SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Tom Poole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: To Tom Poole Reply with quote

Sorry, not intended to bring ujp a locked topic... but;

Quote:
we have Rather with his lie about serving in the Marines

WTH?!? That is the first I have heard of that one!! you have any details/links to update me on this? If this is the case, imposing as someone that actually served... he should be hung up by his ........ well... you get the picture.... That is insane!!!
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article that details Rather's military history.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/1/15/205545.shtml

Excerpt:

Quote:
Expert: Dan Rather Exaggerates Military Record
Wes Vernon, NewsMax.com
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2002

One of the nation’s top military researchers is angry that CBS News anchorman Dan Rather continues to exaggerate and make misleading statements about his military record.

The researcher, B.G. Burkett, says that Rather’s inaccaurate statements about his military service can be found in the new hit book "Bias,” written by veteran CBS reporter Bernard Goldberg.

Burkett, co-author of the book "Stolen Valor,” a history of the media’s portrayal of the Vietnam conflict, says he’s tired of Rather’s double-talk and hypocrisy.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arymann wrote:
Here's an article that details Rather's military history.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/1/15/205545.shtml

Excerpt:

Quote:
Expert: Dan Rather Exaggerates Military Record
Wes Vernon, NewsMax.com
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2002

One of the nation’s top military researchers is angry that CBS News anchorman Dan Rather continues to exaggerate and make misleading statements about his military record.

The researcher, B.G. Burkett, says that Rather’s inaccaurate statements about his military service can be found in the new hit book "Bias,” written by veteran CBS reporter Bernard Goldberg.

Burkett, co-author of the book "Stolen Valor,” a history of the media’s portrayal of the Vietnam conflict, says he’s tired of Rather’s double-talk and hypocrisy.

Thank you for the info.......

Damn... didn't know that... Why does this sound familiar to Kerry?!? I'm sure not all Dems are trying to do the same thing.... right?! Scary!
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding from reading Burkett and Whitely's book Stolen Valor (great read btw) is that Rather joined the army reserve, while attending Sam Houston Univ., in Texas to during the Korean war (Burket point out that Rather's unceasing derision of Quayle for joining the guard). After the war was over he enlisted in the Marines but was discharged 4 months later as medically unfit (Rather had rheumatic fever as at boy). I've never heard it said but apparently either in the past or even to this day Rather has been refrenced in the press as an ex-marine.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
My understanding from reading Burkett and Whitely's book Stolen Valor (great read btw) is that Rather joined the army reserve, while attending Sam Houston Univ., in Texas to during the Korean war (Burket point out that Rather's unceasing derision of Quayle for joining the guard). After the war was over he enlisted in the Marines but was discharged 4 months later as medically unfit (Rather had rheumatic fever as at boy). I've never heard it said but apparently either in the past or even to this day Rather has been refrenced in the press as an ex-marine.

Not argueing your case.... but IMO, he obviously doesn't know SH*T about being 'in'...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: