SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume objects to running Stolen Honor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grammaj
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression from Charles' comments is that this issue needs to be discussed, not left to 'ads'. Now that struck a chord in my heart.

On a personal note, I like Charles' comments, no matter on what topic. They are clear and straight to the point.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Charles also. He is always the 'centering' force.

the commies get their people in positions of power - been working on that for years.... they lost by the nick of their teeth the last time.... they sure didn't like waiting 4 yrs to have the office to do more damage to our country.... look what's happened in 8 yrs of clinton in office! Twisted Evil

I have my signs out at the road.... have to go out twice a day and change the direction they face, so people see them when they go to work in the morning and on their way home at night! I should take pics and post.... if I can figure out how to do that! Rolling Eyes
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Fine. The more news, the more controversy the more people will want to watch Stolen Honor. Sinclair will run the show because they have the intelligence to see it as news and not propoganda. They have interviewed the POWs and agree that they should be heard. This is a First Amendment right if I have ever seen one. They have every right to tell the world what happened to them in the POW camps as a result of John Kerry's 1971 senate testimony. Let the chips fall where they may.

The forged documents that Dan Rather released were not news. They were lies. The 30 minutes devoted to 3 interviews with Kitty Kelley was not news, it was propoganda. The amount of programming dedicated to slamming President Bush this year disguised as news far outweighs the amount of time that Sinclair Broadcasting will spend letting a few2 POWs tell their stories. If John Kerry wants to come on that program and explain what he did the invitation has been issued.

Excellent points NoMoreLies! Bump...
Sleepless...
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
The Fox News Network, once considered an alternative to the MSM has become a vast wasteland of responsible journalism. They should have offered a three hour block of time on Saturday evening to air the Swiftee charges with both sides participating in the debate.

I have written and E-mailed Roger Ailes and Brit Hume many times and have posted my many pleas on this board over the past 4 months without one response. Their refusal to allow this important issue to be discussed fully prior to the Nov. 2nd election is a clear case of derelection of their public responsibility. After all, they are just too busy with all the sex and violence stuff.

Let's face it - the main stream media being a misnomer, FOX News has set itself up as a slightly to the right repository for news and analysis...that said, charges that are perceived from the fringe (rightly or wrongly) are thought to have aired themselves and worked themselves into the public square without any "help" from them...problem is that the old MSM is pushing hard for Kerry...no one except Sean Hannity and talk radio pulls the rope on the other side of this tug'o war...

SO WE LABOR ON - get the vote out - make the 72 hour efforts of the RNC around the country pay off - this will be the first year they're really tried...I'm excited to see how they work...Go President...win debate 3 for the Gipper...
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
There has never been a Presidential candidate who has so grievously offended a number of POW's that they wanted make their objections to his candidacy heard. That's news. The media doesn't know how to deal with it, only because the object of the POW's anger is the media's pet candidate. If it was Bush who had gone to meet with the enemy during a time of war as a Naval Reserve officer, and Bush who had pressed the government to accept the enemy's terms of surrender, and Bush who testified before Congress that the men he served with were war criminals, thereby harming the POW's, the media couldn't hear about it enough. Does anyone doubt they would clear the boards and put the POW's on every program from Today to Tonight for the next 3 weeks, and print endless interviews in every liberal newspaper and magazine through election day?
The media would find nothing, nothing whatever wrong with getting such facts out to the public. We know that, because they hasten to publish even gossip, slander and fraudulent documents, so long as it serves their candidate. But the fact that these POW's, our beloved and respected heroes, have something negative to say about Kerry and not Bush, causes the opposite kind of frenzy. A frenzy to condemn, stifle and censor. Rank hypocricy. Blatant partiality. Obvious bias. Shame on them.

Excellent points all and it goes to the heart of the media bias...super...
Sleepless...
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pneal wrote:
People who support the President, still wanted to see what Moore's crap-mentary had to say.

Isn't it sorry and sad that there seems to be no standard for what a documentary is any more? What's up with that? You can slice in any comment, you can generate any spin and remix any number of events into utterly non-chronological fashion to try to re-write and revise history and facts. It's sick and slanders the public intelligence and diservices free people and freedom loving people, informed people. If a documentary can't pass the smell test it should be called for what it is plain and simple - a political film - or better yet - propaganda. If Moore's film is up for Academy Awards for "documentary" category we may as well throw the Oscars into the trash heap with the Cannes awards - a rubbish pile dedicated to liberal demogoguery.
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Election should be a landslide Reply with quote

Hanna,

I couldn't agree with you more. In a well informed America, not brainwashed by a liberal media this election would be a landslide. Steve Allen wrote a book some years back called Dumbth. It was about the dumbing down of America as a result of various forms of media and our preoccupation especially with television. If Kerry wins this election, it would vaidate everything Steve Allen presented in his book. I have felt for some time that this election will be a litmus test of our collective dumbth. We are almost half way there, the election will tell us if we have arrived.
joesmoe25
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sundance has aired a "Vote for Change" concert (featuring Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, etc.) where anti-Bush rhetoric was spewed constantly.
    MTV has aired anti-Bush concerts and ads that tried to scare young voters into believing that continued war would result in a draft.
    CBS News has aired obviously forged documents from an obviously untrustworthy source and even ignored their own experts in their effort to bash Bush.
    NBC News gave 3 appearances to Kitty Kelly to hawk her unauthorized, and inaccurate account of the Bush family.
    The political director of ABC News sent a memo to staff telling them not to hold John Kerry to the same standard as Bush.
    ALL the mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC) has gone out of their way to discredit and then ignore the Swiftboat vets, while investigating and reporting anyone who has anything bad to say about Bush's guard service (including a long-time Democrat and Kerry campaign supporter).
    The mainstream media gushed over Farhenheit 9/11 and provided interviews of Michael Moore to push his anti-Bush propaganda, but have yet to acknowledge ALL the inaccuracies in 9/11.

Now Sinclair wants to air a documentary that shows Kerry in a bad light, and the Democrats go crazy! All I have to say is, it's about time SOMEONE is willing to air stories that show Kerry in a bad light. And Sinclair even offerred Kerry an opportunity to respond, something that the anti-Bush propagandists haven't done. We have been putting up with anti-Bush propaganda from the MSM for the past year, yet the Democrats can't handle a single anti-Kerry documentary.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit like a lot of the media wants a close election. I have heard Brit himself say the media wants a horserace . I think this explains Brit too.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume and Stolen Honor Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize Brit Hume on this. After all, he did bring up the subject (most other MSM reporters wouldn't), and asked Hyman whether he considered the Clanton (Kerry spokesman) remark to be a "threat". Since Hume hasn't seen "Stolen Honor" yet, he doesn't want to be seen as favoring something whose truth has yet to be established, a la Dan Rather.

Even Mort Kondracke, the "moderate" commentator on the panel, said that Sinclair had the free-speech right to air this documentary (especially after Michael Moore had "aired" his in movie theaters), but that in the interest of fairness, Kerry or his spokespeople should have a right to rebuttal. Charles Krauthammer, of course, said that Kerry's antiwar activities after Vietnam are relevant now because we are now at war.
Only one woman, who doesn't usually appear an Brit Hume's panel (in place of Mara Liasson or Ceci Conolly) seemed a little clueless about the issue.

The fact that the "Stolen Honor" documentary was brought up on Fox News might incite Fox News viewers with access to a Sinclair station to watch the documentary, and see for themselves.
scot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: media 101 Reply with quote

The only bad press is NO press!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't Farenheit 9/11 showing Nov 1 (eve of election) on payperview?? Sorry - but having to pay for it doesn't make a difference. Why isn't anyone outraged at the payperview company?? Shouldn't this be a factor in this? Should we email them?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I hear Sundance is going to air the Anti-Bush movie.....so....

People, this election is the most important election in this Century. I firmly believe that. We are standing at the crossroad. Will this Country go left or will it go right? If it goes left, I do not see how it will ever be brought back again. We all need to do whatever we can, that is legal of course (unlike some) to see to it that Pres. Bush is re-elected.

Here is something that happened here....my daughter registered to vote here when she was of age, then she went to college, registered there, then got married, moved, registered again, then moved to another state, registered.........and in spite of all that, we continue to get an absentee ballot for her here every single election. The first time I called the County and told them.....obviously to no avail.

Point......the people in this area move around a LOT. Think about the possabilities and opportunity this affords those who would want to cheat.

I called the local Republican Headquarters........bottom line, he didn't get it. Go figure;/
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, from Brit Hume's own mouth, he has known John Kerry since they were 5 years old. On the same program he made this declaration, he said that the accent Kerry used, when testifying to Congress, was one he had never heard out of him before or after that event. He also wondered where it came from.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with somebody as 'fair and balanced' as Brit Hume is:
They occasionally say something or ask something that gives you pause.

It's usually appropriate, at that point, to pause, and keep listening, and then reply sensibly when invited.

Invited replies (especially Krauthammer), from my viewpoint, were presented quite well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: