SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry Doyle rips up SAG card on the air tonight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Jerry Doyle rips up SAG card on the air tonight! Reply with quote

My dear friends..as you all know I love talk radio. I want you to know that our friend, Jerry Doyle, who has stood by SVFT since their conception, ripped up his SAG card after receiving the letter written by Gov. Racicot to the AFL-CIO. He took a major stand tonight. He decided that he could no longer be apart of a union that is using voter intimdiation in a coordinated effort.
Tonight, Jerry also had a plug for Stolen Honor and told everyone to watch it..he has had several Swift Vets on the air and even said he has contributed to our site. He puts his money where his mouth is.
Although you may not think ripping up his SAG card is a major deal, it is..he can no longer do any work that requires it, voice over work..acting..he has been there for us, drop him an email, let him know..thanks..and for all of you who have friends, family who condone such tactics by the AFL-CIO, let them know exactly what they have been up to..

www.JerryDoyle.com

It is time to support those who have supported us..and he has and continues to..as so many others..Michael Savage as well gives a portion of his book sales to SVFT..did you know that? Yep..any others you can think of? Please post so we can give a shout out of thanks..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Saw a Great Poll on his site after I thanked him!! Reply with quote

Q: Who won the 2nd Presidential Debate?

Answer Percent
Bush
83%
Neither
7%
Kerry
6%
Don't Know
2%
Don't Care
2%

Somebody got it right
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Proud. I agree. What Jerry did was very impressive and I am going to write to him to let him know.

As a matter of fact, I am working on a post very much related to this topic. I should have it done in a couple of days. It goes into much more depth than I am able to delve into now.

Didn't I read a few posts about how some union members that you know are being intimidated by their unions about their voting, displaying sKerry campaign signs, and who they are to vote for? I have been meaning to ask you how has that affected them and their reaction and that of other members?

Knowing what I know about unions, I am concerned for Jerry being able to continue working. It is disgusting that someone is forced to join a union to work! Evil or Very Mad
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is disgusting that someone is forced to join a union to work!

unbelievable isn't it? I refuse to work a job that requires me to join a union, it takes away my freedom.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got rassed at work by a faculty member whilst wearing a "Veterans for Bush/Cheney" button (small one). There are Kerry/Edwards signs/material everywhere here. I know the guy well and he was really joking, but I wasn't and I shot back to him that if the Union can have promote it's candidate all over the place, I surely can have my measly one little Veterans button and nobody better say anything to me about it.

End of conversation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always loved Jerry Doyle on Babylon 5. It's awesome that he took a stand like this!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Maybe all the conservatives in Hollywood should just all pull out and consider doing their own thing! It would take a while, and would be a bit of a tough road to go, but I'll bet it's possible. A lot of us "out here" would sure be willing to support it however we could.

Speaking of Babylon 5, this line might apply:

"If you are falling off a mountain, you might as well try to fly".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: