Iraq.

I have nothing but respect for you Vietnam vets. You guys are heros. My father-in-law served in Nam and won't say one word about it. Too much pain I guess.

Keep up the good work with this web site and getting the message out that Kerry is a dirtbag, and lets hope Bush gets another 4 years. Almost 80% of the active duty I know are going to vote for Bush. We do not want this traitor Kerry to by our CIC. No way, No how.
ET1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Gunboat Rider Reply with quote

Regular Navy 1974-1986

USS Douglas PG-100
USS Nashville LPD-13
USS Sumter LST-1181

Bravo Zulu guys keep up the good work!

HUMOR <on>
We raised up a CNO (Vern : CO USS Grand Rapids PG-98 PATDIV-21 Naples Italy 1974-1977) and all you Swifties got was Kerry???
Humor <0ff>
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC from 1970-74

I was with 1/9 from Jan 1972-Jan 1973, including the entire Easter Offensive. I was a technician in 1/9's Comm Platoon.

Spent a good portion of my tour off the coast of Vietnam, on the Denver (LPD-9), Tripoli (LPH-10), Okinawa (LPH-3), Inchon (LPH-12), and very brief periods on a couple LST's, including the Racine (LST 1191).

Got out as a Sergeant, went to college, got married, and went to work for the USPS. I'm retiring on Jan 31, 2005 (109 days to go). My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in September. We have eight children, from 18 months to 23 years old. One natural, five adopted, two foster, and maybe another foster child on the way.

My best friend and I joke about book-ending the Nam. He was an F-4 RIO with VMFA 323, the Death Rattlers, in 1966 (?) and I was there when the peace treaty was signed. It'll probably be easier to ask him which page of the 43 he's on, than to try and find his biography myself.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Where's Al? Reply with quote

Here I am Sgt. Wayne.

Get down and give me 20. Ha!

USMC 1961-1969

Served everywhere from Eighth & I to DaNang and Chu Lai. 200 missions in the back seat of the F-4. Hash marks in my skivies to prove it.

The only part of my biography that I don't like to share is that I'm from Massachusetts. But God love President Bush and Dick Cheney, when they keep mixing up Senator Kerry and Senator Kennedy (on purpose).

God bless the Swifties.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr 1991932 (AKA Al),

Why did your author name first come up as TugBoatPhil? Is that another one of your aliases?

Thank God Al didn't "out" me. I emailed him the other day, and made some lame-brained comment about an "assistant commander". He wrote back, asking if I really was in the military, as they were more commonly known as XO's. Idiot (me not him).

All we need to do now is get our buddy Gary (82nd Airborne MP in the early 70's) to sign up, and our boys club membership is complete.

BTW, Al mailed me an autographed (by the co-authors and a VMFA 323 POW) copy of Unfit for Command. The next time I'm in Missoula, I'll have to see if I can hook up with Weymouth, and see if he'll autograph it too.

Semper fi
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I was there! Reply with quote

RifleMaster wrote:
My name is Carl, and I served two tours in Vietnam (Oct 67- May 69). I was a MACV Infantry Advisor assigned to the 5th Inf Div, 8th Regt, 1st Bn. Our AO was approximately half way between Saigon and the Cambodian border. During my tours and the previous years, Advisory Team 70 had 25% KIA's ( I can prove this). We participated on many combined ARVN and US operations with units of the 1st Inf. Div., 25th Inf. Div., 11th ARCR, and the 1st Cav. Div. (in 69). I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THE ATROCITIES THAT KERRY LIED ABOUT!

Knowing the beating we gave the enemy in 68 and having participated on several MACV Recondo ops (Recon Ops) in War Zone C& D, I believe Kerry's boat only saw sniper or delaying/warning fire on the East and Southeast of Saigon. With 5 or 6 Divisions around the West side of Saigon, I don't believe any significant enemy unit was on the other side of Saigon.

The American people need to know the truth about Kerry's service and his lies about our honorable service!

Time for bed. Work tomorrow.

Carl
Special Forces Association Member, DE OPPRESSO LIBER!

I think you're right about the VC Kerry dealt with. The VC he encouncered in the Silver Star incident certainly weren't well trained or led. Guards of a supply depot should have ignored any American forces to avoid attracting attention to themselves and the facility.

Donald Droz ran into a different bunch a month later.

http://pcf45.com/sealords/silvermace/silvermace.html
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
JFitz
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reporting in. Reply with quote

Jim Fitzgerald
MSO 457, USS Loyalty
Two trips to VN, Operation Market Time (1968 -- 1969)
Now in Carson City, NV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 43 of 47

Jump to: