SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How John McCain Hurt the Bush Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: John Mc Cain has SURELY hurt the Bush-campaign.. Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
swing votr wrote:
I hope the sole reason you all don't like John McCain isn't because he isn't a fan of th SBVT. Trashing people becauese they don't follow what you say isn't fair.

If he had known what he was talking about and then said that Swifts were "dishonorable and despicable," then I could just write him off as a kook, because the Swifts are clearly neither.

Instead, before he even knew what the Swifts were saying, he shot his mouth off. So, yes, I got even more ticked at him for that. (I was already completely disgusted with his behavior on Kerry's Senate Select Committee for POW/MIA Affairs.)

Then, after he HAD had a chance to find out who these Swiftee guys were and what their message was and he STILL trashed them, THEN I wrote him off.

And this is from someone who cried her eyes out at his recounting of his POW experience. I still empathize with that time - it is certainly more than I believe I could bear.

But what he's done to his fellow POW's and a huge bunch of his shipmates is in itself, despicable and dishonorable. I certainly have little respect left for him.

My reasons:

*Could have backed up most of Kerry's anti-war history even if he did not want to talk about Kerrys false medals.

*Has not been confrontational regarding issues he should have some knowledge about; to say it blankly : HE HAS NOT PUT HIS NECK OUT, but stayed behind and let the others fight. Does he regret having turned down the VP offer from Kerry?

*Have betrayed his fellow veterans from Vietnam by so blindly attacking the swiftvets, especially concerning these should be issues that he himself shold have experienced personally.

*Seems more concerned about preserving his future reputation than taking a part in the battle.

I would be hard pressed to imply he has betrayed his party, but I am definately starting to think he is currently more of a bane than a boon.

Doubt MC Cain has any future in politics after November 2004.

Need some wood?!?!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McCain, tragically, was corrupted by a Senatorial friendship

Anyone ever think that maybe he was "corrupted" long before he came home from Vietnam? {just a simple thought from a simple gal}

Shocked Here's the valient McCain's remark from yesterday Shocked

Quote:
"the problem with the President is that he won't admit when there's a problem".

Yes, thank you Senator!
Devil_dog_for_truth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With friends like these .....

I don't know exactly why McCain says some of the stuff he does. I wish he would stop supplying ammunition to the enemy (Kerry). Bush has enough problems fighting the entire MSM, most officials in the State Dept, and some disgruntled elements within the CIA. I also find it curious how all the employment numbers are always revised upwards months after their initial release and long after the negative headlines have been fed to the public. I think its a miracle that Bush is doing as well as he is under the circumstances.

So, it would be nice if McCain wouldn't add to the President's headaches.

Chain-fed, beer-cooled, big green amphibious monster that thrives on blogs
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mc Cain has switched horse?!?! Reply with quote

Devil_dog_for_truth wrote:
With friends like these .....

I don't know exactly why McCain says some of the stuff he does. I wish he would stop supplying ammunition to the enemy (Kerry). Bush has enough problems fighting the entire MSM, most officials in the State Dept, and some disgruntled elements within the CIA. I also find it curious how all the employment numbers are always revised upwards months after their initial release and long after the negative headlines have been fed to the public. I think its a miracle that Bush is doing as well as he is under the circumstances.

So, it would be nice if McCain wouldn't add to the President's headaches.

It seems like MC Cain has switched horses. He has already bashed the Christian conservative base and it is starting to look like his previous POW-history is a bit less dramatic as projected, although I still am proud of him for serving his country in wr and captivity nonetheless..

Need some wood?!?!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust Sen. McCain. With friends like him who needs enemies? Sen. McCain is using his nuanced independent persona to slap President Bush around in the polls and in the media. It is very obvious that he still bears a grudge against the President for losing in 2000. I don't like him. I don't trust him. He is a naive idealogue who's only ambition is to strike back at the President in such a manner that no one can ever really nail him. He is indeed Kerry's unofficial running mate.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been concerned about McCain for sometime, it seems like everytime the GW gets some momentum McCain pops up.
It was reported that at his big Birday Bash it was all the liberal MSM with the exception of Saffire. All this talk about 2008 scares me. Kind like sleeping with the enemy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: