SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU'VE BEEN HAD, TED!

WAY TO GO, JOHN O'NEILL!!!

This was sooooooo great tonight!
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hack job by Ted --- Surprise Surprise

In the end, I think under EXTREME biased circumstances, John did a wonderful wonderful job.

Ted is part of the game. At least he gave John a small chance.

How did the "peasants" (Ted showing his colors) remember the EXACT day etc ... I mean come on --- Why did the Government LET THEM IN.

Ted is a hack...
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg JOHN ONEIL IS MORE MAN then ted kopel or abc could ever hope to be wow wow wow ... I am apauld at the rudeness of kopel

what the hell is going on with these media people who do they think they are now we are to believe in the vietnames and their village tails over amereicans my god .. where is the light where is the justice
is this the liberal future of our blessed country what a sad sad sad night
both my parents are gone and both were vets my heart goes out to all that fought for freedom for it to come to this shame on abc
i shall make another donation to the swift boats
god bless every vet in this country and theirs
and god bless john oneil and his
i am sorry to sound so emotionial but i am really upset at the way kopel treated and laughed i might add mr Oneil . you are outstanding xoxoxo
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Nightline report proved nothing. You simply have to accept the word of some people who may or may not be talking about the same moment in time ....over our own soldiers and the official navy records....and as O'Neill continually pointed out....what Kerry himself has written......One guy....not a numerically superior force.....Koppel changed from 12 VC to 20 in the same sentence.

This was a hit piece and a poorly made one at that.
GST
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil did all right. Although he didn't just come out and say it (Koppel didn't give him the chance), O'Neil implied that by calling him (O'Neil) a liar, Koppel was calling Kerry a liar also, since O'Neil had based what he had written on the information Kerry had put out.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were just trying to muddy the waters so that it points out the fact that memories from that long ago are useless. I am truly disgusted in the MSM. I am sorry I ever believed anything I have heard on the news because now it is clear that most of it was probably contrived.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was this Kyle Lewis who took the ABC crew to the exact area were the fighting took place. Who was the Swiftboat person who went to this village and was asking questions 6months ago. How did he manage to get there. Between this programme and the one on PBS I am beginning to wonder if there is any fairness out in TV land. Do you think that PBS will review Stolen Honor.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using witness's who had to testify in the presense of a government minder is ridiculous. And then to accept that testimony over the Kerry's own version of events is bizarre!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13,000 rounds of machine gun ammo *IS* a pretty serious firefight if you are on the receiving end of it.

The amount of ammo expended by the enemy is MINISCULE in comparison. One or maybe even two (although there is no documentation for two) B-40 rounds and some SKS and AK-47 rounds from 20 troops fleeing an assault by 100+ RFPF and Swift boat weapons support simply does not compute to a "numerically superior force".

While Kerry engaged the enemy, that was expected and NORMAL for a combat soldier or sailor. It happened in Vietnam EVERY day.

That what Kerry did is worthy of a SILVER STAR, based on his OWN report, with NO peer cooberation, is questionable at best, and deceitful and dishonest at the worst.

Kerry's mom knew that. On her death bed, she told Kerry "Integrity. Integrity. Integrity."

Pity he didn't pay her no mind.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
jim692
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know where Mary Mapes has been working these past few weeks.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Stay tuned Reply with quote

To those who missed this....hang on...

BUD (big ulgy dish) moving to CO affiliate and
will record, rip to mp3 and post.

Wink

Mission Accomplished!!
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
This Nightline report proved nothing. You simply have to accept the word of some people who may or may not be talking about the same moment in time ....over our own soldiers and the official navy records....and as O'Neill continually pointed out....what Kerry himself has written......One guy....not a numerically superior force.....Koppel changed from 12 VC to 20 in the same sentence.

This was a hit piece and a poorly made one at that.

Absolutely! There was nothing in Koppel's report that is credible. My husband and I were watching and we kept saying, 'HOW can they remember what happened on that exact day? Did the villagers, like kerry, keep diaries? Did they write after action reports?

O'Neill really gave it to Ted Koppel, telling him his report was "pathetic"! Asking him why they went way over there to talk to a bunch of people in a closed society where John Kerry is a hero whose picture hangs in their War Museum when he hasn't even bothered to interview any of the Swift Vets, not even Kerry's own men and won't take the word of Kerry himself.

Koppel said, 'I've been very patient with you.' In fact, that was his way of covering for his own open-mouthed speechlessness in the face of O'Neill's relentless TRUTH TELLING.

I said it before but it is so great to hear John O'Neill tell Ted Koppel, 'You've been had, Ted.' (put Koppel in the Dan RaTHer hall of shame.

We are so proud of you, John O'Neill!

You guys will love listening to this!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill did great. He didn't play along for a second and give the VC peasants' yarn a shred of credibility. He made it abundantly clear that everything they said about a big fire fight directly contradicted Kerry's own account in his book and in his biography. Koppel finished up with a self-congratulatory speech about how questions had been raised about Kerry's honesty and character, and they were just trying to bring out the facts. Fact is, O'Neill left anyone who believed the VC story wondering why Kerry told a different story.
Fact is---"You've been had, Ted".

Last edited by shadowy on Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Ted thinks the government minder was there for?
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppel doesn't seem to understand what it means to live in a closed society. That's frightening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: