SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Middle East Perspective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Middle East Perspective Reply with quote

(May 3, 2004)
Senator John Kerry Remarks at the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) National Conference

Quote:
As all of you know, in this war on terror we're not facing off against one man, Osama bin Laden, or two or 20. It's not just one network. It's not even the threat of terrorism itself. We face a fundamental struggle of values: democracy against terror, diversity against tyranny, all the things ADL fights about. It's all part of the same fabric, the same weaving.
So let's be clear. The war on terror is not a clash of civilizations, as some want it to be known. It is a clash of civilization against fanaticism; of the progress of humanity against the primitive fears and interpretations of the few.

(Of course, today that position depends on who he's talking to...

Now, get this story he tells in the same speech…excerpts:

Quote:
I'm a pilot, and I was longing to get up into Israel airspace. ~Tel Aviv kept saying, "No, we don't think this is a good idea, for the senator to go flying."
Finally, I sort of nudged the colonel~he was an ace from the '67 war. And I said, "Colonel, is there no way we could arrange this? ~

So lo and behold, he gets up from the table. ~. And he comes back about 10 minutes later, and he says -- (speaking with the colonel's accent) -- "Senator, I hope you don't eat too much. We're going flying." (Laughter.)

~ I'm whisked out to the airport, ~, and he tells me, "Look, I'm not going to have time to give you all the instructions, but the minute we take off, it's your airplane." (Laughter.)
Now I had never explained to him whether I'd ever flown a jet before or anything.
And he was very trusting. ~ I got into my suit and my helmet and jumped into the airplane. It was a trainer, a Fuga trainer. And I got in the front seat, he got in the back. He was indeed very trusting. That's why he was an ace! (Laughter.) And we take off.

And literally, you know, we're about five feet above the runway and he gives me this signal with a stick, says, "Your plane." So I take it off. ~. Climb up, head down towards Aqaba. ~, so I'm coming down over Aqaba, and I suddenly hear this voice in the intercom and he says, "Senator, you better turn faster, you're going over Egypt." (Laughter.) So I started to wrap it in and do a faster turn.

Then I asked him if I could do a loop, a little aerobatics. And he said fine. So I went up to about 12,000 feet and proceeded to go in and do a loop.

And I want you to know, ladies and gentlemen, that to be able to come out upside down and look down and catch the horizon in back of me, and see all the way down into the Sinai, to the old base that had been given up, all the way across into Jordan, all the way out into the Gulf of Aqaba, and Twisted Evil to see Israel beneath me, and the lines contained, and to see it all upside down was the perfect way to see the Middle East and Israel. (Laughter, applause.)
Razz Razz
So now we know...John Kerry admitted, in public, on the record, that he loops, and flips, and rolls to get the appropriate perspective required.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly---It seems to me his whole life,career,family,goals are that way too. The world according to Hanoi john!

(got wood?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: