SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks To The Alphabet Channels,Alqueda Claims To Have
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks To The Alphabet Channels,Alqueda Claims To Have Reply with quote

beheaded a Jewish American. Do any of you think if we boycott their sponsors it would shut them up?
They said they were taking revenge for the "prison abuse."Score one for OL' Dan Blather,and all the rest of the LIBS.!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks To The Alphabet Channels,Alqueda Claims To Have Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
beheaded a Jewish American. Do any of you think if we boycott their sponsors it would shut them up?
They said they were taking revenge for the "prison abuse."Score one for OL' Dan Blather,and all the rest of the LIBS.!

To which I may add: and which abuse, exactly, were they avenging on 9/11? In the 1993 WTC bombing? On the USS Cole? In Mogadishu? In Lebanon? For the Empire State Building Sniper Attack, February 23, 1997? For the tourist killings in Egypt, November 17, 1997? For the Grand Mosque Seizure, November 20, 1979? For Khobar Towers, 6/1996? For the 8/1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in East Africa with 224 killed including 12 Americans? For the plot to bomb millennium celebrations in Seattle? For the explosion at an ancient synogogue in Tunisia leaving 17 dead, including 11 German tourists? For the 5/2002 car bomb outside A hotel in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 14, including 11 French citizens?

And so on...
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it: the terrorists know how to manipulate our media, and they're doing a good job of it. As John Moore (and Lenin) would put it, they're Useful Idiots. They refuse to ask themselves one very simple question: who would Al Qaida rather see elected, Bush or Kerry?

Semper Fi!
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

I'm not agreeing with them. But when they keep on,and on, including the Libs in Washington,they use it as an excuse. It still won't shut the Ba-----s up!I think every one of them should be tried for treason.They would gladly lose the war on terrorism just to elect John Kerry! THE TRAITOR HIMSELF!
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

BTW, I need your help at "voices". Smile
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, those animals don't need an excuse for beheading innocent people. But the larger point is the administrations approval of torture. Look at the memo's that have come out. Not only were they looking for ways to allow it, they were tearing up the constitution to do it. The President does not have absolute supremacy over congress. And if you think he does, ask yourself if you want Kerry to have the same power should he be elected.

Or if you really want to take it to the extreme, If Hillary were to someday be president, she would have the same supremacy over congress.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tearing up the Constitution, wow now that is theory, I want to see facts. Where does it refer to terrorists in our Constitution? While attacking Bush I assume you meant the Geneva Convention. deleted by Moderator - stop attacks on each other! I suggest that you go to www.us.gov and read the US Constitution and somewhere in there it will become clear that it protects American citizen's not foreign terrorist's. Approval of torture yea right, at least use the proper terminology, interogation techniques. Inuendo after inuendo now that's the basis for debate.

FDL thanks for listing those cases, there are many more but most happened on Clinton's watch. Semper Fi.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted by Moderator - stop the attacks on each other!

Guess what. Because the Geneva conventions have been ratified by us, they are law. But that wasn't my point. Here is an article for you. I've highlighted some spots so even you can understand it. There is even a fellow Marine commenting in it. deleted by Moderator - stay on topic! And I am sure that if Kerry is elected you will still believe that Congress has no authority over what he does.

Quote:
The legal memo, written last year for the Defense Department and disclosed this week, did not speak for President Bush, but it claimed an extraordinary power for him. It said that as the commander in chief, he had a "constitutionally superior position" to Congress and an "inherent authority" to prosecute the war, even if it meant defying the will of Congress.

Congress adopted an anti-torture law in 1994 that barred Americans abroad acting under U.S. authority from inflicting "severe physical or mental pain."

But the 56-page memo on "Detainee Interrogation in the Global War on Terrorism" maintains that the president and his military commander cannot be restrained in this way.

deleted by Moderator - starting today, all quotes from outside sources must be under 200 words, and you must provide a link to the original source of the article, plus the name of the site you got the article from, name of writer, and date article was published!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator note: Either eliminate the personal invective or the thread will be locked. This applies to both parties currently engaged.

Thank you
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, the powers of the CIC in a time of war does not have anything to do with the Constitution as it pertains to us. The Constitution protects Americans and directs the Government of the appropriate procedures for running the country. The CIC has inherant powers in a time of war that gives him the ability to process the war. Other than that I want to see the part of the Constitution that he is tearing up.

Sorry ME#1you#2, I just can't let this inuendo go unchecked. I have avoided this poster for awhile but will refrain from letting it get personal. Semper Fi.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

If anyone happens to keep up with such things,the President has NEVER authorized "torture."

The Geneva Conventions apply to COUNTRIES. Terrorists are NOT a country,but they are IN every country. Still the President does not condone torture!...
We can get down to "what 'is'-IS" on this : taking away the T.V. can be torture to some.Giving veggies for a meal instead of ice cream,etc.

Saddam,his sons,and blind followers, practice REAL torture.(putting victims in the meat grinders feet first,so it would hurt longer-without the brain sending a message to the rest of the body,there is no pain.)SAWING a man's head off,is torture.BIG difference.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're torturing Iraqi's in Iraq. Again, no evidence that these people are terrorists. In fact, a preponderance of evidence to the contrary.

And, as always, the arguement becomes, we're not as bad as Saddam.

We just break our own laws when we think we can get away with it.

Although Joe Biden made an interesting point, "We follow the Geneva Conventions to protect our soldiers." But again, that doesn't matter to those of you who would argue that the law does not apply to those you choose to demonize.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:
We're torturing Iraqi's in Iraq. Again, no evidence that these people are terrorists. In fact, a preponderance of evidence to the contrary.

And, as always, the arguement becomes, we're not as bad as Saddam.

We just break our own laws when we think we can get away with it.

Although Joe Biden made an interesting point, "We follow the Geneva Conventions to protect our soldiers." But again, that doesn't matter to those of you who would argue that the law does not apply to those you choose to demonize.

Would you like to "prove" that "torture" is going on or are you just giving us a regurgitation of leftwing loony propaganda. We don't need the latter here. There's enough of it on the alphabet channels and in the NY Slimes and the Washrag. If you reference Abu Ghraib photos you're more of a fool than you sound like. SERE training was worse than the crap that happened there. Ask your son about SERE training if you're a Marine dad.

Last edited by ASPB on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:

Although Joe Biden made an interesting point, "We follow the Geneva Conventions to protect our soldiers."

For once ol' Joe got one thing right. Only problem is that it hasn't worked for over 60 years.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: "It is just like Vietnam again" Reply with quote

"It is just like Vietnam again" One of the favorite phrases of the useful idiots.

This phrase is correct about one thing...

The drum beat continues to pound, pound, pound without any new information being added to the story it is down write abusive and smells to hi heaven as being politically motivated.

I am not advocating that wrong doing by soldiers in the field should be squelched. It is the abnormal lifespan of these stories that reveals to us who the enemy is within.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: