SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY ENVISIONS TERRORISTS AS 'NUISANCE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what Kerry doesn't get: 9/11 happened BECAUSE we treated terrorists like a nuisance. The problem is that terrorists are evil -- a concept that the French concept of moral equivelance just can't deal with.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: KERRY ENVISIONS TERRORISTS AS 'NUISANCE' Reply with quote

Son of a VET wrote:
Quote:
Kerry to NYT: 'We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance'...
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Drudge has not posted a link yet, just the quote.

The nuisance is Kerry and that will come back to haunt him like the "global test". Twisted Evil
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone's jumping on this, including the RNC, and I just hope it doesn't backfire on them.

Kerry is plainly quoted as saying we have to get back to where terrorists are a nusance. He did not say they are (just) a nusance now.

I think Kerry is naive, and I think other words he's said indicates that he really thinks the way to fight terrorists is via defensive measures (vs. offensive). Misquoting him, when the quote is readily available in readily available records, just might backfire.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Kerry's quote, even if he only said we had to "get back to" the place where terrorists are just a nuisance is that normal thinking people with more than 2 brains cells have NEVER considered terrorists only a nuisance....even before 9-11. Terrorism has always been a very serious thing, and the problem is that Clinton treated it like is was ONLY a nuisance for 8 years. Hence we had 9-11.

This shows that pre 9-11 that Kerry ALSO looked at terrorism as a "nuisance". This will sink him because it shows the American people that he doesn't take it seriously and unless we are hit again like on 9-11 he will treat it like a "nuisance" and not like a war.

Every time he opens his mouth he sinks himself.

GWB landslide...
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another part of the story:

Quote of Kerry:

Quote:
After leaving the Capitol on that terrible day, Kerry walked across the street to his office in the Russell Senate building, where he made sure that his staff had been evacuated and was safe. Reluctant to leave Capitol Hill, he watched TV coverage in his office and saw the second tower fall. He called his older daughter, Alexandra, who was living in New York, and his wife, Teresa, who was in Washington. Those who saw Kerry that morning recall mainly that he was furious, an emotion, those close to him say, that comes easily to him in times of trial. He thought it was a mistake to shut down the Capitol, to show terrorists that they had the power to send the United States government into hiding.

''You know, my instinct was, Where's my gun?'' Kerry told me. ''How do you fight back? I wanted to do something.'' That evening, sitting at home, he called an aide and said he wanted to go to New York that very night to help the rescuers; he was ultimately convinced that such a trip was logistically impossible. In the days ahead, Kerry would make two trips to ground zero to see what remained of the carnage.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Found the article on NYT website:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/10/magazine/10KERRY.html?pagewanted=1&th&oref=login

I agree with you AK, although if you have the time and patience to read the entire article (11 pages), it is quite clear that the bottom line is (or at least the friendly writer draws the conclusion) that it 'is' how Kerry perceives it.. something to be controlled with policing action rather than war tactics. There is nothing different that I can ascertain of his sketchy proposals from what Bush tried shortly after 9/11 (and continues to this day) with the exception of he is proposing economic aid initiatives to help, though I wonder exactly where he'd be throwing it.

~mugged~
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: WHat's the right word here? Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:
As a former law-enforcement person

For a brief time, just before he was elected Lt Gov, he was a prosecuting attorney in his local county.

Did you say Mod EDITED attorney?

Keep the High Road

Need some wood?!?!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose putting terrorism in hte same class as drug dealing and prostitution means that there is an acceptable level of terrorism as there is with the other two in the public mind.

So, my question for kerry is, "What is that acceptable level of terrorism?"

and of course in establishing that level, how does one go about prosecuting successful sucide attackers?

Friends we have seen the pinnacle of insanity.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RNC has ALREADY generated an AD based on the "nuisance" quote....

http://real.streamtoyou.com/gwb/WorldView_medium.mov

Enjoy.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could say that I am surprised by Kerry's recent quote..by sadly I am not. This is how the left thinks..and it is why America has a serious decision to make on November 2. This is not a game. Do we follow a a philosophy, or shall I say a global testing that says..We are the world? OR do we follow the philopsophy that defends America, and has no excuses about it.

To say that terrorism is a nuisance is something I would like to hear him say standing at Ground Zero. But, it is what they believe..the Summit view..so we can better understand the reasons to why the evil ones do what they do..they simply can not comprehend that America is right, they believe that America is always wrong..

So, Kerry said for the first time something he believes..and that is scary!

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We have to get back to the place we were"

I can't get that out of my mind.

HOW DARE HE.

Where exactly "were" we?

I guess it was just a nuisance in 93 when the towers were bombed the first time.

I guess it was just a nuisance when our barraks were bombed in Saudi,

I guess it was just a nuisance when our embassies were bombed.

I guess it was just a nuisance when the USS Cole was attacked.

I guess its just a nuisance for Israelis when busses, cafes, and hotels blow up.

I am only saddened that almost half of the country actually will vote for this bastard.

I have never been so outraged by a politician in my life.
whuffo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjany,

Precisely correct.

Gambling and prostitution are voluntary activities. They only very rarely result in anyone's death. Terrorism on the other hand, is involuntary on the part of the terrorized and always results in tens, hundreds, or even thousands of deaths.

To equate these, even before 9/11, is complete and utter lunacy.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjany,

Exactly -- think of all those families of the sailors on the U.S.S. Cole -- what a nuisance these sailors died

All these people who were murdered or maimed before Sept. 11 --- what a nuisance this was --- the funeral arrangements, the grief, the changed lives --- what a nuisance.

Let's just back to this nuisance ---
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the dozen or so men's families that have been beheaded by the TERRORIST would consider it a NUISANCE Mr. Kerry?
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link reveals another Democrat strategy. They are scaring the black voter again. They are doing everything but say the Republicans won't let them vote. Stephanie Tubbs Jones of Cleveland is a Jesse Jackson liberal telling anyone that listens that the Republicans in Ohio are trying to stop them from voting.

And how do Kerry and Democrats get away with actually preaching from the pulpit that they should vote for Kerry. And that Kerry is Gods man? Let a Baptist or Catholic church try to bring President Bush to the pulpit and tell the congregation to vote for Bush and Cheney. Their non profit status would be challanged.

Son of a VET wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041010/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_3
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjanay wrote:

I can't get that out of my mind.

HOW DARE HE.

Where exactly "were" we?

I guess it was just a nuisance in 93 when the towers were bombed the first time.

I guess it was just a nuisance when our barraks were bombed in Saudi,

I guess it was just a nuisance when our embassies were bombed.

I guess it was just a nuisance when the USS Cole was attacked.

I guess its just a nuisance for Israelis when busses, cafes, and hotels blow up.

I am only saddened that almost half of the country actually will vote for this bastard.

I have never been so outraged by a politician in my life.

Great stuff here. I agree. Yes he did equate terrorism with nuisance. He said GET BACK TO meaning it WAS only a nuisance then. Don't get tripped up in his language structure.

Again some vision into that mind set. He reveals more and more. But he hides in language structure that, like Clinton, makes (some) people think they heard something they didn't.

There is no defending this stupid statement. Silkie "Gomer" Pony will try... and we will laugh. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: