SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edwards just sank Kerry on Fox
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely on-topic, but I something I first zoned-in on during the 2000 campaigns showed-up in Little Johnny's words above--

Has anyone else noticed that Dems are constantly talking about "fighting"?--They're all the time talking about what they're "fighting" for--Throughout the whole run-up to the Y2K election, I noticed that, whereas Gore was always talking about what he would "fight" for, Bush kept telling us what he was going to work toward--Gore and the Dems were always angry and W was always coming across as optimistic and hard-working--

It may be of no significance, but in light of the political climate that's existed in and been getting ever worse in this Country ever since, it kind of seems pretty obvious to me who the "dividers" really are--And I think that Edwards nailed it in that last quote above: All they've really been fighting for these last four years has been revenge against GWB for the election that they perceived to have been "stolen"--What's going to work for the betterment of America as a whole seems to have been of little import to them so long as they were not in power as the majority--"Can't allow anything to get done on his watch because he'll get credit for it--Can't let that happen!"--

When I think about it, considering all the "fighting" the Dems have been doing, it's pretty astonishing that W and the Republican majority in Congress have managed to get anything done at all--

Sorry for the thread drift--C
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't even include the 50,000 new fireman he has been promising. They ought to have a better list.

Of course if he does raise taxes he will raise more on the rich. What was the pre-Reagan top rate 76%.

Then there are some old tax on wealth schemes that the Dems have floated before. A "one time" surcharge of 15% on IRA's and 401 savings proposed during Clinton years.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Edwards on three Sunday morning programs (ABC, NBC & FOX). All three ambushed him ( well...I mean they did to him what they usually do to republicans). It appeared he thought he was going to get the usual softballs. I was surprised to see him actually get some fastballs. Stephanopolus (sic) even asked him to say what 3 mistakes he has made as a politician. He could only think of two and one had to do with an appointment approval (Paige sec of edu).

I just hope some democrats were watching because Edwards did not do a good job of defending the ticket what so ever.

Bush team needs to go into overdrive and use his appearances for campaign fodder all next week and beyond.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you force the two Johns to get into factual details, they can't do it. Makes you wonder what they would do if, God forbid, they actually got into office. (I shudder to think of it! Crying or Very sad )
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
When you force the two Johns to get into factual details, they can't do it. Makes you wonder what they would do if, God forbid, they actually got into office. (I shudder to think of it! Crying or Very sad )

Why, whatever do you mean? They would flutter their eyelashes, toss their beautiful hair, speak sweet nothings....and the rest of the world would fall at their feet. Rolling Eyes

Either that, or we'd be nuked within a week.

Anybody wanna lay odds?
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming it is a rerun of what ya'll saw earlier, but they are about to play this on Fox right now. (It's 5:15 eastern time.)
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the crap these guys say, you need 2 Johns...
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we just start calling the both of 'em "John-John" since they're clones of each other and seem to have a VERY (cough) "friendly" relationship. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
Paraphrase:

"I didn't attend intelligence briefings, but I can criticize the president based upon what I read in the NYT, LAT, and WP."

"I voted for the war, before I voted against it".
"I voted for the 87 billion, before I voted against it".
"The wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time".

Need I quote more? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WALLACE: But again, just to clear it up, I just want to make clear that you're saying that even Kerry's cherished health-care plan, he would cut that back before he would add to the deficit or raise taxes on the middle class?
EDWARDS: We will not raise taxes on the middle class, as John said clearly. And we will cut back -- we will cut back on our programs if it's necessary to make sure that that happens.

Wallace did a tremendous job interviewing Sen. Edwards, but I just wish he would have worded this question differently. When Wallace said middle class, he should have said anyone under $200,000. The Kerry Campaign will parse words, and redefine the definition of "middle class" and get away with this crap. If he would have asked Edwards specific numbers, he would have held his feet to the fire, and Edwards would have been in much deeper than he already was. Kerry said in the debate clearly "looking straight into the camera" that he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $200,000 and in fact lower taxes. This is absolutely ridiculous, and I dont believe it for one second!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
Not entirely on-topic, but I something I first zoned-in on during the 2000 campaigns showed-up in Little Johnny's words above--

Has anyone else noticed that Dems are constantly talking about "fighting"?--They're all the time talking about what they're "fighting" for--Throughout the whole run-up to the Y2K election, I noticed that, whereas Gore was always talking about what he would "fight" for, Bush kept telling us what he was going to work toward--Gore and the Dems were always angry and W was always coming across as optimistic and hard-working--

It's actually part of the Dem methodology of politics. Promise anything and everything to everyone. Then claim they will fight for it.
This brings up the concept that there is a collective of bogeymen to fight against.

Then when they fail, a perpetual problem, they blame the bogemen for blocking, underminig, lying, cheating, etc..
BUT if you will vote for them again they will Continue to fight the good fight for Your interests.

I also have miles of beach front property in west Texas for sale... Rolling Eyes
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
Is John McCain the only person who supports these guys...making me sick, every time these guys talk its John McCain..

yeah, I hope he runs out here again - so I can vote against him --- and tell people WHY ! WHAT A turncoat....no wonder W keeps him in sight!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only fiscal responsibility John Kerry has ever exercised has been in comparing the net worth one heiress to another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: