SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snachez and Gingrye on Fox News--Had to turn it off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Snachez and Gingrye on Fox News--Had to turn it off Reply with quote

I've come to believe that the Democrats in Congress--I know there are many good Democrat voters who also support the SBVT efforts and I apologize to them--are praying for this country's efforts in both Afganistan and Iraq to fail. I just got through listening to Loretta Sanchez throw all sorts of cold water on the elections that were held yesterday in Afganistan--the first in 5000 years. She could not bring herself to compliment this adminstration and the noble efforts of our men and woman in uniform, not to mention President Bush, in making this possible. Everything the commentator said in the direction of praise for what is occuring was met with a pessimistic "But". Same with the situation in Iraq. Again, I can come to only one conclusion when I listen to these people like Sanchez--winning this election and defeating Bush is more important to them than anything else. I just think they are downright Un-American. I apolgize to all those Democrats who frequent this site and do not agree with her.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people are sick, and getting sicker! Yesterday I saw some video where they were trying to lay the flu vaccine shortage totally on Bush.

Stand back and try to grasp the gist of what these kinds of whackos are saying:

Elections in Afghanistan are having problems, are not perfect: Whacko response - Hooray, another slam on Bush

New deaths in Iraq: Whacko response - Rah! Rah! another slam on Bush

Flu vaccine problems, more people may die of flu this year: Whacko response - Yeah team, another slam on Bush

Another terrorist attack: Whacko response - Hooray

and I could go on. I'm sure you get the point.

Is there any chance that reasonable people in the Democrat Party will reject this kind of sickness in their party with their votes on 2 Nov?
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush has been saying for months, if not years, that in the political environment that exists in this Country today, the Dems have set themselves up in a position where anything that's good news for America is bad news for them--He said so during a personal appearance not so long ago and the Democrats squealed like a bunch of stuck pigs, raging at such an "unfounded" criticism--

But the fact is, that's exactly where they're coming from anymore--If anything good happens, they always, always, always portray it as being either 1) not really good, or 2) not good enough, or 3) only good for the "wealthy" which makes it, by definition, bad for everyone else (according to them)--What I don't understand is why so many people seem to take their refuge in such negativism--C
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM,

I can't agree more with what you said. I remember hearing a question about why the country was so divided after 9/11 and the only answer I could think of was because the politicians with their media wanted to get a Democrat in the White House. I don't personally agree with everything Pres Bush has done, but how this nation went from being almost completely united after 9/11 to, in less than 1.5 years, a point where 50% of the nation wanted "anyone but Bush" still leaves me baffled.

And, I have no respect for someone who chooses to undermine a significant World event to gain their political agenda, republican or democrat. They would have lost nothing had they acknowledged the success of our men and women over in Afghanistan.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot allow the Soros control Democrats win...He is pushing for a world ban on weapons....

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/10/83928.shtml
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing "Snachez" Laughing Laughing Laughing

God, I know it's a typo, but soooooooo true!!!!!!!!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's (Sunday, 10 Oct) Dallas Morning News is a front page article headlined "Chaos in Afghan Election." Chaos? Not "problems," or "irregularities," much less noting the historic significance of the election in the headline.

Further down in the article they gratuituously inform us "It also marked a potential setback for President Bush..."

"Chaos"? "Setback for Bush"? Do you wonder where these people are coming from?
rparrott21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No violences,,,choas was the 2000 US presidential election..
rparrott21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Kerry vision....

Kerry to NYT: 'We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance'...
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3731746.stm

Quote:
Observers approve Afghan election

International observers have endorsed Afghanistan's first presidential election, rejecting opposition calls for a new poll amid reports of fraud.
The Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) said demands by 15 of the 18 presidential candidates to annul the poll were "unjustified".

The local Free and Fair Elections Foundation of Afghanistan (FEFA) said the poll was "fairly democratic".

Saturday's poll was marred by claims of alleged flaws in the voting procedures.

The OSCE - which contributed to the 230 foreign monitors - acknowledged that there were some irregularities during the poll that should be investigated.

However, OSCE Ambassador Robert Barry said "the candidates' demand to nullify the election is unjustified and would not do service to the people of Afghanistan who came out yesterday, at great personal risk, to vote".

Meanwhile, FEFA - the single largest observer group - said that "a fairly democratic environment has generally been observed in the overall majority of the polling centres".

The UN, which helped organise the poll, has praised the "massive" turnout in the election.

More than 10 million people were registered to vote, many of them refugees living in Pakistan and Iran.

The ousted Taleban regime has dismissed the election as foreign-sponsored and has said it will continue its armed struggle.

However, fears that militants linked to the Taleban would carry out their threat to sabotage the vote appear to have been largely unfounded.

Ink stains

The vote was marred by reports that an ink used to stain voters' fingers to prevent them from casting their ballot more than once could be washed away.

The indelible ink had to be applied to the cuticle of the voter's fingernail

This prompted all the candidates opposing interim President Hamid Karzai - the favourite to win the race poll - to call for the election result to be annulled.

However, several candidates on Sunday appeared set to drop calls for a vote boycott.

Their representatives told the BBC they would instead accept the findings of an independent inquiry into alleged irregularities.

Mohammed Mohaqeq, one of Mr Karzai's main rivals, was the first to announce he was withdrawing his backing for the boycott.

Mr Mohaqeq said he wanted a UN commission to investigate the election and he would accept its ruling on its legitimacy.

Other candidates are also withdrawing calls for a boycott in favour of a more conciliatory approach, according to the BBC's Andrew North in Kabul.

President Karzai criticised the move as an affront to the hopes of the millions of Afghans who braved bad weather and the threat of terrorism to turn out to vote.

He told the BBC's Breakfast with Frost programme on Sunday that a commission would inquire into the alleged voting malpractices.

Counting centres have begun tallying the ballots but their task is unlikely to be completed soon - votes cast in far-flung reaches of the mountainous country will take days to arrive, some of them by donkey.

So much for chaos and setbacks eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: