SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its Official - Bush is smarter than Kerry.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: It's Official! Bush is smarter Reply with quote

Aristotle, I am a little inexperienced in how to work things on a site like this. If you PM me how do I find what you have said? Appreciate your thoughtfulness. Or youcould email me at (removed email address). Thanks.

(I removed your email address - it could be picked up by spambots or crazies. If you want it back in there, just click on Edit at the top of your message and type over my edit and click "submit". EJ)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up at the top right of the screen, there are links under Swiftvets.com,
Service to Country

In the middle of the second line of links, there is a note that says, "You have no new messages, or "You have 1 new message," etc. Just click on that and you'll go to your phpBB inbox.

You can send a Private Message by clicking on the "PM" button at the bottom of someone else's post.

Hope that helps. :)
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: It's Official! Bush is smarter Reply with quote

hmminCanada wrote:
Aristotle, I am a little inexperienced in how to work things on a site like this. If you PM me how do I find what you have said? Appreciate your thoughtfulness. Or youcould email me at (removed email address). Thanks.

(I removed your email address - it could be picked up by spambots or crazies. If you want it back in there, just click on Edit at the top of your message and type over my edit and click "submit". EJ)

My email address is listed in my profile. Email me.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a quote from Howell Raines, former editor of the New York Times. That should work well in the piece. ""Does anyone in America doubt that Kerry has a higher IQ than Bush? I'm sure their SATs and college transcripts would put Kerry far ahead."

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expected release date of Bush vs Kerry IQ story is Oct. 18. Good timing.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOS ANGELES, May 1 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair, whose closeness to U.S. President George W. Bush earned him praise from Washington and derision at home, says he thinks the American leader's lightweight image is "complete bull."

In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Blair said the image was not only "complete bull" but "total nonsense."

He added in the interview with contributing editor David Margolick, "I was about to say, 'He's not someone who will philosophize,' but actually that's not true, because he does. But 'directness' is the best way I can describe it. He has a very, very direct way of stating exactly what he feels about a situation."

Blair added about Bush, "He is highly intelligent, and it's not clotted by so many nuances that the meaning is obscured. The good thing about (Bush) is that once he does really think that an issue has to be tackled he has big reserves of courage for doing it, and he won't really be diverted."

"I trust him, and that is extremely important at our level of politics," Blair, a chief Bush ally in the Iraq war, said.

The British prime minister defended being both friends with Bush and his predecessor, Bill Clinton, saying, "They're very different people, but so what? We all have different friends."

Regarding his and Bush's strong religious beliefs, Blair said, "I can't say it's something we've discussed, but it's something we share." Although Blair denied that he and Bush prayed together, Margolick said that someone close to Blair told him that they probably have.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More grist for the mill

Bush higher SAT score than John Kerry (vanity)
Posted on 10/09/2004 9:56:01 PM PDT by SideoutFred
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20people%20by%20SAT%20score
Bush 1206 Kerry 1190
Here is what we also know from New Yorker Magazine and UPI in articles from January of 2004.
-- Bush's SAT scores are higher than Bill Bradley's, Paul Wellstone's, and John Kerry's.
-- Bush scored a 1206 on his SAT, 566 of 800 on verbal and 640 of 800 on math. [Since the SAT's scale has since been "recentered," Bush's score is more like a 1300 today.]
-- Bush's verbal score would place him between the 84th and 92nd percentile of college-bound students, or the 93rd to 97th percentile of ALL high-school seniors taking the exams, the percentile usually used.
-- His math score would also place him between the 84th and 92nd percentile of college-bound students, or the 94th to 98th percentile of ALL high-school seniors taking the exams, the percentile usually used.
-- Using one method to extract IQ's from these SAT scores, Bush's IQ would be somewhere between 124 and 137. Hardly a dunce, that's at least in the top six percent of Americans.
-- We all hear of Bush's supposed college mediocrity, but in reality his "worst" courses were two C-minus scores. Accounting for grade inflation, Bush's worst grades are around today's B-minuses.
Recentered SAT: 1300 IQ: 124-137 Stupid: Definately not
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that does appear to smack Mr. Raines rather smartly about the head and shoulders, doesn't it?

Just let the other side keep "misunderestimating" him. Wink

There's a revolution going on, but they haven't caught on, yet.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's GCT of 58 after graduating from Yale certainly is unimpressive.
When I joined the Navy almost 50 years ago I did so poorly on the Phoenix Recruiting Centere test (ASVAB?) that I was told I could go to Navy RTC San Diego but if I didn't do better on the GCT I might be sent next door to MCRD Very Happy .
Then I got 67 GCT (no MENSA for me Sad ) and 68 ARI and went off to ET school.
That 135 total is one point less than I scored on one of those on-line IQ tests so maybe there is some correlation.
Paul5388
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

My GCT + ARI was 130 which is 5 less than what I scored on one of the online test, so it does seem like there is some correlation between the two.

Of course, there was 43 years between the GCT and the online test. I had been 17 years old less than a month when I took the Navy battery of tests.

www.usslittlerock.com
CK_Phantom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a methodology for determining relative IQ from modern ASVAB line scores from test taken while hungover?

US Army "Cold War" Veteran
Born in the USofA on the 4th of July.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Kerry's GCT of 58 after graduating from Yale certainly is unimpressive.
When I joined the Navy almost 50 years ago I did so poorly on the Phoenix Recruiting Centere test (ASVAB?) that I was told I could go to Navy RTC San Diego but if I didn't do better on the GCT I might be sent next door to MCRD Very Happy .

They threatened everbody with that. I can remember sitting out in the sun eating gedunk sent from home and watching those poor jarheads duckwalking in sand.

Then I got 67 GCT (no MENSA for me Sad ) and 68 ARI and went off to ET school.
That 135 total is one point less than I scored on one of those on-line IQ tests so maybe there is some correlation.

October is National Mensa testing month. Contact your local Mensa chapter and take the test. Your GCT score was obtained by a different brain than the one you have now. Find out. mensa is fun. At least it tis here in SWFL.

I took my GCT test at 5 AM in boot camp when I was a 19 year old high scool graduate and scored more than ten points higher than Kerry after he had graduated from Yale. That is one of things that made me suspect that the Kerry is smart, Bush is stupid myth might be false.

Sam[/quote]
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK_Phantom wrote:
Is there a methodology for determining relative IQ from modern ASVAB line scores from test taken while hungover?

Yes, hangovers artificially inflate the IQ score. Subtract 25% from what you scored while hungover and that will be about right. Very Happy

Sam:
Sorry, I just couln't make myself pass up the chance to punch you on the shoulder.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iSteve.com/Oct04.htm#delajara

IQ Odds and Ends: Rodrigo de la Jara runs a fun "IQ Comparison Site" with lots of interesting data.

Of particular interest is his discovery of a Pre-1974 SAT to IQ Conversion Table. The Educational Testing Service has long denied, with a straight face, knowing of any study correlating SAT scores and IQ scores, so de la Jara is only partially kidding when he writes:

The table is from the paper 'Conversion Tables for Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude Test,' by Warren W. Willingham and James A. Strickland in the Personnel and Guidance Journal, 41(4), 1962, 356-358. It took some effort and luck to dig up this obscure paper. The experience was a bit like finding a Rosetta stone. Wink

'The data are based upon a sample of 403 students who visited the Office of Guidance and Testing at Georgia Institute of Technology during the years of 1957-1960.'...

'The correlation between the two scores was 0.58. The standard error of estimate for the SAT total score was 102; the standard error of estimate for the Otis was 5.8. This correlation of 0.58 gives a spuriously low impression of the correlation between the SAT and the Otis due to restriction in the range of ability in this sample.'

Unfortunately, this Otis-Gamma IQ test has a standard deviation of 15.6 rather than the standard 15, so George W. Bush's 1206 SAT score, for example, would equate to a conventional IQ of about 128 rather than the Otis-Gamma 129, as the table says.
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime somebody accuses Bush of being stupid, well, I think you have to be stupid to think he's stupid! For as stupid as they thought he was, with a little practice, he pretty much outclassed the slick talking Kerry at his own practiced craft, debating. Kerry is of course one of the smartest, best debators ever known in Congress that has spent his entire life practicing debating, mostly with himself, while Bush was actually out doing something, like working. What a novel thing to actually do, and what an insult this is to the intellectual world. How can anybody but a public servant in government know anything? He worked in private enterprise of all things, and he has all these evil oil buddies back in Texas. Keep up the good work with the IQ thing. Nice to have mathematical proof of what all the old country bumpkins like us already know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: