SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry Shows Colors on 9/11 tape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to do a hyperlink, but there is an article in today's New York times about this. The link is: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/10/magazine/10KERRY.html?ex=1097985600&en=2d8b7e46d42c0d0a&ei=5040&partner=MOREOVER

Last edited by southerndelite on Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: We Need To Get A Copy Of The Documentary-See Below Reply with quote

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:22 pm Post subject: Get Going Here! Broadcast Media Would Be Faster!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If you read this through you will see that the documentary
a production out on contract for programming with American
Public Television. They are part of WorldWide BBC.
However, it is NOT available at BBC.
I suggest trying (or having someone in the media) contacting
the Boston address for further pursuit. It would be clear
and effective. The little video on real player is not.

Explore the SITE AND LINKS COMPLETELY!!
American Public Television not BBC!
Here is a jumping off spot.

The film originally referred to in this post is: (THIS IS ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY) description/title

9/11 - CLEAR THE SKIES (1/59)

Genre: Documentary
NOLA: CLSK
Program Service: Syndication
Supplier: BBC Worldwide Americas
Rights: 4 Releases/2 Years
Offered: Summer 2003
Contract: 9/5/2003-9/4/2005
Description

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there were over 4,000 planes flying over the United States — four of them were hostile. America had the most powerful military in the world, yet an enemy attack was so unimaginable that the air defense of the entire U.S. mainland was left up to 14 fighter planes. 9/11 — CLEAR THE SKIES is a minute-by-minute story of how America's air defenses responded to the terrible events of that fateful day.

Press Materials
The following press materials may be reproduced in connection with the print and online program promotion of this program. No other uses are authorized without securing prior permission from the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Images

flags and buildings
flags and buildings 2

Mac users : If you are not able to see the actual image, Click here
Viewer Inquiries

www.bbcproducts.com Arrow (it is NOT AVAILABLE HERE)

Merchandise for Viewers

none NONE AT BBC

American Public Television
... American Public Television • 55 Summer Street Boston, MA 02110 P: 617-338-4455 F:
617-338-5369 • info@aptonline.org All Content © 2003 APT | Privacy ...
www.aptonline.org/ - Similar pages

CONTACT THESE PEOPLE. IT IS STILL OUT ON CONTRACT
FOR PROGRAMMING.

... Arrow 129 Donna_Hardwick@aptonline.org Boston, Mass (March 12, 2004) – American Public
Television and the international sales division APT Worldwide will be ...
www.aptonline.org/aptweb.nsf/ vOtherDocs/Press+Release-MIPTV+2004 - Similar pages
More results from www.aptonline.org

No wonder they got him one of the headquarters is in Boston!
I checked merchandise from bbc.
It is not available. However,
anyone in the industry can arrange for copies/clips FROM
American Public Television as it is still under contract until

Arrow I suggest calling Donna Hardwick also. It is American Public
Television that has the two programs. Arrow
[b]American Public Television • 55 Summer Street Boston, MA 02110
P: 617-338-4455 F: 617-338-5369 • info@aptonline.org
All Content © 2003 APT | Privacy Statement

YOU CAN CALL/E-MAIL/OR FAX AT THIS ADDRESS.

[/b]

Definitely a media savvy or media outlet could help.
There is also some info on USAtoday. I think it has to do with
the order for pilots to clear the skies.
I will continue the search but someone needs to get the media
to jump on it for expediency.

We have to hurry!!
Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail to Jim Geraghty @ NRO. He had the article posted on the Kerryspot.

Will post if I get anything back.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Memo to ORD33 Reply with quote

I can't get this link because my computer doesn't recognize the program that originated it. Can you give me the info? Cool

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Websites Claim BBC 9/11 Documentary Shows Kerry "Selfishly" And "Cowardly" "Bolting" From Capital
Back to News/Home Page
News Archives

Bush Country was forwarded comments that one of our readers had forwarded to Fox News after watching a scathing video segment from a BBC 9/11 documentary that apparently showed John Kerry franticly sprinting out of the Capital building on 9/11 leaving others to fend for themselves. Fox News has not yet shown the documentary, possibly the topic is considered "off base"?
However, just yesterday, the New York Times reported just how "heroic" John Kerry seemed to be in the video so we have to ask ourselves, who is correct our readers or the New York Times? The only way to find out is to let the American public watch it and decide on their own. Fox News...what are you waiting for?

Following is the letter to Fox News:

According to the following links, there is GREAT video footage showing John Kerry bolting down the Capital steps on 9/11 while others in the background are trying to assist women and elderly down the steps. Witnesses of the video describe his action as looking selfish and cowardly.

The brief scene occurs in a BBC documentary made before Kerry started running for president -- when he was not of any particular interest to the media, especially the British media. It was shown recently on some PBS stations, but evidently only a few of the right people noticed the Kerry scene. Three of them posted withering comments here:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9019

This is from the Forum on the Swift Vets web site under the section called "Geedunk and Scuttlebutt," under the thread "John Kerry Shows Colors on 9/11 tape" The Kerry escape is also ridiculed on the Free Republic:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1209813/posts#5

This is from the thread "9/11: Clear The Skies (Special)" begun on 9/08/2004. Just one comment on Kerry in this section. The woman who started the thread (brigette) says she made a tape of the whole documentary, but later says her husband erased it before she could make a copy. The documentary is apparently not available for sale to individuals, but only for license to TV stations. Here's the link:

http://www.aptonline.org/catalog.nsf/AlphaLookup/
5748511FC65D1C2585256D7C004BE697

I have included the complete text of both threads below for your convenience. My reaction after reading these postings, was "I want to see that footage of John Kerry in action myself!" I'm sure MANY other people would like to see it too. John Kerry has ridiculed President Bush for his behavior as captured on video on 9/11. In all fairness and balance, the public should see what John Kerry was doing that fateful day. Please get this video and show it to the world on Fox News!

Sincerely,
Name Withheld

Additional Comments From Message Board Threads Noted From The Writer Above:

Comments From "Red"

Last night my local PBS showed two documentaries about 9/11/01.
The first was about NY and the second about PA and DC.

In the raw footage shot that horrible day they showed the Capitol building being evacuated.

Hundreds of people were struggling to get down those massive stairs. You saw EVERYONE helping eachother- like the elderly or women who were wearing high heels, etc.

Then the camera switched position and the vantage point was of a side staircase next to the main one. Who comes out but John Kerry.
He was dressed in an immaculate dark blue suit with a matching powder blue pocket handkerchief and silk tie. Not a hair on his overly-coiffed head was out of place.

Now remember- this was filmed while the Pentagon was in flames, three years ago...the camera man did not film John Kerry "The Candidate" he was showing some guy coming out the door...

Well our friend the hero John Kerry looks over at the crowd, shrugs his arms a bit, looks around as if to see if anyone is looking- and BOLTS down the side stairs! He didn't help a single soul! ( I guess no one was drowning)

Meanwhile- Donald Rumsfeld was ignoring his Secret Service detail so he could help carry the injured out of the burning Pentagon.

THIS IS CLASSIC KERRY! This must be what you Swiftees had to witness EVERY DAY! And then he gets medals and honors for it???

The film is called "Clear the Skies" and it was on PBS. If I hadn't been force fed pictures of John Kerry for the past several months I would have just thought it was some cowardly guy. But I sat bolt upright in my chair and said- That's John Kerry! What a coward!

I sent an e-mail to Sean Hannity- I am hoping he can air the tape.

Keep up the GREAT FIGHT Swiftees!!!!!!

2nd Post From "Red"

I am so glad so many of you saw this too! I saw it on Long Island's PBS station WLIW. It was a two-part show- the first was called "9/11 Tale of Two Towers" and the second part with Kerry running away is called "Clear the Skies"

I heard Kerry say that if HE was president he would not have "sat there for 7 minutes reading to school children he would have said I am the President and I have an important matter to attend to"...Oh yeah? From what I saw and from what I know from the Swiftees he would have ran out of the classroom screaming.

I have tried several times to e-mail Hannity at Fox but they keep getting returned. I e-mailed his radio show and the general Fox Contact URL.

I REALLY hope he does something with it. No one else could handle this as well as Sean Hannity! LOL

And on one other note- it is a crime that there were NO programs or specials dedicated to 9/11. All they showed was the early morning service...you can bet if this wasn't an election year the networks would have been covered with coverage and memorials. When does partisan politics end and respect for the victims of that horrible day begin?

No Surrender!

Comments From "2ndamendsis"

YOU SAW IT TOO!!! So did I several months ago. Haven't been able to get it off my mind, either.

But, did you notice the women on the top of the stairs? Some took off their heels and a few were helped by men.

BUT...K Fn was actually BOLTING down the stairs in front of everyone. Then, as the camera spanned up those long wide stairs, it was almost empty until the focus went towards the top.

That man covered that huge expanse of stairs so quickly and left all men {and women} behind!

I'm so glad someone else saw it too. Now I know I'm not imagining or blind

PROUD wife of Army ASA Vet - 66-70
mom of Sailor - Gulf 1
daughter of WW11 Army Vet

2nd Post From "2ndamendsis"

"Did you see him, well, sort of tuck his head into his neck with his eyes down... little jerks to the left & right? You know, like he was ready to duck?

He NEVER looked back! Never helped one single person. What about his own people? He obviously left them to fend for themselves.

Sort of a replay of the PCF 94 rushing away after the mine hit the 3.
You know - cut and run!

He's a disgusting piece of crap. And I'm simply overjoyed that someone else saw that film.

Comments From "redrightreturn"

I know! I jumped up in my chair when I saw him. He just left EVERYONE there! What a CREEP! I am really hoping Hannity follows up. I hope he GETS ALL HIS E-Mails!!!

Comments From "BC"

I saw it, he not only bolted but he looked scared and confused as hell, yea some hero.

10.11.04 07:44 AM

http://www.bushcountry.org/news/oct_news_pages/g_101104_withheld_bbc_911_kerry_capital.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

susanlprince wrote:
I am so sick of the left twisting the truth...We constantly hear about Bush's "7 minutes" of doing nothing after hearing of the attacks, but what did Kerry do after hearing of the attacks?

http://www.grassfire.org/7026/kerry.htm

While Kerry FLED, Rumsfeld, against secret service detail advice, stayed and helped carry out the injured. The MSM will never tell you the truth or who the real HEROS are. God bless you Rummie!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's 'Forward-Looking Theory' About Fighting Terrorism

(CNSNews.com) - "John Kerry has a thoughtful, forward-looking theory about terrorism and how to fight it. But can it resonate with Americans in the post-9/11 world?" begins an article in Sunday's New York Times Magazine. The article describes Sen. Kerry as calm and collected amid the panic as the U.S. Capitol building was evacuated on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, after a plane hit the Pentagon. "You know, my instinct was, 'Where's my gun?'" Kerry told New York Times reporter Matt Bai. "How do you fight back? I wanted to do something." Bai describes Kerry as guarded about being interviewed -- and even about saying which type of bottled water he prefers. "He acts as if you've been sent to destroy him, and he can't quite figure out why in the world he should be sitting across from you." Such guardedness, Bai says, "has contributed to the impression that he does not think clearly or boldly about foreign policy."
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a stupid idea, feel free to tell me so or just ignore me. But if you are trying to get a copy, it hits me that the people who were in the film probably have found a way to get or make a copy. I know the Law Enforcement guys usually arrange to get copies when they are in documentaries. Do any of the military people on the board know Colonel Robert Marr, he was the Commander of the North East Defence Sector and he's in the flick. There are two pilots knows as "Duff" and "Nasty", anyone know them?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is 10/11/04. The show is/was supposed to run again today. Anyone catch it?
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Note:
The BBC News link provided is NOT the film CLEAR THE SKIES.
THey are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRODUCTIONS!!!!

Red
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT IDEA ROON! MY BROTHER WAS A FIREFIGHTER AND HE SAVED EVERY CLIPPING HE COULD GET HIS HANDS ON. ANY ACTIVE MILITARY W/ IDEAS ON HOW TO REACH THE PILOTS OR CAPITOL POLICE OR ANY IDEAS AT ALL- PLEASE POST AND I WILL FOLLOW UP AS BEST I CAN.

RED-
THE LINK PROVIDE BY SIMPK5 IS NOT THE RIGHT VIDEO? PLEASE CLARIFY. I DIDN'T SEE THE ORIGINAL.
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that isn't the video CLEAR THE SKIES it is a different video from BBC news.

Clear the Skies had no narration or reporter and was made by C5 productions in the UK.

What you see in Clear the Skies and Tale of Two Towers are the events unfolding and people recalling the events.

The shot of the capitol in the BBC clip shown here is from a different place. The Clear the Skies view was taken from a different vantage point.

When we see John Kerry in Clear the Skies the first frame is of a closed door at the top of the stairs. The door opens and he comes out. NO one is speaking in the background. He looks around and up at the sky, then looks at the throng of people to his right (our left), shrugs his shoulders in a weird way, makes a quick glance as if to see if anyone is watching, ducks his head and is down those steps like a bat out of hell.

I hope that explains it- I WISH I HAD TAPED IT! The LAST person I thought I would see in it is that creep! That was a day of terrible tragedy and amazing heroes....no place for someone like John Kerry.

Red
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add that it seems that the saturation of "clips"
thoughout the net {without titles- just insinuation}
is a very good strategy to quell the public's curiosity.

It's as though they're flooding the net with all these different scenes to confuse everyone. And I might add that people are very confused. Is this how they're going to saturate the people's curiosity so that no one will be interested??

Looks like a deliberate act while they've used the NYSlimes to
make a preemptive strike.

If the public ever sees the actual scene............they couldn't dispute the truth.
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION, RED. THAT'S WHAT I WAS HOPING TO HEAR. PLEASE KEEP POSTING TO THIS TOPIC SO IT STAYS ON THE TOP OF THE DISCUSSION FORUM LIST. WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE IN ON THIS AS POSSIBLE. I'M BACK TO WORK. THE RIGHT CLIP IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: American Public Television Responds!! Reply with quote

OK.
We have to get the media to help. Someone who can obtain
the (copy or segment or clip) that we need as a professional
courtesy.

APT has responded to my inquiry as follows;

Dear Mary Ann,

There is no video available for purchase of that program. Also, to find
airdates, please check your local listings or with your local public
television station. We don't make the schedules for the stations and they
change often.

Faye Pantazopoulos
Senior Communications Associate, Marketing & Design

Everyone get busy!
I am still hoping Sean Hannity will come through.

Make it a productive day.
Mary Ann Parker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: