SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three mistakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Three mistakes. Reply with quote

Do any of you remember when that same question was asked of the President during the past few weeks. I thought it had been but I can't remember when or were.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong war? Wrong time? Wrong place?

I.e., the Kerry rallying cry?

I think I do recall Kerry in one speech making such a reference to three mistakes, and I think he was just trying to reinforce his rhetoric.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in one of Bush's press confrances it was asked .
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three mistakes was asked during Friday nights debates;

Quote:
GIBSON: And the final question of the evening will be addressed to President Bush and it will come from Linda Grabel. Linda Grabel's over here.

GRABEL: President Bush, during the last four years, you have made thousands of decisions that have affected millions of lives. Please give three instances in which you came to realize you had made a wrong decision, and what you did to correct it. Thank you.

I guess she could have just asked him, "have you stopped beating your wife?"
kmudd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040413-20.html

Dave.

Q Mr. President, I'd like to follow up on a couple of these questions that have been asked. One of the biggest criticisms of you is that whether it's WMD in Iraq, postwar planning in Iraq, or even the question of whether this administration did enough to ward off 9/11, you never admit a mistake. Is that a fair criticism? And do you believe there were any errors in judgment that you made related to any of those topics I brought up?
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's were I heard it at the press conference on the White House grounds. Thankyou all for your help. I think with the memo that was leaked from ABC I am a little concerned that Gibson went out of his way to ask that question knowing that it would cause problems for Bush. My thinking is if he did say what is mistakes were the Kerry campaign would jump all over it and have a sound bite of it the very next day. No one in his right mind would fall into that hole.
kmudd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwatch wrote:
That's were I heard it at the press conference on the White House grounds. Thankyou all for your help. I think with the memo that was leaked from ABC I am a little concerned that Gibson went out of his way to ask that question knowing that it would cause problems for Bush. My thinking is if he did say what is mistakes were the Kerry campaign would jump all over it and have a sound bite of it the very next day. No one in his right mind would fall into that hole.

Yes they wanted a sound bite of Bush saying he made a mistake.It was all planned out. They didn't ask Kerry what mistakes he made. Kerry answered like he was answering what mistakes Bush made.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Three mistakes was asked during Friday nights debates;

Quote:
GIBSON: And the final question of the evening will be addressed to President Bush and it will come from Linda Grabel. Linda Grabel's over here.

GRABEL: President Bush, during the last four years, you have made thousands of decisions that have affected millions of lives. Please give three instances in which you came to realize you had made a wrong decision, and what you did to correct it. Thank you.

I guess she could have just asked him, "have you stopped beating your wife?"

Just another democratic ruse and plant. Evil or Very Mad
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Does Anyone Have The Criteria For Who Was Allowed To Ask??? Reply with quote

What determined who could ask a question and if they censored or had
someone choose which questions would be allowed?? Question

I am positive the local community could not just show up and
participate. Exclamation
I also do not believe the audience was made up of university or
local residents???

Who has the "skinny" on how the 2nd debate was set up?? Question

Make it a great day anyway. Smile
Mary Ann Parker
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush handled himself well with that loaded question.

I think the audience was supposed to be a group of undecided voters. Each one wrote 2 questions: 1 for sKerry and 1 for Pres Bush. Then the commentator chose the questions that would be asked. Personally, I felt all the questions except the last one were fair.
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

As an aside, I created a report card for the three debate moderators to try and figure out who was most and least biased.

Report card here:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2004/10/rating-moderators-i-had-some-friends.html
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush should of said, " Sure, trusting the UN, trusting France, and signing the 180, and if teddy sobers up a little I would be glad to explain"
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Dear Mr Kerry.... Reply with quote

Dear Mr Kerry,

What are the three biggest mistakes you have made.

Was it calling your "brothers in war" savages "reminescent of Ghengis Khan".

Was it meeting secretly with the North Vietnamese and The Viet Cong, then coming back to the US and lobbying for pulling out of Vietnam on their terms, on their word that there would not be a slaughter of the S. Vietnamese and the Monteyard(sp) tribesmen. And their word that they would return all of our POWs when a date for withdrawal was reached.

Was it stone walling the investigation into the 1000+ Vietnam POW/MIA's that the Vietnamese are thought to have kept for a 4 billion dollar ransom for reconstruction.

Was it sweeping the murder of these POW/MIA under the rug so your ex-brother in law, Mr. Thorne could secure a huge contract for his company Columbia, Inc. to rebuild the infrastructure of Vietnam.

Maybe it was voting against the first Gulf War. The UN Security Council approved it. Even Egypt was on board. It cost you the Clinton VP spot didn't it.

Maybe it was voting for the the most recent war, then voting not to fund it.

What are your three biggest mistakes...
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Bush should of said, " Sure, trusting the UN, trusting France, and signing the 180, and if teddy sobers up a little I would be glad to explain"

Damn'it Blue, You made me squirt milk outta my nose.... Very Happy
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a press conference a months ago Bush was asked by at least 3 so-called reporters to name one mistake he had made. At the time there was a lot of casualties in Iraq, so in their minds he was supposed to say the Iraq war. Instead he said he couldn't think of anything. It would of been better probably if he answered it with humor, maybe: "Too many press conferences."
He cannot answer this question or whatever he says will become the next commercial, but he should have some kind of answer prepared.
It seemed to me that this lady, among others, was really a Kerry plant who was pretending to be undecided so she could get in.
The question is silly & irrelevant. It was designed to embaress Bush. Probably there is no good way to answer it. Maybe the best he can do is not to answer it. It's kind of like in a job interview when they ask you to tell them your weaknesses. You can't really tell them the worst things about yourself, but you need to say something that doesn't sound too bad.
:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: