SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good read on How the (D)'s are hurting USA's election proces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Good read on How the (D)'s are hurting USA's election proces Reply with quote

Quote:
FIRST INSTAPUNDIT, NOW VODKAPUNDIT

You look at guys like Glenn Reynolds on Instapundit or Stephen Green, aka VodkaPundit, and they're laid-back libertarian-ish guys who want to see terrorists blown into tiny chunks and to be left alone on social issues. A smart Democratic candidate could win a whole bunch of votes from these types of folks.

Well, it's not just John Kerry that has lost Green, but the whole Democratic party. The straw that broke the camel's back? The "pre-emptive" complaints of voter intimidation.

If Drudge has it right, then the Kerry-Edwards campaign is going to do its damnedest to turn our fine nation into a banana republic...
I could mention the Lautenberg Trick in New Jersey. Or Gore's ballot shenanigans in Florida. Or the voter-registration fraud currently going on in Colorado, Nevada, and elsewhere. Or the Democrats' successful call to bring election observers into this country. Bring them in from where, Venezuela? Hey, no big deal sullying the reputation of the world's oldest continuously-functioning democracy, just so long as we can make the Republicans look bad, right?

The rules don't matter. The reputation of the country doesn't matter. The political health of the nation doesn't matter. Power matters.

I don't mean to say that Republicans haven't used dirty tricks, or won't in the future. But I have yet to see them pull anything as crass as replacing a losing candidate with a more-popular one just weeks before election day, and in violation of state law. I have yet to see Republicans calling on the world's most corrupt international organization, run largely by apparatchiks from the world's most brutal dictatorships, to pass judgment on how we run our elections. I have yet to see the Republicans encouraging their own to commit fraud by shouting "Fraud!" where none yet exists, putting at risk everything we've built here in the last 228 years.

Because, in the end, that's what the national Democrats are doing: They're trying, however inadvertently, to destroy the Republic in order to rule it...

Now, I know this is an angry essay. However, I don't mean to imply that all Democrats are evil and all Republicans are sweetness and light. Far from it. But for the first time in 16 years, I'm going to vote Republican straight down the line. If I have to punish a couple of local Democrats I'm fond of, then so be it, but I have to try to get a point across: The national Democratic Party is bad for this country.

I don't say that because of their policies, which I probably agree with more than I do the Republicans. But because their tactics would cause more harm to this country than the Federal Marriage Amendment, the Republican budget deficit, and Congress's corporate tax giveaways, combined.

I'm just one guy; I don't expect my vote to mean much. But the Democrats are willing to treat – in advance - my vote, and all it represents, with feigned contempt. So I can't, in return, treat the Democrats with anything less than genuine contempt.

My friends, the sharp-witted (if often inebriated) Stephen Green is not a typical voter. But he is not alone, either. This kind of nonsense is going to cost Kerry and the Democrats a whole lot of fed-up-with-the-horsepucky independents.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Stolen Honor
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the permalink that takes you directly to the NRO post:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerry200410141624.asp

BTW, you really ought to read Stephen Green's whole post It's How You Play the Game; it's a doozy:

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006909.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: