SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOR slams Stolen Honor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is going on with our country?

Why would anyone kiss Kerry's @$$?

I know I will not. I know the fine people here will not.

Unlike the former AF chief of shaft Gen Tony McPeak, my honor remains intact, and I'm just a lowly enlisted man.

At least I can sleep at night while I earn a paycheck defending the Constitution, not Kerry Prostitution.

And that's all I have to say about that.

reconflyer
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the above posters:

You think you're a little mad about what BOR said about Stolen Honor? You think?

Wait until you see the PBS special tonight: Frontline.....Election 2004

You want to see a real hatchet job in action............Well, watch that!

In ALL my years, I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER seen anything this one-sided in ALL my years!

We've only thought that the Liberal Media has been exposed, but this time, there is NO DOUBT, PERIOD!

I'm sorry folks......I just can't type anymore, but.........DO NOT MISS THAT SHOW & SEE FOR YOURSELVES!

PBS.............FRONTLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day (if possible, after viewing that)
Wind Walker
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emailed Bill O’Reilly, askbill@billoreilly.com:

Sinclair apparently will air, within the next several weeks, Stolen Honor, a documentary relating to Sen. John Kerry's anti-war activities. Sinclair has indicated that the program has not yet finalized the documentary and that they have requested that Kerry participate in the program to provide his side of the story.

However, I expect that Kerry will not accept, as he has not accepted to appear on your show to be interviewed, and as he has not agreed to sign Form 180 to release his military records as requested by the SBVT.

So Bill, may I respectfully suggest that you not trash the Stolen Honor documentary b/f you've even seen it.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all may not like BOR, but I'd guess he's not voting for Kerry. All warfare is based on deception.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind Walker wrote:
To all the above posters:

You think you're a little mad about what BOR said about Stolen Honor? You think?

Wait until you see the PBS special tonight: Frontline.....Election 2004

You want to see a real hatchet job in action............Well, watch that!

It was pretty bad. very uninformed. Man the way they crank out tv these days with little or no real journalism involved, i could do ten shows a week with good assistants.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I've been decieved by BOR because I thought he was a talking
ass tonight about Stolen Honor. Since when are actual films of someone
talking trash about our soldiers during a war and convorting with the
enemy considered to be nothing more the partisan politics? Aaaaarrgh!

Since when does the words of POW's, remember, those men who suffered
for years, discussing how John Kerry's actions made their intolerable situations
even more so?
BOR showed a total disregard to these men.

I think BOR does not think much of the military, because he has gone out
of his way to play down the questions of the Swiftvets, plus he down right
dissed the POW's tonight. All he could talk about was what was "fair"
like we were all on some junior high playground and Stolen Honor wasn't
"fair" to John Kerry.

We're long past fair, BOR, we're in the middle of a war against
terrorists, get off the playground and get real.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'reilly has really gone down hill, because he does not stand for anything except the easy things.....Abuse to children is bad....we all agree with that and he does point it out, but as far as politics and ideas, he waffles.

He waffles by pretending his opinions are facts, when in fact they are often ill-informed items fitting into what he thinks should be....Lets not debate the spin word. BOR simply has become spineless.

Today he admitted the bias of the media against Stolen Honor, but like all Media...laughed it off....AS IF IT SHOULD HAPPEN.

He is not fighting for what is right, he has given that up.

O'reilly is merely interesting because he has an audience now....not because of his content.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only conclusion that I can figure out is that Bor must have been a protester (just my guess). I stopped watching last spring when he started calling Iraq a mess. It just plain hurt because my best friend is over there. Bor can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Y'all may not like BOR, but I'd guess he's not voting for Kerry. All warfare is based on deception.

He may not vote for him but he is doing all he can to help Kerry. So Kerry doesn't get BOR's vote, but he gets many more because of BOR aiding Kerry's campaign.

Zell Miller
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
He's batting a thousand, ain't he?

Dismissing that of which he knows nothing and defending the indefensible.

I'm glad I don't watch him, any more - my blood pressure just doesn't need the extra "kick."

Hear, hear!! Dump O'Reilly (until he comes crawling back to reality.) He is an opportunist like Kerry...look at his idiotic Factor Gear...wouldn't be caught dead in that stuff under ANY circumstances but especially now that he's smirking at our heroes...What an idiot! Hopefully he'll come back in the fold but something makes me doubt it...he's too valuable at the moment as a sort of middle of the road pablum puker that both sides seem to hate...that makes FN appear down the middle (sort of)...it's all part of their wierd calculus but as you say Navy cubed - who needs the extra blood pressure?

Sleepless
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
Lets not debate the spin word. BOR simply has become spineless.

Good! Has anyone else coined, "The No Spine Zone?" That's what's happened exactly...
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped watching O'Reilly -- just set the auto channel for Hannity and channel surf to something else.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
The only conclusion that I can figure out is that Bor must have been a protester (just my guess). I stopped watching last spring when he started calling Iraq a mess. It just plain hurt because my best friend is over there. Bor can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

And he still keep yelling that Iraq is a total mess. I now believe that his ideology, as well as that of MSM journalists and reporters, have blinded them from reporting the truth. Only a fool to believe that Iraq is in peaceful state. But only a complete idiot to believe and keep saying that Iraq is a mess. Do these these people think that a transformation from a brutal dictatorian regime to a democratic government is just an overnight process--an easy job?

As if not enough the New York Times to report 350:1 bad news on Iraq (350 bad news vs. 1 good news).
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly revealed as a fraud Reply with quote

BOR's treatment of the Swift boat vets and POW's reveals that he has been a journalistic fraud all along. Taking a strong position against a book you have not even read and then against a documentary you have not even seen is a strong statement that you have no credibility and are a hypocrit by criticizing those who spin while you are a master of spin yourself. I stopped watching and listening to him a month ago when I realized that he was beginning to sound more like CNN than FOX. Maybe that's the audience he is looking for now. Wouldn't it be great if we could put up an Internet petition with a strong statement directed to FOX about BOR's lack of integrity in dealing with these issues and the viewership they are going to lose because of it?
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Email to O'Reilly Reply with quote

I just sent this email to O'Reilly for what it is worth:

Bill,

By disparaging the documentary Stolen Honor, I don't think you realize how much of your audience among veterans in particular you are going to lose. You seem to have forgotten what has made you successful. You have made a total joke of yourself by strongly criticizing a book, Unfit for Command, before you ever read it and now the documentary, Stolen Honor, before you have even seen it. You have lost me as a viewer and many others I know because you have become a no spin hypocrit. Spin is all you have done on this issue. You folks at Fox may want to start taking seriously what a lot of us out here are beginning to see. We don't want you to become a propaganda machine for the right as the mainstream media is for the left. We just want you to live up to your fair and balanced billing and report on what we all know the mainstream media will not touch which is anything that is critical of Kerry no matter how truthful it might be.The more you continue to look and sound like CNN, the less reason people will have to tune in. I have already tuned out because with me you have no credibilty and that's all you have to sell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: