SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Union Scabs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oriskany BM3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Union Scabs Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Veterans,

I hate to get mean, but I think it is time to get as tough as the Democrat Party has been with us. I suggest to you and to all Union workers, of any stripe, any Union, that any union man or woman that votes for John Kerry is a scab crossing the picket line of the Vietnam Veteran.

This has to be said, and it has to be said to Union people. I think many of them will understand and be on our side. A lot of them will not come over to our side. But it should be said. Here in New Jersey, a Union state, a heavily Democrat state, the race is so close that something needs to be said to seperate us from them. The wheat from the chafe.

I say that any union man that votes for John Kerry is a scab! No ifs, ands, or buts. And I want everyone that agrees with me to get this message out, through talk radio, local newspapers, one on one discussions, whatever and whichever way you can do it.

Union people don't like scabs, they don't want to be called scabs. I understand their feelings. But in my estimation, that is what they are if they cross the virtual picket line of the Vietnam Veteran Against John Kerry. The way to get this message across the nation is through an organization of men like us. What do you say?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriskany, while I can sympathize with your view, I must point a few things.

1. SBVT is neither a Democrat nor Republican venture. The goal is to expose John Kerry, regardless of party affiliation. If he were a Republican, he would be being exposed the same.

2. While not a lawyer, I do believe it is illegal, at least in some areas, to coerce votes. Labelling someone as a "scab" for exercising their freedom isn't within the realm of what we try to do here.

Therefore, I'll be locking this thread and moving it over to Geedunk.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: