SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moore Commiting Treason Now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Moore Commiting Treason Now? Reply with quote

I don't know if the following actually constitutes treason or not, but in my mind, it does. At a time when we have troops in harm's way and ones as Kerry and the rest of his left winged Democrats are becrying that Bush has failed to garner adequate international support for the fight, not only does this character Moore release a highly inflammatory, deceitful and innacurate "movie" about the current administration, now he calls upon some of our allies to stop supporting the cause.

Given that he has stated in the past, that today's terrorists that are murdering our people are "revolutionaries" and "today's minutemen," stating also that he feels they are going to win the fight, it leads me to believe he actually wants to see America lose and will stop at almost nothing to make it happen.

Quote:
Moore Encourages Koreans and Japanese Not to Help US.

Wednesday, July 7, 2004 10:03 a.m. EDT

Korea's Digital Chosun reports that Michael Moore, director of "Fahrenheit 911,” delivered to Korean viewers a message in which he wished them to carry on a campaign against the dispatch of additional troops to Iraq.

Michael Moore issued words of hope and pleading in his first official press conference since the release of the film at the Essex House Hotel in New York with about 200 local and foreign reporters present.

According to Cinema People, the company in charge of the PR for the movie in Korea, Michael Moore was asked whether he wished to convey any messages through "Fahrenheit 911" to the Korean viewers, who are mired in controversy as a result of the nation's decision to send troops.

Moore answered, "I hope Korean viewers start a social campaign against the dispatch of additional troops to Iraq.” Asked what he thought of the Korean government's decision to send troops to Korea, however, he simply answered, "I don’t know.”

He also said that Japanese people should act against Japanese PM Koizumi’s support for Bush’s dispatch policy. "Fahrenheit 9.11” won a grand prize at the Cannes international film festival in France this May with the anti-war and anti-Bush movie digging into the business relationship between the Bush family and Osama Bin Laden family.

Moore's film will be released in Korea on July 22.

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/7/100544.shtml
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While wrong in doing so, MM's actions are within his right as a citizen. He is not advocating violence against anyone in South Korea, or that the South Korean Activitists attack those troops, or that anyone go to Iraq and attack troops or civilians. That would be considered 'treason'.

While I disagree with MM's films, and with him as a 'person', as a US citizen, he does have the right to say what he wants within the constraints of the first amendment!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's 1971 senate testimony was an act of treason just as the public comments he is making in 2004. By the way when was it that an American was last tried and convicted of treason?

Merriam-Websters definition of treason

Main Entry: trea·son
Pronunciation: 'trE-z&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English tresoun, from Old French traison, from Latin tradition-, traditio act of handing over, from tradere to hand over, betray -- more at TRAITOR
1 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY
2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately - I think Jane Fonda raised the bar on what constitutes Treason....those stories still get passed down from generation to generation in the Fleet.

I would like to see MM put his money where his mouth is, however. I think he and Sean Penn and what's that guy's name (Susan Sarandon's husband...oh yeah...Tim Robbins) ought to travel to Iraq to share their thoughts and concerns with the new Iraqi government. Maybe they could even visit with the "insurgents" as show of solidarity for their cause. Kind of like they did before the war when they paid Saddam a visit. Whether this would be considered treason, I don't know, but I'm sure those guys would love to meet such devoted supporters....I mean they're all working for the same cause...right?

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: How many more words are the libs going to re-difine? Reply with quote

Merriam-Webster definitions for the word propaganda and documentary.

I watched the movie Midway the other day and it was much closer to a documentary then the MM trash. How many more words are the libs going to re-difine?

Main Entry: pro•pa•gan•da
Pronunciation: "prä-p&-'gan-d&, "prO-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Congregatio de propaganda fide Congregation for propagating the faith, organization established by Pope Gregory XV died 1623
1 capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

Main Entry: 1doc•u•men•ta•ry
Pronunciation: "dä-ky&-'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
Function: adjective
1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: How many more words are the libs going to re-difine? Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
How many more words are the libs going to re-difine?

If they get their way, the following:

United
States
of
America

Nothing less.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, we do not have the absolute right under the 1st amendment to say anything that we want. It does not say that. What Moores film and his remarks are is slander, defamation of character, character assasination and treason, all of which can be prosecuted. Semper Fi.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I disagree, we do not have the absolute right under the 1st amendment to say anything that we want. It does not say that. What Moores film and his remarks are is slander, defamation of character, character assasination and treason, all of which can be prosecuted. Semper Fi.

if this is so, why has no one brought suit against him?
Marine4life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Bush has chosen to take the higher ground and not stoop to Moores level. However I know that it is being looked into for election year violations of the law. Simply put, I don't think you will ever see a sitting President sue a citizen for these acts. Treason is very well described, and aiding the enemy is treason, this film aids the enemy and will do nothing but endanger our soldiers and prolong this war. Bush will take him and Kerry apart with the facts not fiction such as Moore has presented. I also heard that Moore is being challenged on using footage of people without their consent for the purpose of making money, and also editing the original content as to shed a bad light on the person displayed. As they say it aint over till someone sings, and the chorus is just warming up on this one. I think Bush did the right thing, Moores fiction has dropped out of sight and hasn't accomplished anything that he had hoped it would. That mostly is because the democrats have backed away from it and him, sad day when something is so outragious that the democrats feel it is to far in left field to touch. Semper Fi.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I believe that Bush has chosen to take the higher ground and not stoop to Moores level. However I know that it is being looked into for election year violations of the law. Simply put, I don't think you will ever see a sitting President sue a citizen for these acts. Treason is very well described, and aiding the enemy is treason, this film aids the enemy and will do nothing but endanger our soldiers and prolong this war. Bush will take him and Kerry apart with the facts not fiction such as Moore has presented. I also heard that Moore is being challenged on using footage of people without their consent for the purpose of making money, and also editing the original content as to shed a bad light on the person displayed. As they say it aint over till someone sings, and the chorus is just warming up on this one. I think Bush did the right thing, Moores fiction has dropped out of sight and hasn't accomplished anything that he had hoped it would. That mostly is because the democrats have backed away from it and him, sad day when something is so outragious that the democrats feel it is to far in left field to touch. Semper Fi.

surely there are countless others who could do the heavy lifting for bush. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

yeah, the movie did drop out of sight. it was only #2 on the box office last weekend, down from #1. that is a drop. it only took in $22,027,125 over the long weekend.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dropped to #3 behind white chicks and spiderman. It was a one weekend wonder that is all. It is done, ran it's two day course. Bush's heavy hitters will focus on a more viable contender. Moore is just a pimple on society's butt. But it will be interesting on how it all play's out. Semper Fi.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
It dropped to #3 behind white chicks and spiderman. It was a one weekend wonder that is all. It is done, ran it's two day course. Bush's heavy hitters will focus on a more viable contender. Moore is just a pimple on society's butt. But it will be interesting on how it all play's out. Semper Fi.

it did? you might want to let these folks know. my souces says otherwise.

Also continuing to reset the record books was Michael Moore's critically-acclaimed documentary Fahrenheit 9/11, which took in another phenomenal $22 million over the Friday-Monday frame, as Lions Gate/IFC Films nearly doubled its release slate to a much wider 1,725 theaters. Though largely overshadowed this weekend by a massive spider web, the film, which is already the highest grossing documentary of all-time, brought its total to a massive $61.1 million, nearly trippling the $21.5 million total of Moore's Bowling For Columbine. With debate on both sides continuing to fuel moviegoer interest and more lawsuits attempting to censor the film, it looks as if Fahrenheit has a clear path towards $100 million domestically.

http://www.einsiders.com/gross.php

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2004&wknd=27&p=.htm

http://movies.yahoo.com/boxoffice/latest/rank.html

http://movieweb.com/movies/box_office/
Marine4life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my info from hollywood itself, while I was there this past weekend. The movie is not playing on Hollywood BLVD. Oh ya and from Fox. But I assume that Fox is not credible with the left because they report the truth from both sides. Spiderman and White chicks is #1 and #2. I guess you could assume and make claims if you are comparing it to Bowling for Col. and not counting in any other film makers work, with that logic then I guess you are right on it being #1 in the box office.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I got my info from hollywood itself, while I was there this past weekend. The movie is not playing on Hollywood BLVD. Oh ya and from Fox. But I assume that Fox is not credible with the left because they report the truth from both sides. Spiderman and White chicks is #1 and #2. I guess you could assume and make claims if you are comparing it to Bowling for Col. and not counting in any other film makers work, with that logic then I guess you are right on it being #1 in the box office.

as I have seen posted many times on this site, where is your proof?

I never said it was number one last weekend (july 4th weekend)

maybe you should look on the fox website and see what they have to say.

Last weekend's top film, Michael Moore's (search) "Fahrenheit 9/11," fell to second place with $21 million over the four-day weekend, raising its total to $60.1 million. The film, Moore's assault on President Bush's actions regarding the Sept. 11 attacks, could become the first documentary ever to top $100 million.

1. "Spider-Man 2," $115.8 million.

2. "Fahrenheit 9/11," $21 million.

3. "White Chicks," $12 million.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124737,00.html

I hope you had a great time in Hollywood. Very Happy
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the film isn't a documentary.

The film I saw on the lifecycle of jellyfish was a documentary. the film I saw on the final hours of Lincoln was a documentary. The film I saw on the life of hitler was a documentary. Get the point?

This was an op-ed piece in video, nothing more, nothing less.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: