SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/2004-02/24/Comment.htm

Quote:

US Senate told Viet Nam is on its way to market economy

Andre Sauvageot is an advisor to the US-Viet Nam Trade Council and a staffer at Fontheim International. The former General Electric executive says Viet Nam is heading in the right direction toward a market economy.

A former General Electric executive has written to the US Senate affirming that Viet Nam is continuing its steady development of a market economy.

I don't know what this guy has to do with this story but he was the guy that was with Kerry in Paris, has financial ties to Hanoi and seems to have profitted from normalized trade. Lots of one hand washing the other here, I'm thinking the guy that was on Nightline might be someone that works for Andre. Lots of connecting the dots on my part I realize but it makes sense no?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did everyone notice the "official military record" sprwaled all over the after action report that Koppel showed?
That is the kerry website overlay camoflage they use on what ever they post. So, Koppel's "source" was kerry's website..

what a dip....
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Kerry has surrogates in Vietnam. He's the best thing that ever happened to their government.

How rediculous is it that some swift boat vet would go out there looking for a VC to admit Kerry didn't deserve the medal. That is just the epitome of nonsense.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, your wish, my command:

(ABC is the ABC article here. paragraph three: http://www.abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Vote2004/story?id=166434&page=3

MTSR is the Market Time SPOT Report dated 281225Z FEB 69, available here: http://www.swiftboatarchives.com/ (go to Documents tab, then FEB 69 Market Time SPOT Reports, you want the last three on that page)

ABC: "According to the after-action report, after beaching the Swift boat, Kerry "chased VC inland, behind hooch, and shot him while he fled, capturing one B-40 rocket launcher, with round in chamber.""

MTSR: "PCF BEACHED IN CENTER OF AMBUSH FRONT OF SMALL PATH WHEN VC SPRUNG UP FROM BUNKER 10 FEET FROM UNIT. MAN RAN WITH WEAPON TOWARD HOOCH. FORWARD M-60 GUNNER WOUNDED MAN IN LEG. OINC JUMPED ASHORE AND GAVE PURSUIT WHILE OTHER UNITS SATURATED AREA WITH FIRE AND SEARCHED PLACING ASSAULT PARTIES ASHORE. OINC OF PCF 94 CHASED VC INLAND BEHIND HOOCH AND SHOT HIM WHILE HE FLED CAPTURING ONE B-40 ROCKET LAUNCHER WITH ROUND IN CHAMBER."
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Knot4jfnk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a hit piece if I ever saw one. John O’Neil was great. Being on central time, I just saw it and have not read all the comments, so I apologize if this has been covered, but I’m so mad I had to write this before I read any posts. The one thing that John missed was to mention that Koppel said they were at first denied permission to go there, but for some reason the Viet Nam government changed their minds and allowed them in. (Wonder why?) But since they had so much trouble getting permission, and had to have a “handler”, how did the mysterious Swift Boat Vet that was trying to disprove JF’nK’s story manage to get in without any questions. Maybe it was because that never happened, and that the government DID have an agenda to help their own war hero? Wow, just another cheap shot by ABC as JF’nK’s campaign staff. Grrrrr!! But again, what great valor John O’Neil showed again in the face of the enemy.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did everyone notice the "official military record" sprwaled all over the after action report that Koppel showed?
That is the kerry website overlay camoflage they use on what ever they post. So, Koppel's "source" was kerry's website..

what a dip....

I concur. If you want a CLEAN copy of the MTSR, go to the site I referenced above.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks for your making me vote for Kerry.
Charles Reinhardt

Go soak your head Charlie boy no one here cares if you throw your vote away. Frankly you sound too stupid to vote. Why I just bet the ballots you're using have chads? Laughing

Last edited by nathan roland on Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightline is supposed to be on here now..... but it isn't!!!

what happened ?????? the tv guide (on tv) says 10:30 - it's not on!!!!

oh, looks like it'll be on in about 5 minutes ! can't believe they have it scheduled for like 10:35 or 10:40 !

ok, it's starting out here in AZ !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen John O'Neill so upset, which may be a good thing because he still showed his disdain for Ted with real class.

I am totally ignorant on these things, but who can find these "insiders" working for Vietnam/Kerry?

Every post I've seen here tonight is excellent, especially the point about why our boats didn't have real damage considering there was supposed to be so much fire from the enemy.

Another good point is: how can these people remember in such detail this one incident when they were constantly in the midst of battle??

I guess I'd be afraid to speak the truth if I were being watched over my shoulder.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to tune in to Nite-Lie next week. Ted will
be interviewing the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot -- both witnesses
to the Alamo.

Rolling Eyes

Mission Accomplished!!
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Bobby Muller Chat.....(partial) - Reply with quote

Bobby Muller recently came out angrily against the POW's film, Stolen Honor. I found this chat online and copied part of it. It is interesting what he says at the end about McCain, and also interesting that he has a lot of cloat in Vietnam relative to who goes there.
----------------

Bobby Muller

On April 28th, Robert O. (Bobby) Muller, President of the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation, joined us live online to talk about the Vietnam War and its legacy, and his own experiences as a wounded veteran.

Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation Web Site
Bobby Muller Biography

Chat Moderator: Hi everyone, welcome to the chat with Bobby Muller, president of the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation.

Bobby Muller: Hi everybody, this is Bobby Muller. I look forward to answering any questions you have. I am a former Marine infantry officer, served in Vietnam in '68 and '69. I am a paraplegic, as a result of gunshot wounds.

Chat Moderator: Bobby is here with us now, so get ready to chat!

Audience Question: What's the mission of the Vietnam Veterans of American Foundation?

Bobby Muller: Our mission is to address civilian casualties of conflict through rehabilitation and assistance programs. We also work on the campaign on land mines and to address the changing conduct of war, which has become a slaughter of innocent civilians around the world.

Audience Question: Mr. Muller, what is your goal as president of the V V A F ? What role does this association play in keeping history alive in the educational system, if any?

Bobby Muller: I led the first group of Vietnam veterans back to Vietnam in 1980. We now run programs in Vietnam and we are the only veterans' organization running such programs there.

Audience Question: Bobby, would you go to Vietnam if you knew then what you know today?

Bobby Muller: I would not have gone to fight the war if I knew what I know now, back then.

Audience Question: as a 'Nam vet, what are we supposed to be doing?

Bobby Muller: It may be hard to understand the difference between how you think and how you feel. I really felt animosity towards the Vietnamese even though I felt the war was wrong. It wasn't until I went back to Vietnam after the war, that I came to look upon the Vietnamese people differently. Clearly, most veterans have not had the opportunity to redefine their relationship to the Vietnamese people as I have. Virtually every single veteran I know that has gone back to Vietnam has benefited significantly from that experience and has let go of the emotional baggage so many veterans have carried from the war.

Audience Question: Mr. Muller, speaking of the land mines throughout the world, was your association linked in any way to the foundation that recently won the Peace Prize and that Princess Diana was associated with?

Bobby Muller: Our organization was the cofounder of the Nobel-winning campaign to ban land mines. We also coordinated the work of the campaign through the realization of an international treaty in 1997 and the campaign's receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize. It is an honor we are very proud of. The land mine still defines the principle work of our organization today.

Audience Question: Bobby, how were you wounded in 'Nam?

Bobby Muller: I was wounded 31 years ago tomorrow by a bullet that went through my chest, punctured both lungs, and severed the spinal cord on its way out. I had the good fortune of having medical evacuation helicopters available that brought me to the hospital ship "Repose" literally within minutes of being wounded. Nonetheless, they wrote in my medical records that if I had arrived one minute later I would have died. A lasting result of the injury is paralysis from the chest down. But believe me when I tell you: I have no sorrow over the injury. But rather great joy in still being alive.

Audience Question: What is taking so long to normalize relations with Vietnam? For example, wouldn't it be easier to find our MIAs using our own ambassador and not a third country's ambassador?

Bobby Muller: The process of normalization with Vietnam was dealt a tremendous setback by President Reagan in focusing on our war dead and casting in political terms the issue of accounting for the missing. After the president profiled the issue, Hollywood and other interests capitalized on public sensitivity and in my opinion, exploited our war dead for commercial and political reasons. That has been the major stumbling block to realizing reconciliation from the war.

Audience Question: Mr. Muller, have you been following Mr. McCain's revisitation to Vietnam? Any comments ?

Bobby Muller: Senator John McCain has done more to bring about the normalizing of US-Vietnam relations than any other person in America. What makes that ironic for me is that in the mid-'80s, he was the only person that I recommended to the Vietnamese not be given a visa to visit their country. The reason I suggested he not be granted the visa was because he was so angry towards the Vietnamese because of his wartime experience. I didn't trust that I was I called "the magic" of visiting Vietnam would be enough to overcome the strength of his anger. It was.

After he returned to Vietnam, he went through a change of heart and led the effort to normalize diplomatic relations. That doesn't mean that he has forgiven those personally responsible for the murder of his comrades and for the brutal treatment that he himself received. But he has looked favorably on the Vietnamese in the larger picture by urging us all to put the war behind us.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo of the US veterans in Hanoi rallying for Kerry at http://kerryblog.blogspot.com/2004/08/us-vets-make-case-for-kerry-in-vietnam.html

I may be wrong but the guy in the photo on the left looks like the interpreter on Nightline.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was like...here's some folks speaking Vietnamese...(I guess)....We're in Vietnam....(If you say so).....and then Koppel claiming to have proven Kerry to be telling the truth....it was crap through and through......everthing had to be taken on faith.....Please! They probably shot that down in Florida.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to read that entire chat, located here
http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/vietnam/muller_chat.html

Bobby Muller was in the VVAW with Kerry and very instrumental in the anti-war movement. How he treats those issues in this chat is pretty amazing. He is definitely a far-left figure.

BTW, if you search for Muller on the web, also use the alternate spelling of Mueller. He is the figure in the wheelchair (paraplegic) in the antiwar movement.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam

Last edited by Misty on Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone was there months back saying he was a swiftboat vet and he had a camera, we know who he was!!!!! Who always had a camera in Vietnam????? KERRY ! Shocked Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 8 of 33

Jump to: