SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are liberals just stupid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CK_Phantom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course this is only a small part of the problem. There are more than 2,000,000 illegals that make it across the mexican border every year to disappear into the population. Add those up, and what do you see happening?

Can you say systematic invasion through infiltration?

Anyone read about the problems in Sweden?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/003131.php

Same thing happening here.. just with welfare entitlement dependants, central and south americans in addition to the rest of the world's problems...

US Army "Cold War" Veteran
Born in the USofA on the 4th of July.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Are liberals just stupid? Reply with quote

clpeters23 wrote:
What's the deal with people who believe the crap spewed by most dems? Are they so gullible they'll take what's on the MSM as facts? Or are they looking for government to be their Mommy & Daddy and take care of them? Or, as Michael Savage says, extreme liberalism is a mental disorder.
I do not understand it at all. Someone please explain it to me.

Cathy

They are wingnuts.

Left wing or right wing, if you are over the edge you are a wingnut.

Liberals vote their emotions conservatives vote their thinking. Emotionalism leads to nuttiness.

That is what accounts for there being more left wingnuts than right wingnuts.

Any other questions?

Sam
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened upon a liberal forum tonight and it was really weird. This one guy was writing literally pages upon pages of quotes from the Bible and elsewhere on what is wrong with us "right wingers".

Whew! A big case of projection if you ask me.

Also, others were talking about how biased the media is towards GW.
I laughed out loud at that one. The one blogger was saying Carl Rove has the media so pressured they won't tell the truth about GW.

After about 20 minutes of reading these lefty blogs, I couldn't take the inanity any further.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
crazyndn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been arguing on some forums for about 4 months now. I highly suggest that if you cannot figure out a way to help sink Kerrys elections chances, then maybe you could find a forum that has many liberal posters on it and jump into the debates?

I use many of the articles and blogger sites posted here to back up my claims against John Kerry. If I can sway even ONE undecided voter, then I have done my part to help prevent John Kerry from getting elected. In fact, I'm seeing other articles that the swiftie forums are talking about, being posted by new people to the forums. Hmmm are any of you lurking there with me?

I must admit the forum I battle it out on is very tough to post on, as I have been called a Fascist, lying, *******, Nazi, Warmongering, immoral, retard, but I do my best to continue on past the serious insults and post truthful comments about John Kerry’s treasonous actions.

Be forewarned, when calling into question ANY of John Kerry’s past to a Liberal, you will open your self to some serious over the line insults, but remember the stakes here, so put on your flak jacket and get out there!

Last edited by crazyndn on Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We try not to involve URL's to other websites and forums on these forums.

It is trivial for sysadmins to see where a bunch of hits are coming from and send over a few disrupters of their own. Some of the people who were here before the site got steady moderation may remember the results of a few inter-board wars. It's not a nice mess to view, much less to have to clean up. Wink

What our members do with their time is not for us to say.

Speaking only for myself, I believe that what little free time I have is best spent emailing television stations to thank them for airing Stolen Honor, for instance - any pro-Kerry vet who can watch this documentary and still be pro-Kerry would be an oddity. Or writing rebuttals to anti-Swifts editorials and columns. Or directing the members here to material that answers their questions. Writing to my troops overseas and sending them materials from the internet that they may not have access to. Things that will affect as many people as possible.

Everyone has to make up their own minds about how they can best help. Some are standing in the streets with their own little Operation Street Corners set up. Some are massively emailing support or rebuttals. Some are calling their Congress-critters. Others are printing flyers to distribute.

Wherever you find progress, go for it! But, nothing that would tend to promote board wars, okay? Wink Good luck!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michmaddave wrote:
"Are Liberal's just stupid"???

In a word yes, but a much more important question is;

-why are we guilted into tap-dancing to their tune??? When they claim we are "racist, sexist, bigots, homophobes.." and so on. Why do we feel defensive when they just say the most inflamatory thing they can think of? Why do we feel responsible for their EXTREMISM!!!!<>>>><<<??????????????????
It is an honest question. I have asked myself this many times, and I can't figure it out, but we have the moral high ground. We are the one's who are right. We have to excocise ourselves of THEIR evils. We are not the guilty here. THEY are!!!! The lies are being told from the LEFT!!!

The Liberals have been riding this wave of guilt promotion for a long time now, and it is time for it to end. They are the one's whith no shame, and they should feel guilty as anyone!

Why -- because we are caring compassionate conservatives --- we think they can be healed.
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> “Are Liberal's just stupid”

Yes.

Posted throughout a Boise school I found posters with the word “INTOLERANCE” stamped over with the multinational “no” (red circle / slash). So they will not tolerate intolerance?

A local judge allowed a stone monument ripped from the sod of the green belt because it somehow violated the Consecution’s edict that government shall not establish religion. Is not this judge’s disestablishment but a subset of establish?

I was not allowed to purchase a new rifle at the local gun shop because I refused to support institutional racism. The government documentation required my race. I wrote, human.

I received the multi-page censes form, snipped off everything below names and birthdays on the first page and mailed it in. After repeated pleas via phone and knocks at my kitchen door to do more, the head of the Northwest Censes Bureau flew out from Seattle, rented a car, and completed his pilgrimage at my dusty lane in homage of the truism that the only thing stupider than a liberal is a liberal with access to the public trough. We shared a cup of coffee while he tinkered with his laptop thinking himself clever as he gleaned knowledge toward some of the questions I still refused to answer, like, “Do you have indoor plumbing?”
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think liberal extremists make about as much sense as conservative extremists. People who hold their own moral opinion as law, and feel there opinion on abortion/marriage/etc. should then be the opinion of everyone. Once you disagree they chant with out hesitation "What about MY RIGHTS" or "My God said its Immoral, so therefore you should feel the same way". I sincerely wish both sides would just sit back a relax for a minute, say ' you can have your opinions, and I will have mine ' While I consider myself a 'liberal' I certainly don't characterize myself with the 'tree huggers' or others that simply follow their parties platform. Nothing angers me more than an individual who has no criticism for their party or candidate.
I was watching MTV the other day (as I have just learned from this forum all liberals do?) and I saw footage of a guy at Bush's ralley say "This is the first time I have ever felt like God is in the White House" While people you guys have mentioned give libs a bad name, IMO this guy is what is wrong with the conservative spectrum. I guess I just hope that people realize that for every couple of wacked out hippie libs out there, there are a few conservatives that you might think, WTF????
No one in this world is perfect, ESPECIALLY politicians. To Blindly follow a leader into war with out question is wrong. I am not saying whether we are right or wrong, but attacking criticism of the president in a time of war doesn't make sense to me. The president, IMO, should infact encourage it. How else will he learn ? As far as Kerry is concerned, people should have looked at the facts behind his military record, not simply the fact that he has one. In the primaries people looked at him as their savior, now we learn, in part to you all, he is probably the worst challenger to an encumbant president ever.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing votr wrote:
I think liberal extremists make about as much sense as conservative extremists. People who hold their own moral opinion as law, and feel there opinion on abortion/marriage/etc. should then be the opinion of everyone. Once you disagree they chant with out hesitation "What about MY RIGHTS" or "My God said its Immoral, so therefore you should feel the same way". I sincerely wish both sides would just sit back a relax for a minute, say ' you can have your opinions, and I will have mine '

To apply your logic would mean:

The people in the slave owning states were entitled to their "opinion" to own slaves. Then they should have also been entitled to their "opinion" to secede from the Union.

The Germans who thought all the Jews should be exterminated from the earth were entitled to their "opinion".

Sorry, there are moral rights and wrongs in this world --- but then again --- that is just my opinion.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
swing votr wrote:
I sincerely wish both sides would just sit back a relax for a minute, say ' you can have your opinions, and I will have mine '

The people in the slave owning states were entitled to their "opinion" to own slaves. Then they should have also been entitled to their "opinion" to secede from the Union.

The Germans who thought all the Jews should be exterminated from the earth were entitled to their "opinion".

Sorry, there are moral rights and wrongs in this world --- but then again --- that is just my opinion.

Allow me to clarify that sentance. I was refering to the recent attacks on on GOP headquarters around the country, and other instances where violent clashes of opinions have needlessly led to violence. If people calmed down, and explained opinions rather than errupting in ridiculousness, obviously we would have a much better country.

As for what you said, all of those are clear violations of the Bill of Rights (except may seceding from the Union, don't know where that falls under). But wether you like it or not, there are laws that vary from state to state. Whether its speed limits, drinking laws, gambeling, etc. Imagine if everylaw was the same all across the country. Imagine if the person making the laws was from Las Vegas, and Sin-City became Sin-America. Or what if a Born again Christian was making the law? How could two extremes ruling America benefit the majority in this nation? I just think it would be beneficial to extend those laws to include more. Abortion/gay marriage/etc.xample are two hotly contested issues that have been brought up. Now as a nation it is almost 50/50. Allowing each state to vote will increase the number of states that don't allow abortion, while allowing other states to have them if they want.
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If statements like,

“…violent clashes of opinions have needlessly led to violence,”

make sense to you,

you might be a liberal.

“Imagine if every law was the same all across the country.”

You seem to lack the most remedial understanding of our form of self governance. Only those issues not mentioned as federal in our constitution are expressly reserved to the legislatures of the states. The constitution accepts, without mentioning, matters of foundational precedence like marriage by the prudent man test. No prudent man at the founding of our nation would expect marriage between same sexes, thus, without an amendment it is not acceptable at the federal level. Utah was to be denied statehood until it forbid plural marriage.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing votr wrote:
I think liberal extremists make about as much sense as conservative extremists.

Agreed and vice-versa. Wink

Quote:
Nothing angers me more than an individual who has no criticism for their party or candidate.

Well, this might reallllly tick you off, then. Wink

I'm very conservative, fiscally and on the issues of small government, states' rights, etc. - but I have several quite liberal (not leftist, but liberal) social beliefs.

You might guess from that that I have a few issues with this President - but I am so infuriated by the steady drubbing and beating he has taken in the press that I simply refuse to criticize anything about him.

I will not add ONE NOTE of criticism or dissent to the cacophony from the screaming banshees and barking moonbats.

I am going to hope and pray that he is elected by a huge margin and after the war on terror is well in hand and we are safe, again, then I'll criticize my President (whoever he or she may be at that time) for matters that are less critical and pressing to me.

Quote:
I was watching MTV the other day (as I have just learned from this forum all liberals do?) and I saw footage of a guy at Bush's ralley say "This is the first time I have ever felt like God is in the White House"

Surely you don't believe that the guy at the rally was speaking of the President, himself? Shocked

I'm not even Christian, but I sure feel better knowing that my President has a moral core to give him a backbone, and that he relies on a Creator or a Higher Intelligence or <gasp!> "God" for guidance and strength. There have been times in my life which I probably wouldn't have survived had it not been for my faith. I am GLAD that this President has a source of moral courage and strength and inspiration!

I'm pretty sick of people acting as if the fact that our President prays is somehow loony.

One idiot talking head repeats, "He thinks he talks to God and that God talks to him" at every opportunity, as if the President touts himself as taking advantage of something which we don't all have at our disposal if we choose to use it.

Quote:
I guess I just hope that people realize that for every couple of wacked out hippie libs out there, there are a few conservatives that you might think, WTF????

Yep - and we know they give us a bad name. We usually take them to task for it.

Quote:
To Blindly follow a leader into war with out question is wrong.

Somehow, I don't think you'll find too many people who support this war "blindly." We know that it's us or them, it's here or there and we choose - them and there.

Quote:
I am not saying whether we are right or wrong, but attacking criticism of the president in a time of war doesn't make sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me. He's getting enough of it from the anti-war, anti-military, anti-Bush crowds.

He's not going to get a word of it from me. I will defend him and his decisions to my last breath, because I know in my heart and soul that he is looking out for his citizens. He took that oath of office seriously and he means business.

Quote:
The president, IMO, should infact encourage it. How else will he learn ?

Seems to me he's done pretty well in his OJT.

Read "Misunderestimated" if you get a chance. No president of our country has EVER dealt with the level and volume of pure vitriol as has this one - and he's done it with dignity and grace under some of the worst pressure our leader has ever had to face.

Quote:
As far as Kerry is concerned, people should have looked at the facts behind his military record, not simply the fact that he has one. In the primaries people looked at him as their savior, now we learn, in part to you all, he is probably the worst challenger to an encumbant president ever.

And this is going to be one of the best side-effects of the Swifts' organization and their message - the final downfall of the mainstream media as the primary source for news and commentary.

If people hadn't believed all those stupid CNN and MSNBC and USAToday polls which showed that Kerry had the best chance to beat Bush, maybe they'd have actually listened to what the candidates were saying and looked at their records and looked at who was endorsing them.

They didn't, though - they went for "electability," which now appears to be a factor dreamed up by the media, itself.

I could have supported a "President Lieberman." His social and fiscal politics are actually more in line with mine than President Bush's. He also understood what some of us understand - we have a very limited choice, when it comes to the war on terror. It's now or later.

It's an inevitability that this President chose to face, now and I think it's going to end up being in the history books as one of the most dramatic turning points for the better for our country as a super-power. I believe that Joe Lieberman was probably the only candidate who understood that and understands the nature of the enemy that we're facing. Most of the American people do not... yet.

We're at war - let the leftists continue trashing the President if that is their wont. I won't add to it and I won't react positively to those in our party who do, either. They've given far too much encouragement to the enemy already.

I wish we had a "War Department," again - instead of a "Defense Department."

I wish Hollywood had more than a handful of Ron Silver's to stand up against the overwhelmingly empty-headed opinion-makers, so that movies were supporting our troops instead of attempting to bring down their morale.

And lastly, I wish that everyone who "threatens" to move to another country if Bush is elected would just do so.

We as conservatives endured the impotent humiliation of the Carter and Clinton years - if they really can't stand living in a country in which the President considers the safety of the country his first obligation, then perhaps they would be more comfortable in a country like Spain, where appeasement is now in full test mode. Wink
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right children play nice. The main problem here is that a lot of moderates have begun to believe the MSM's portrayal of Christian Conservatives as intolerant, right wing nuts who want to force their views onto everyone else. As a so-called Christian Conservative let me say that this is not true. For the most part Christians feel that their job is to persuade people to their point of view not coerce them. We for the most part are taught to love and respect everyone not force them to our will. Now there are probably some exceptions to that, but most mainline denominations teach this way. Also, with the gay marriage issue it is not quite so evenly divided as the MSM would have you believe because most major religions Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are opposed to this. I know how we are portrayed in the media but remember who we are talking about here (Dan Rather and his ilk), so take what they say about Christians with a grain of salt and we will try to behave like we are taught. Smile
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

They're evil and selfish also.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing votr wrote:
jataylor11 wrote:
swing votr wrote:
I sincerely wish both sides would just sit back a relax for a minute, say ' you can have your opinions, and I will have mine '

Allow me to clarify that sentance. I was refering to the recent attacks on on GOP headquarters around the country, and other instances where violent clashes of opinions have needlessly led to violence. If people calmed down, and explained opinions rather than errupting in ridiculousness, obviously we would have a much better country.

As for what you said, all of those are clear violations of the Bill of Rights (except may seceding from the Union, don't know where that falls under). But wether you like it or not, there are laws that vary from state to state. Whether its speed limits, drinking laws, gambeling, etc. Imagine if everylaw was the same all across the country. Imagine if the person making the laws was from Las Vegas, and Sin-City became Sin-America. Or what if a Born again Christian was making the law? How could two extremes ruling America benefit the majority in this nation? I just think it would be beneficial to extend those laws to include more. Abortion/gay marriage/etc.xample are two hotly contested issues that have been brought up. Now as a nation it is almost 50/50. Allowing each state to vote will increase the number of states that don't allow abortion, while allowing other states to have them if they want.

Actually the nation is not 50/50 on these issues. I believe that the % supporting the definition of marriage as between a male and female is more along the 80% level. This is not an extreme.

The % of America's who oppose partial birth abortion, late trimester abortion, parental notification, no federal funding is also substantially higher than 50%.

As far as some states allowing abortion and some not this is what existed prior to Roe v. Wade. When I was in high school pregnant girls went to NYC to get abortions.

Speed limits should be different from region to region --- 55 mph in the empty stretches of the Midwest does not make much sense --- 75mph on the streets of DC is ridiculous (but it happens)

Liberals are interested in everyone being alike, everyone isn't alike.

Personally, as a born again Christian I trust my ability to make laws that followed the Constitution of the United States. I am a lawyer who believes in a strict constructionist interpretation of the Constitution -- not a what is in "fashion" this decade interpretation by liberal judges who are unaccountable to the public.

This nation has been so successful because our founding fathers honored Judeo/Christian principles and recognized and credited our blessings as being blessings from God. I do not want a state sanctioned religion --- nor do I want some atheist forcing my religion into dark closets.
I believe in a free society, however this is substantially different from an anything goes society. The MTV generation wants an anything goes society -- along the way they forget about responsibility, core moral principles and values.

I've never been to Sin City --- sin finds me fast enough without me traveling to find it. I also think Las Vegas is the realization of the adage that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Last edited by jataylor11 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: