SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got broadband? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
We need a new paradigm. Israel has proven that the heavy handed approach does not solve the problem.

And Bill Clinton et al. proved that the "nuanced" approach didn't solve it either (WTC garage, Khobar Towers, embassies in Africa, USS Cole...).

As for Israel, it's still there, isn't it? They may not have won, but they still haven't lost.

Any helpful suggestions?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not agree with the strategy of steamrolling countries to stop terrorism.

First off, I do not agree that we are "steamrolling countries," but regardless, what would your strategy be to stop international terrorism?
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to understand that this was an isolated group of individuals that attacked us.

Al Qaeda exists in every hemisphere of the world - in the tens of thousands. They do not just use "airplanes and cool weapons", as you ignorantly state. Did you miss the sarin gas that was found in Iraq a couple of weeks ago?

Did you miss the Palestinians who were cheering in the streets when the Towers fell? There were cheers in most of the Islamic countries.

The incredible naivete with which you post is incredulous. You're just like any wrong-headed liberal - you'd hope to negotiate with these killers, and all the while they're plotting ways to cut off your head.

Their biggest weapon is the fact that they use our freedoms against us. They hide behind while plotting to kill us.
El diablo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, you're also attacking a lemming who'd love a "Pax America" - so have at it..
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. the sarin in Iraq had nothing to do with Al Quida. It was attrached to dud bomb and not even mixed together. it was inert.

Do you have any interest in why they hate us? the new paradigm might be to actually find out why they hate us. Of course, it is easier to blow them up.

If they are so pervasive, how come we are not getting attacked here contantly? don;t say becuase of the war in Iraq and homeland security. I will laugh at you.

My point about Israel is that the war there is NEVER going to end. Neither is this one, now that we started it. Also, do not tewll me Iraq ia about Al Quida. That is ******** too.

El Diablo - I do not even know what that means.
El diablo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

El Diablo - I do not even know what that means.

why am I not surprised?
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful everyone - Kyle is getting "nuanced" - it's a paradigm that caused the Islamists to attack us over and over and over again.

How DARE we defend ourselves!
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Do you have any interest in why they hate us?

Of course I do, Kyle. I just don't believe that we can stop them from hating us without destroying the United States. I don't believe for one second that they hate us because of Israel, or because we have defended ourselves. I don't believe that they hate us because we stationed troops in the "holy land" of Saudi Arabia during operation Desert Storm. Those are excuses. I also don't feel the need to apologize to anyone for the democracy, liberty and economy that we currently enjoy.

And I don't think that John Kerry will do any better at reconciling us with our enemies than Neville "Peace in Our Time" Chamberlain did in Munich in 1938.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome tribute - someone's dang good with a mixer.

If you're on a slow connection, right click the link and then click on "Save Target As" and navigate to a place on your hard drive to save it.

That way, when it does download, it won't stop and start over and over.

Thanks for the tribute site - excellent! Our troops are the greatest!
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly is the enemy? Can you please point that out? Islamists?

So, we should start jailing and killing Muslims, right? Come on. Who is the enemy? Is it the guy next door? Is it everyone from and Arab country? Is it the people that pray 5 times a day, but not the people that pray 3 times a day?

Come on! Tell Me!!!! Tell Me So I Know!!!

kyleparr, stop posting in all caps!

Where did I post in all caps?
Speedy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

kyleparr, stop posting in all caps!

Quit riding his arse! Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who exactly is the enemy? Can you please point that out?

They are the one who wear scarves over their faces while they slice off innocent peoples heads. They are the ones who drive a bomb laden vehicle up outside Iraqi police stations and blow them up. They are the ones still wearing scarves to hide their faces while they ambush our military and civilian workers rebuilding schools, hospitals and the rest of the infrastructure in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are the ones who would hijack another jet to fly into a bulding filled with innocent workers. That is the enemy and they are spread all over.

I'm still waiting to hear what your ideas are of how to handle it better and protect everyone.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self. Stop wearing the scarf. Cool

The war in Iraq is not stopping these people. Stop the war in Iraq and then get out. The place is going to turn into a civil war after we leave anyway.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
The war in Iraq is not stopping these people.

The hell it's not.

Lowest number of terrorist incidents since 1969 - that says something important to thinking people.

Greenhat has asked you people a number of times to lay out a plan for the war on terror that doesn't include wiping out the nests in Iraq.

You can't do it. Iraq was a major sponsor of terrorism.

Not only are we killing the vermin where they are, we have also put Iran and Syria on notice that state-sponsored terrorism is no longer in vogue.

The recent threats to Syria in the form of a limited trade embargo was further notice.

I'm sure that the diplomatic and trade options will be exhausted before we take action, just as we did with Iraq, but eventually, Syria WILL behave like a civilized country or we will take care of their rats' nests, too.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time between the first WTC attack and the second was what, 8 years? They are patient.

they will lay in wait, hating, until the opportunity arises. then - Wham!
They are doing this for culture and God. Kill one and two rise in their place. See Israel.

If there were no oil there, we would just leave them alone. And they would not want to kill us either. It is a strage dichotomy.

But hey. Kill if it makes you happy. I feel no safer becuase of the war in Iraq. Not one bit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: