SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FEEL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

274 or 74% can't tell. CTW
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of Jar heads and sympathysers in and out of DC this weekend so my vision may be skewed. Where ever I went I saw "unfir" well displayed but no Brinkley or Globe auto's. Bush pins, Ts and Sweats were picked clean and busily restocked while Kerry's sat. Saw it in DC, Atlanta, Cincinatti and Phoenix.
Maybe I'm in the echo chamber but there seems to be a swell against Kerry, the McAuliffs, Carvills, Begalas, Edwards, Teresas, and the whole litigious sophistry, and negativism of the Michaeel Moore, Eminem afront to dignity and sense.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm nervous. Always have been, always will be. Its my chenistry. But TS, you learn to deal with it. At worst , the fight will go on. And if we lose, I will not give up! I was in guerrilla reisistance from October 1970 to January 1981, and again from January 1993 till January 2001. If I have to I will do it again! Twisted Evil The winner ultimately is the guy who refuses to give up after he's been beaten. No quarter - no surrender. Twisted Evil
Hang tough my beloved true ones. The brave Russian dissidents never believed they could outlast the Soviet Union - but they tired or weakened and many of them succeeded in outlasting the evil empire.

Resistanace is not futile. I will not be assimilated. And Bleep 'em if they can't take a joke. Twisted Evil

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:

Just one reminder, the polls were so wrong in 2002 that if you root around some in the Dark Side, you will see a lot of info as to how they thought the Republicans cheated because the results were so different than the polls. They can't understand that the Polls were the ones wrong!

Pray!

That's the crux and the key to understanding the dem operation. Just like a magic trick, it's not the trick that counts but seeling the trick beforehand, ie the setup.

The dem setup is the false polls, or high expectations. Those high polls lead one to falsley beleive that there is going to be large voter turnout in their favor.

Then the machanics of the trick as In 2000 when they screamed that the Pubs stole it, was because from their viewpoint that was the only way the pubs could have overcome the dem tricks. Like "finding" two ballot boxes at the last minute in New Mexico with 900 vtes in it. Pushing Gore to a 300 vote win there.
Also overcoming the votes bought with cigarettes, booze, etc in other states.
There will be a lot of the young vociferous ABB crowd that figure out tomorrow that they really can't vote for kerry either. They will stay away.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering if the pollsters here in California took into account the fact that the Vietnamese and Asian vote might not break the same way in this election as previously!
MyAslan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just so nervous. The thought that Kerry could be our next President, just sickens me. I am praying!

Edit: Does anyone know if the pollsters consider the military vote?
http://www.protestwarrior.com/
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching both rallies; marketably Bush' rally's are always larger and filled with energy. Kerry's is more about complaining and not as enthusiastic. ANYBODY, can say "I can do better." But without a record, it's just empty rhetoric. I'm surprised to see just how many students support Bush and who are well informed. (thanks also to Ann Coulter's "raw" support for Bush) 2% lead for Bush in HAwaii is a big deal. I think we will gather around the President just as we did after 9/11 and he will take the election in a landslide. The liberals have crippled our intelligence and cut our military and Americans know it. I think there will be some stark surprises that the polls had no clue.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
Yes, I'm nervous. Always have been, always will be. Its my chenistry. But TS, you learn to deal with it. At worst , the fight will go on. And if we lose, I will not give up! I was in guerrilla reisistance from October 1970 to January 1981, and again from January 1993 till January 2001. If I have to I will do it again! Twisted Evil The winner ultimately is the guy who refuses to give up after he's been beaten. No quarter - no surrender. Twisted Evil
Hang tough my beloved true ones. The brave Russian dissidents never believed they could outlast the Soviet Union - but they tired or weakened and many of them succeeded in outlasting the evil empire.

Resistanace is not futile. I will not be assimilated. And Bleep 'em if they can't take a joke. Twisted Evil

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

-Calvin Coolidge

Salute!

Sam
DoctorDebug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one, here in the heart of Florida, am feeling cautiously optimistic.
Truthagent007
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one of the rallies today,

Theresa said: "Tomorrow, I hope you vote often."

Last edited by Truthagent007 on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, well nobody has figured in the number of votes from those millions of new "rock the vote" get outs..who have long rap sheets with felony convictions for drugs, violence, robbery, weapons violations, currently on probation etc that are gonna get tossed out either. Or, they aren't going to want to show up when they find out you have to bring "ID" because they have warrants out for their arrest. IN my building here in Brooklyn, that's umm...most of the kids in the building. Walking out the front of my building is nothing but color coordinated youngsters..flashing gang signs.
They were all excited about being reg'd to vote and going to vote for the first time...till they found out you have to show ID. Vote or die baby. Like Puff Daddy ain't got a wrap sheet as long as my leg.

Fortunately for PUff, he's got $$$ lawyers to keep him from getting convicted in all the shootings, etc. These young people he inspires..don't. Most of them are on probation, and have multiple felony convictions.

Anyway, there are "also" lots of religious minded, conservative college students too...who are going to "rock the vote" tomorrow. I would guess, Bush supporting conservative young people rep a lot bigger base than some of the pollsters are counting on. I heard Zogby started using a 9 to 1 Kerry figure for young voters in the last week. That's what happened to his poll numbers.

But, none the less, the race is very, very close. It's going to be a wild ride.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Set up my local polling station this eve'. The 'inspector' was wearing a Kerry pin so I slapped on my "Kerry Lied, Good men died" (thanks Kristin) and they all gasped. "You can't wear that!" Neither can you wear that, says I and that Kerry stickered car of your had best be out of sight too!

Don't let these bast**ds get you down. Get out there and vote!

You tell 'em Squidly! Laughing Don't mess with Team Swiftie!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Aristotle The Hun

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

-Calvin Coolidge

Salute!

Sam[/quote]

Oh man - my mom had that posted on the 'fridge when I was growing up. When she used to get really frustrated with our lollygagging around before the bus arrived, she used to recite that to us (in a very loud, irritated-to-angry tone)! Old Cal was a distant relative to her, so I think she took it personally Cool I'll have to look for it next time I'm back home....

But you know, both she and Calvin were right....
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my prediction:

A clear win in Fla, outside the margin of litigation.

Bush hold Fla and Ohio
Bush takes Iowa, Wisconson, NewMexico

Kerry holds Mich, Penn, Minnisota
Kerry takes NewHamshire

Bush wins with 291
Kerry loses with 241

Kerry will admit defeat by midnight.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we will see Kerry admit defeat....I just do not see that happening. I see Kerry as being one who will never, ever admit he was wrong. He never actually addressed any of the swiftvet truths - only called them liars. But I do think Bush will win and I think the pollsters and the news media's only reason for reporting this as a close race was to keep the American people interested.

8-10 military support Bush

9-10 terrorist support Kerry

Support our troops and Vote Bush.

Protect America...VOTE BUSH.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: