SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets Create a SBVT Push Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Lets Create a SBVT Push Poll Reply with quote

I lived in a 50/50 district of Illinois for 20 years. The last 2 weeks of every election cycle, we invariably got 1 sometimes 2 push polls. The push polls will cost SBVT nothing but the combined intellectual knowlegde that we all have here. It would costs you and me time and our own phone charges to call into battle ground states. There’s no need for me to call into Kentucky, it’s a solid Bush state. Ohio, Penn and W Virginia are target areas.

A push poll asks questions of responder that directs the responder to think in a certain manner OR the question provides facts the responder didn't know. I say facts but some are downright lies and some were on the verge of slanderous., obviously sourced from the DNC.

First you state that their district is a crucial district in the coming election. This builds interest and increases chance of caller to continue.
Ask if they have time for a 5-minute poll?
Ask if responder is of voting age and registered to vote. If not, thank them and move on.
Now for the PUSH QUESTIONS
1. Was Senator Kerry wrong for not reporting to law enforcement of discussions to murder current Senators during the 1971 anti-war demonstrations?
2. As a Navy Reserve Officer, Senator Kerry met with the Communist Vietnamese during President Johnson’s peace negations. Do you think this undermined the success of the negations? Or do you think the meeting made the Vietnam War last longer?

No more than 5 questions
Questions can be of Kerry’s Nam past or of his current flip-flops.
There's over 6000 members, let's run our own Push Poll.
We would want to target the battleground states only.
Names are readily available on the Internet. Someone with knowledge of demographics can list targeted communities in those battleground states. I’ve done phone bank calling prior to elections and one universal rule is that you are there to plant the seed of change. Therefore, no arguments, those that will argue with a caller will NOT change nor accept the seed of change. And the seed of change may require 1-2 election cycles to bear fruit.

Well I threw it out there what do my fellow vets think?

I'm also sending another $100 for the SBVT to sink Kerry Swiftly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: