SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on new strategy for the last weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly wrote:
RE: The younger voters ...

I have two teenagers. Here's three real important thing to express to the younger ones:

1) The war on terror is likely to last until they're 50. Kerry trashed his fellow servicemen back in Vietnam ... and he is likely to do the same thing to our kids in Iraq and Afganistan. We cannot afford to let him lose another war for US.

2) The DEMOCRATS sponsored two bills to reinstate the draft.

3) There will be NO social security by the time they need it. Any money they can keep in their own hands is money the government can't waste.

Keep it simple. Believe me, they can get it.

Tilly: Right on the mark. These are the issues important to these voters. And a good outline to use to get information to them.

My 21 year old says it is too hard ( Shocked ) for the college crowd to vote, with classes and sleeping in; and they talk alot but don't vote. She will!!

Sent her 2 copies of Stolen Honor and Unfit for Command, to share with any who may be inclined to vote and just to give her a source of info to help educate her and her friends.

I ordered additional copies to be shipped to a few other potential K voters. They just don't know who he is. So we carry on. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Devil_dog_for_truth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want your kids to turn out all right, parent block MTV! Smile Since my daughter became interested in country music, her politics and social attitudes have taken a turn for the better.

Well, I actually haven't channel-blocked MTV, but I have certainly pointed out to her that MTV promotes values, which are inconsistent with her upbringing. Just about every program on that channel features someone with an "alternate lifestyle" or glorifies sexual license.

So, I guess, the key to young people understanding this election is to talk to them and be involved in their lives.

Recently, my daughter had to write a paper on why she supports President Bush in this year's election. I was very impressed with her arguments considering that she formed most of these ideas in a popular culture, which advocates just the opposite.

So, don't believe the MSM agitprop, the kids are all right after all.

Chain-fed, beer-cooled, big green amphibious monster that thrives on blogs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: