SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dick Morris comments on BOR
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Dick Morris comments on BOR Reply with quote

I apologize in advance for not having seen the entire interview, but I caught Dick Morris (who always seems to be pro-Bush) telling BOR that he thinks if there is NOT a terrorist attack between now and the election, he believes Kerry will win. On the other hand, if the terrorists do strike, he thinks the electorate will re-elect Bush. It shocked me to hear Morris concede to a Kerry win, but then I got to thinking about it. I wonder if DM is just putting propaganda out there to anyone with ears to discourage any terrorist plans in the making? Could that be why he made those outrageous comments? Comments please?

diane in IL
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dick Morris comments on BOR Reply with quote

diane in IL wrote:
I apologize in advance for not having seen the entire interview, but I caught Dick Morris (who always seems to be pro-Bush) telling BOR that he thinks if there is NOT a terrorist attack between now and the election, he believes Kerry will win. On the other hand, if the terrorists do strike, he thinks the electorate will re-elect Bush. It shocked me to hear Morris concede to a Kerry win, but then I got to thinking about it. I wonder if DM is just putting propaganda out there to anyone with ears to discourage any terrorist plans in the making? Could that be why he made those outrageous comments? Comments please?

diane in IL

I too was disturbed by DM....but I think that Bush will win handily though not a landslide....
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diane, my take was a little different - of course, I could be recollecting wrong too. I don't think Dick specifically said 'attack'. I think he said if the threat went up. He also mentioned that Bill Clintoon was in the same position W is right now, during his 1992 and 1996 election (tied), but then stuff happened in the last week of the campaign and Clinton won.

I think Dick was trying to point out, "if the focus is left on the domestic issues", Kerry may win.

Don't worry, - - we still have the "Carl Rove Machine" - and it hasn't started cranking yet! Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also advise taking Dick Morris with a grain of salt. He certainly knows more about the ins and outs of this political process than I do, but I have to remind myself of a few facts: 1) he is currently unemployed by any campaign so something's not right if he's such a miracle worker, 2) he is a bit of a muckracker for his business (i.e., he likes political suspense and controversy and is probably not above creating some).
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see Kerry winning legit, maybe he might win by cheating but there is no way he is going to win by more votes or electorates legally.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I have followed Morris extensively since he says he left the dark side. We were just discussing tonight how his track record is absolutely horid. He is wrong, wrong, and more wrong most of the time. Just because he writes books on his former boss and wife doesn't mean he understands GW. He has never had the privilege of working for a man with integrity. I am glad he is trying to undo the Clinton myth but that in itself does not make him an expert on our behalf. Keep the doom and gloom along with the day job. I am tired of so called supporters dumping on GW two plus weeks before the election. A divided house does not stand. I guess thats my soap box.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard him on Laura Ingraham's radio program this morning and he was saying then something to the effect that if people feel "safe" and unthreatened on 2 November, most will more than likely be focusing more on domestic issues rather than on terrorism and are more likely to vote for sKerry--If something happens to put the focus more on security issues, then W's re-election is much more likely--

Personally, I kinda feel like anyone who isn't feeling threatened by terrorism on 2 November whether there's some intervening event or not needs to have his/her head examined, but that's just me--C
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard Dick Morris on the Laura Ingraham show..tape delay from today for course. Anyway, he said that he thinks that if Bush is Bush from August.."convention Bush"..he needs to be preceived as a strong leader in dangerous times. Face it friends..Bush is at his best, when things are bad..he is..now, he also said that last night, the faith issue is being underplayed..the sleeping giant that the media always underestimates..I will say what I said before..(oh, and yes, he said that he is PRO bush..and is worried about he election)..anyway, I do believe, regardless of the poo poo's I get..Bush will win in a landslide..I do, the faithful are pumped up..and they will vote, heck, the Amish are going to vote!!

POSITIVE THINKING AND ACTION NEEDED NOW..no negative..none, I will not have it. I am realistic..however, I also know that Republicans are going to vote no matter what, rain sleet snow..whatever..even if they need a dogsled..(my dog volunteers by the way. Wink )..Dems tend NOT to vote if it means a "hardship"..

We will be fine..the trends are good, and Dick Morris always over emphasizes the bad news, in a way, it does us good, gets our gander up..I think he does not intentionally..and it seems it worked!! Wink

Give Dick a break..after all, he had to put up with Clinton.. Rolling Eyes

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disturbed by Dick Morris' comments too, given his previously strong "commentary" on President Bush's re-election. However, I did remind myself that Clinton was elected with a minority of the popular vote the first time and unfortunately Dole's personality wasn't unleased until after Clinton's re-election.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed by the general media assumption that Kerry is stronger on domestic issues. Maybe, I'm showing my age a bit, but Kerry's proposals do not seem much different from the standard democratic party line of the last 40 years. Which may be why Kerry is losing a bit of the traditional support from minority groups who've heard this all before. President Bush's proposals seem "New"...not re-hashing of standard Republican cut taxes and limit government entitlements, etc. Unlike Kerry, Bush has also fleshed out exactly how his plans will be implemented... Kerry just keeps talking about a plan but hasn't provided one.

During the President's acceptance speech at the Republican Convention, I was more enthused by the "vision" he laid out for the next generation (re: ownership society) than his plan for the war on terror (which I've been fully confident of since he stood with that fireman on the rubble of the twin towers). Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been following the internal poll data fairly closely and it seems to me that the President's ratings on domestic issues have been increasing while Kerry's have stayed somewhat flat. (Excluding some of the stranger polls that overload with Democratic LV, etc...)

On the whole though, I'd much rather have missed hearing Dick Morris' comments tonight...I'd like to sleep easy but apparently that will have to wait until Nov 3rd.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for a little more encouragement, yes and amen to the sleeping giant.

Here is an article on another sleeping giant http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/14/205612.shtml

Saw Dobson also, the sleeping giant is waking up to the words Supreme Court. The stakes are high and the faithful know it.

Think about the mention of the Cheney daughter in light of this. A ploy against article one I mentioned, also a ploy to discourage the Reagan democrats and make some stay home. One does not have to use these tricks if they aren't afraid. All the polls in the 2002 races underestimated by large point margins the turn out of the Republican base. SO LANDSLIDE AWAY, YES REALISTIC AND NO DOWN IN THE MOUTH
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to him again on BOR re-run - His exact words were, "If we feel threatened vs. 'fat,dumb&happy'"

"Osama bin Laden will determine who wins this race".
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I cannot believe he said he thought skerry would win. What is wrong with these people????? OMG Exclamation
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry what the polls say. If the media has any say over their polls, you can bet they won't look good for GWB on Nov 1st. Don't buy it, and be sure to bring a friend to the polls with you. Its all about getting out the vote.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close polls are good for the media and don't forget Australia. The media there was like it is here saying the same thing and LANDSLIDE of which our MSM didn't bother to cover it. So called close polls will bring us out of the woodwork. See ya tomorrow
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed Dick Morris' recent comments until today as they have been pro-Bush and predicting a Bush win. However, while listening to those comments in the back of my mind was always the fact that Morris got the SBVT completely wrong.I remember seeing him interviewed on O'Reilly early on when he predicted the SBVT controversy would be disasterous for Bush. That had to be the worst call of the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: