SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saddam met with Bin Laden in 1998?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Saddam met with Bin Laden in 1998? Reply with quote

That's the story here:

October 15, 2004
SADDAM’S ITALIAN LAWYER GIOVANNI DE STAFANO TOLD A LONDON-BASED DAILY THAT A MEETING WAS HELD BETWEEN HIMSELF AND OSAMA BIN LADEN AT THE RASHID HOTEL IN BAGHDAD IN 1998. (AL-SHARQ AL-AWSAT, LONDON, 10/15/04)

http://www.memri.org/ticker.html

Will this be like all the other times and just magically disappear? I have no idea of the validty of this. Just reportin' the news.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 Day week, check out this article. Same info, more detail.

http://www.intelmessages.org/Messages/National_Security/wwwboard/messages/857.html

I guess he came to Iraq to discuss a bake sale, right? There are lots of meetings, clues, etc about something going on between Iraq and Bin Laden, but the American public isn't seeing the info because the MSM doesn't want them to see it.
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if this is true, we have another confirmation out of many that Saddam was linked to Al Queda but the MSM will refuse to air it or call John Kerry on his newfound lies. It would remove one little lie, that Saddam wasn't linked to Bin Laden. They love playing the semantics game.

BTW, Here's a good list of "What we said before we didn't say it" from the usual suspects:

http://www.freedomagenda.com/iraq/wmd_quotes.html
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connection Between al Qaeda and Saddam in Fallujah
Per Aljazeera:

U.S. authorities have captured Falluja's chief negotiator after a set of air raids on the city that were part of a U.S. drive to regain control over Iraq during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

Falluja police said that U.S. forces arrested Khaled al-Jumaili, Fallujah’s police chief and two other police officers while they were moving with their families to a nearby resort town for safety from U.S. attacks.

Khaled al-Jumaili was the chief negotiator for Fallujah during the recent talks. al-Jumaili is the leader of leader of Mohammed's Army and chairman of the mujahideen shura council. Mohammed's army is a known terrorist group with ties to Saddam. What is interesting is while searching for information I came across this quote:

"A lot of these groups are factions operating under different names," Kenneth Katzman, an expert on terrorism at the Congressional Research Service of the Library of Congress, tells Insight. "I have heard the name of `Mohammed's Army' thrown out, but I don't have anything specific about that group." He pauses and then adds, "Bin Laden's organization is sort of an umbrella of different, very established organizations. Mohammed's Army is not an organization that comes to mind as a major terrorist organization. That could just be a faction of people allied to bin Laden and claiming responsibility."

This statement was made to Insight on News in a November 13, 2000 article dealing with the bombing of the USS Cole. Although this isn't evidence of this group being involved in the Cole bombing it does show that Khaled al-Jumaili is a very bad man with ties to Saddam and more then likely al-Qaeda.

[UPDATE]I have found some information on the mujahideen shura council.

Below is a statement made by Abu Hafs, a Jordanian national and representative of the Chechen mujahideen Shura council. Abu Hafs was profiled by Colin Powell in his February 5, 2003 speech to the UN as a principle conspirator in “[Abu Musab] Al-Zarqawi’s Iraq-linked Terrorist Network.”

According to Time Magazine, Abu Hafs last slipped into Chechnya through Georgia’s Pankisi Gorge in August 2002. Since the recent deaths of Ibn-ul-Khattab and Abu al-Walid al-Ghamidi, Abu Hafs seems to have taken control of the Al-Qaida-linked foreign mujahideen brigade active in the Caucasus.

“In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious Most Merciful:” “…Allah says, fight and kill for the sake of Allah only against those whose who attack and kill you [first], because Allah does not favor the aggressors.” “The leaders of the Chechen and the Ansaar [foreign] mujahideen now declare the commencement of attacks on Russian and American interests in Chechnya after having observed that the Russian and American sides continue to [attack] the honor and dignity of Islam and the Muslims in Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq, Indonesia, Afghanistan, and in other Muslim countries. All this has happened within earshot and sight of the International Community, and yet, it has not moved the conscience of a single Arab leader because their consciences are soiled by treason against Allah, our religion, and our society…”

“Does there exist a civilization as pure and noble as the civilization based on Islamic justice? …We have taken it upon ourselves to make a pledge before Allah. We will make Russia and America taste death, and Ramadan will be the month of conquests through martyrdom operations everywhere across this universe. We will hit any target that we encounter and we fear only Allah… and those of us in the Military Shura Council appear to the Muslims to help support their fighting brothers with prayer and money.”

Abu Hafs al-Urdani
– Commander of the Eastern Front and of “al-Ansaar” (the foreign mujahideen brigade) in the Caucasus
- Representative of the Military Shura [Advisory] Council of the Mujahideen Government

I'd have to say that Khaled al-Jumaili could very well be a direct connection between al Qaeda, and Saddam.

I wrote this up today in regards to the arrest a cleric in Fallujah. I think Saddam had a lot of connections to al Qaeda we haven't heard about because their tough to confirm and the press won't take the time to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: