SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anyone watching nightline on East Coast?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Is anyone watching nightline on East Coast? Reply with quote

If you are watching nightline on the East Coast can you blog it? I won't see it until tomorrow after I tape it. It comes on too late for me, but I'll be up awhile longer.
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightline will be on if 10 mins. I can only give you a commentary on what is said. I am sure it will be one sided. but I will watch it.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....highlights will do. Smile
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on right now Ted Koppel is being rude...Nightline ABC is showing it's attack on all Veterans and POW's...OMG!
I am about ready to scream...John is holding his own against the bias...

OOH-YAH!
kintzele
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: 20 Cong and they all missed Reply with quote

What a waste of ABC money...They were denied a visa in July and all of a sudden the country that has pictures of JFK as a hero gives them a visa and a scout and they find the people that were there 2-28-69. AMAZING The best line of the interview...there were 20 VC firing at the boats.....and THEY ALL MISSED HITTING THE BOATS.

John O'Neill was absolutely correct when he told Ted "he had been Had"

Jim K
Fort Myers
Viet Vet '69
razar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Best statement by O'Neil on nightline."Ted you've been had".
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightline sent someone to vietnam to the village where the silver star incident occured. They interviewed several people who were living at the time the incident occured and were present. The surviving villagers say that the village was a major supply station for the communists. Bigger than the americans thought. The Americans did not destroy all of the supplies. They were well hidden. Three hooches were burned and supplies destroyed by south vietnamese soldiers who accompanied the swift boats. The villagers said size of the communist force was 12. Please someone verify how many men were on the swiftboats. Kerry's citation says there was a numerically superior force. If there were more than 12 on the boats then the citation is bogus.

The man who shot the rocket propelled grenade at Kerry's boat was sent to the village recently by either the communist govt. or the viet cong. I did not catch which.

The villagers say he was wearing Black pajamas not a loin cloth.

They say his body was in the open not behind a hooch.

I may be unclear on this point. They said he shot the rocket propelled grenade and was shot immediately thereafter. So, he was wounded.

Kerry's citation says there was a numerically superior force. Kerry's book and the other american witnesses say one man in a loincloth.

Oneill repeatedly pointed the discrepancies in the report and the book. Koppel was stuck on what the villagers said.

Oneill repeatedly pointed out that he would believe what was in Kerry's book and the american eyewitness testimony. He was surprised that koppel would put so much stock in the words of villagers who may or many not have been there at the time 30+ years ago (verification by ?) and none in the book by the boston globe and Kerry's own book.

Koppel seemed to take the line that the citation was right - numerically superior force - as verified by the villagers. Kerry's book and the book by the boston globe were just inconvenient little inconsistencies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Kerry lied? and what about Brinkley? Are you saying Koppel discredited them all and believes the Vietnamese????? Did the Vietnamese write the report?
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for the posts!!! Laughing I can't wait to watch O'Neill whom I admire for his strength, courage, and perseverance.
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Nightline is going to give Dan Rather a little competition for stupid, and either naive or bogus reporting! How can any of this be verified in a reasonable manner? For crying out loud, we've seen everything now!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read there were at least 20 men per boat.... that'd be 60.... I think that is what I read - somewhere here on the forum (many wks ago)...

you mean 12 of them is superior to 60 of ours? (tho I think some of those were local Vietnamese people) ... but even if we had only 6 military per boat = 18 = more than their 12 !!! not a superior force (then again maybe with Kerry on a boat, they had to deduct 'man power' to make up for all his screw ups !) Rolling Eyes
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate topic.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13011

Consider copy/pasting your comments to the ongoing thread.

Please check the forum for similar topics before starting a duplicate.

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: