SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it all falling apart?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Is it all falling apart? Reply with quote

Kerry showed himself to be a pathtic man when he tried to "shame" Bush by naming Chenney daughter as gay. He showed his true colors.
When they asked about Affirmative Action, Bush could have said something about Candy and Powell, but he didn't want in any way to disrespect them by implying they got "help" in getting the job. He showed his true colors right their.

With all that said, Kerry is gaining steam, I think he is now winning Ohio, without which we are finished. How many fear a hudge turnout by "new" voters (poor, 'disenfranchised', students) that will turn this election into a landslide for Kerry.

He is a coward of a man, but he has a lot of dirtry tricks up his sleeve and I think turnout will be hudge and maybe its already over?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it all falling apart? Reply with quote

peter wrote:
...I think he is now winning Ohio, without which we are finished.

Strategic Vision Poll has Bush up by 8 in Ohio as of Oct 11...electoral college map shows Bush in decent shape as of today...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kerry showed himself to be a pathtic man when he tried to "shame" Bush by naming Chenney daughter as gay. He showed his true colors. "

I couldn't help but think how gossipy and low that appeared by both he and Edwards when pointed out. They portray a gay relation as something to point out negatively.

The Gay community is not the dumb and dumber that is as easily led by the Dem mis-information machine. So I honestly believe that hurts them in the gay community. If not them surely their families could sympathize with Lynn and Dick Cheney, who have always come out stating they love their daughter making them stand high above the Dems on that point..

Trish
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check the RCP map it show 3 state up for grabs. Ohio, Iowa and New Mexico. If that map holds Kerry needs to take Ohio and one of the other 2 to win. If Bush takes Ohio he wins or if Bush loses Ohio and takes the other 2 states he wins. The present momentum your worried about is non-existant. The polls have barely budged for a week. The liberal press is trying to push the lie that Kerry won last nights debate but that won't stand as the days go by. I think momentum has shifted back to Bush and were going to start to see the polls move in his direction in the next few days.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard hanoi john is down by 5 in Ohio, I think it will get stronger as time passes! Very Happy
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a grip. We're going to win. Very Happy
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that Southwest Ohio is a stronghold of Conservative voters, but don't blame me for the Northern part and the union shops up there.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught Edwards reference to Mary Cheney being lesbian
during his debate. I thought at the time that it was very
offensive and inappropriate. It was the WAY he said it that
I found the most offensive. He was so familiar, as though
he and Dick and Mary had just been chatting and he was
just bringing the subject up again. Like they're all big buddies.

Then Kerry said the same thing last night, and at such
an inopportune moment, as if to force it into the topic. Well, it
was just despicable! I'm sure that their purpose for bringing that
up was to "inform" Christian fundamentalists that their candidate
consorts with a man who's daughter is gay.

Well, that topic was well addressed long ago, and all their
hateful words did was to serve as another reason for intellegent
people to reject Kerry/Edwards. What a shameful duo!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the polls with a large grain of salt. I think the "internals" have to be closely examined. How many Dems and how many Reps were in the polling sample? Is that different from the last poll, or the poll two weeks ago? I suspect a lot of games are being played that way. This thing isn't over by a long shot. I think JK lost votes last night. I think he alienated some women by being "insensitive" to his wife. I look at the blocks of voters that in the majority will vote against JK. How about the NRA and gun owners in general? The NRA is starting a huge anti-K campaign. How about the military and vets? How about Catholics, who feel K is misrepresenting their religion? How about people who think, instead of blindly following the dictates of Terry McAwfull and his minions? It doesn't look to me like there is any substance of note in JK's "plans", most of which appear to be secret. Re voter fraud, it appears that the various and several jurisdictions are already on it and addressing the problem. I am becoming more optimistic as the days go by that JK will lose by a good margin in the electoral college. A lot of what I see and hear from the K campaign appears to be more in the line of desperation than confidence. Their own worst advertisement is K himself. That's my take, for what it's worth. I think there's lots of room for optimism. Besides, I don't think we've seen the end of October Surprise yet - - I may be wrong, but I think there's more coming. Stay tuned!Very Happy
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister in law is gay..and she thinks it was a cheap shot...This is just another example of Kerry stepping on anyone to get what he wants....
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter get a grip. It's going to be a GWB LANDSLIDE!!!!!

Don't worry about what the MSM says. They are going to try to slant it towards Kerry any way they can. W nailed the coffin shut on Kerry last night, Kerry just hasn't had the good grace to lay down.

YEE HAAAA - 4 more years. !!!
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add one other thing about the intentional pointing out the fact that Lynn and Dick Cheney's daughter is Gay, their J/J's means of pointing it out is incase someone missed it.

As a mother of 4 I owe my devotion to them first and foremost, with that said. I realize the Cheney's have no problem with it being known and thier daughter is out there letting it be known.

But I again stress as a mother. It would be my child's personal decision to share such personal information with family and friends and I know for a fact they don't, because of known prejudices. It wouldn't be my place to inform anyone nor is it THEIR'S, IE J/J's place to inform anyone.

This was a bigger blunder and issue than Kerry and dimwit Edwards realize. They are the reason most Gay's remain silent, if they confide in someone that someone feels the need to tell all.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Cheney can say and do as she feels regarding her privacy. But for anyone else to talk about such private matters as sexual orientation is disgusting and tawdry. Low class.
I am sure he lost votes in the gay community and certainly from mothers and fathers across this country. Kerry is so out of touch that he doesn't understand the unwritten agreement of leaving families out of political smears. He is a bad person. Everything is game for his personal gains!!!

Why are we so shocked after what he did to the POWs/MIAs over the past 30 years??? Let him continue to show himself. And Edwards helps with that too.

When do opponents ever talk about the other's children and their sexuality? Straight or gay...off limits. Kerry has no respect for others and is unfit to be the town dog catcher as he is just mean! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's going to be a GWB LANDSLIDE!!!!!

I have hesitated until now..but I think, from what my inside sources tell me who do the polling..the internals are FANTASTIC for Bush..and no more will Kerry get the MSM spotlight, no more debates..so what does this mean..Bush needs to Take that Bully pulpit and RUN..and he will.

John Howard's Landslide election is the precursor to our own. The MSM in Austraila lamented on the war in Iraq, people were shouting Liar, Liar to Howard, their economy was pounded..YET, in a landslide, the Aussie voted for Howard. To this day, the MSM in Austraila can not figure it out..

WE are not any different then they..I will take the shot now, and predict..and now believe that W will win in a landslide..

NOW GET OUT THE VOTE!!!!

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must read post at VodkaPundit today, about trust in the election....

Read and spread -

http://vodkapundit.com/

It's How You Play the Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: