SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Navy seal looks at Kerry's record
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash's comments have been gone over in several threads on this board.

One line is questionable: "It is also interesting to note that Kerry did not obtain an honorable discharge until Mar. 12, 2001 even though his service obligation should have ended July 1, 1972."

I just feel like I've got to caution you all that Nash may have jumped to a conclusion here that can't be backed up, and we all know how the enemies of this cause would like to use one incorrect item to mark the whole thing as untrue.

Kerry has what looks like a legitimate honorable discharge on his website, dated, what looks to me like, FEB 16, 1978. The only document I've found with a date of Mar. 12, 2001, is his DD-215 form. That's a form that corrects his DD-214, NOT a discharge form.

If this is a mistake on Nash's part, then let's please be careful about propagating it. Nothing in "Unfit For Command" has been shown to be untrue, and there's PLENTY in there to talk about without risking the reputation of this movement.

If Nash has something to back up the claim, then I wish he'd put it out for everyone to see. I understand that SEALs deal in secret stuff and have lots of connections...maybe he does know something that's not in the public domain...but even then I wish he'd comment that it's based on something other than the date of the DD-215. I just don't feel comfortable with this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: