SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'd say "No way," just on the ears.

Lobe attached on one, free-swinging on the other. Top turns outward on one ear, lies close to head on the other. Inner folds meet on one ear and do not on the other.

Hairline on side of face is different.

Some similarities in the facial features, but I'd have to know how long a time period passed between the taking of the two pictures to comment on most of those.

(Portrait painter and sculptor)

You think it wasn't Chuck Searcy? You'd be right.

Doug
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK_Phantom wrote:

Or did they already know him and his film crew from his amatuer action hero film, done at risk to his men on navy time with navy equipment??

Bang, that's it.. I knew i was missing something about that vietcong stronghold. They all just show up for morning battles, then take the rest of the day off.

So, the american touristas can come back later and get their filming done, take pictures for friends, presidential races, etc.
Yeah right...

If the Cong owned that place the way the villagers said, then how could kerry come back later and walk around with complete confidence in his security. It was real obvious there was no one around that second time for the movie shooting...
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
CK_Phantom wrote:

Or did they already know him and his film crew from his amatuer action hero film, done at risk to his men on navy time with navy equipment??

Bang, that's it.. I knew i was missing something about that vietcong stronghold. They all just show up for morning battles, then take the rest of the day off.

So, the american touristas can come back later and get their filming done, take pictures for friends, presidential races, etc.
Yeah right...

If the Cong owned that place the way the villagers said, then how could kerry come back later and walk around with complete confidence in his security. It was real obvious there was no one around that second time for the movie shooting...

That's easy -- he did not come back and do any filming at that site. Any filming done, was done right after the incident.

Doug
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened across an email address for Chuck Searcy. I emailed him asking him if he knew who Kyle was and how I might get in touch with him. Believe it or not I got an answer!

Here is his reply;

Quote:
Bill, I know Kyle, though I haven't seen him in several years and I'm not sure if he's back in Vietnam or not. I could not find an e-mail address for him or other information, although you might try a Google search or contact World Vision International, the organization he used to work for. I'm even uncertain now about the spelling of Kyle's name -- I think it might be "Hurst" or "Horst" but I'm not sure. Sorry I don't have more immediate information.

Chuck Searcy

I googled using the Horst spelling and got a few hits which add up. So apparently that is correct spelling. I'll see if I can find anything relevant regarding his background and post back.
barneyrl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Sometime things intended to do you harm, actually help Reply with quote

Last night, after watching the Nightline piece, I decided to do two things. First, I made another contribution to the Swiftvets. Second, I sent Nightline the following e-mail:

Ted,

You've just had your Dan Rather moment. Instead of meeting a shady character to pick up forged documents, you interviewed people living in a communist regime to get "their story". Let me guess, you just showed up unexpected without notice to anyone. Is that how one of the last communist nations in the world is now operating? Vietnam is allowing free access to Western reporters to interview the public (inmates). Gimmee a break.

Here's how I reacted to your version of Rathergate. I got up from my bed, came downstairs, and sent the Swiftees $100. I've been debating whether to help continue to fund their message. I was thinking that the Vietnam issue was dying. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Clearly you haven't given them a chance to tell their story, and have no intention of doing so. Those of us who see the injustice of that will have to make sure it gets told another way.

And guess what. Usually I watch Fox News but I noted your upcoming bit on the Drudge Report and decided I would check it out. You guys have really changed since I stopped watching you. You've actually gotten worse.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

That's easy -- he did not come back and do any filming at that site. Any filming done, was done right after the incident.

So, is this something you saw or something that you are assuming to be a reasonable explanation?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
lrb111 wrote:

Doug

Did you see them filming? Did you see when they set the huts on fire and/or who burned the village? (according to lady in abc piece)
Did the scenes in the abc piece look at all familiar? I realize after this period of time, it could have been the very same place and not looked anything like it did, back when.
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know someone who is fluent in Vietnamese, or a native speaker, who listened to the broadcast? I'd like to know:
1) Was the translation accurate?
2) Did the dialects/ accents all match the purported location of the interviews?
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry was doing his job, and not making movies of himself, maybe he would have found the weapons the ABC VC says were there.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThanksVets quoted:
Quote:
``We had very serious disagreements among ourselves about the war, but the creed was that we never spoke ill of another veteran,'' said Chuck Searcy from Athens, Ga., who served in Vietnam from 1967-68 before joining the anti-war movement at home.

``That ethic has been violated in this election, and it's pretty shameful,'' he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4439327,00.html

The same article quotes these guys calling George Bush a "draft dodger." So much for the "ethic." Of course, we are supposed to agree that service in the Air National Guard does not qualify one to be a veteran. How ironic is it that their "anti-war movement at home" urged people to dodge the draft at the same time Bush was in the service, and urged those in the service to mutiny and desert. Now they somehow use "draft dodger" as an epithet of disparagement, instead of the accolade it used to be for them. And now the slanders they heaped upon all of us are contrary to a newly discovered high "ethic," because it is their bull being gored.

It's too bad John Kerry has never honored this "ethic." If he had, none of us would be here.

Maybe it is not, after all, a character defect personal to Kerry that he is a starnger to truth and consistency. Perhaps it is merely the occupational hazard of living in the the morally relative world of the far left.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cipher,

Quote:
Paul, your wish, my command:

Thanks. I went back through the threads & found another reference you'd posted that I missed - I need a clone to stay on the computer to try to follow all this stuff! Your info., and other's posts also clears up for me that indeed this was actually a series of sequential events.

Um, was it my imagination? I thought I heard Koppel say "superior force" a couple times. Not "numerically superior". To me, this would make him doubly wrong on that point, as our side had vastly superior firepower in this day's actions (as I think one of the Vietnamese alluded to / confirmed earlier in the report?)
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for someone who has been in Vietnam: Would you expect to see a grave marker like that in a Vietnamese village? It had a suspiciously western look to me.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnneZ wrote:
Question for someone who has been in Vietnam: Would you expect to see a grave marker like that in a Vietnamese village? It had a suspiciously western look to me.

Yes, it was typical. It was also obviously not new.

Doug
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
DougReese wrote:

So, is this something you saw or something that you are assuming to be a reasonable explanation?

We (myself and others) went back and forth on this earlier in the summer, right here on this board. I forget if you were around then.

After everything died down Feb 28, there was time to take photos and/or do a little fliming. Did I see any of this? Not that I can recall. However, I have seen a photo Charles Gibson took of himself, Don Droz and a UDT guy at the site, right afterwards.

And this summer I was saying that there wasn't any other time the Swifts went up there, except on March 13, when one of Jim Rassmann's Nung's was KIA. That was up the same c<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=anal">anal</a>, fairly close to the Feb 28 incident. However, due to the nature of what went on March 13, there was no way anyone was going to do any filming back at the site of the Feb 28 incident.

As I recall from Navy records posted, the only other time the Swifts (Kerry, I should say) went out was on that "Operation U-Haul", when they spent the night in our village after bringing supplies for the Seal Team that was staying in our village -- a big bladder of fuel for the Seal's boats and a whole bunch of lumber for some Seabees to build them a house, of sorts.

Bottom line, the fliming was done Feb 28, right after the incident, as that's the only time it could have been done.

Doug
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a serious question.

Was it typical to make movies of your exploits? I mean did you guys have an official documentarian? Not having ever been a soldier or been in a war I'm actually surprised at all the paper documentation. So is this why there are all these films of Kerry? Are there films of the other swift boat guys? Did each boat have a filmographer? Did the Navy supply the camera and film? I've been curious about this for a long time. Hate to sound so ignorant and naive. Can someone elaborate on the films?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 17 of 33

Jump to: