SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP--MORE BUSH RECORDS FOUND!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amer_i_can
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Speaks well of SwiftVet Impact Reply with quote

The fact that the media continues to pursue the TANG story (red herring?) speaks well of the continued impact of the SBVFT. The Democrats (and I include the mainstream media in that) see the damage being done to Kerry by his behavior of 30+ years ago and think they are going to achieve the same damage to Bush -- a little tit for tat.

But it just doesn't work that way. Kerry's behavior was downright seditious. Bush, if you want to believe the *worst* they are trying to prove about him, was irresponsible (after serving most of his 6 year service). Big deal. But so far, they haven't even found much of anything to prove their petty claims, so who cares.

Meanwhile, serious questions about Kerry's behavior in that period have been answered (by Kerry himself) and he's been shown to have ZERO intergrity, at best. I guess the media's refusal to pursue the SwiftVets stories shows that they think its been covered pretty well by the SBVFT already. Nah, they just don't want to inadvertantly give exposure for fear what it might do to their man.

C.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the h*** aren't they pouring over the 42 documents that CNS has instead of this?
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Further embarrasses," "unexplained flights," diving into rat s##t. AP takes a big swallow of kool-aid. Trips to VN, Halperin's memo. ABC guzzles the wicked brew. Forged doc's, unabashed hatred of the Bush family. CBS is drunk on the stuff. Kitty Kelly - for 3 flipping days. NBC- ahhh, why bother!

Bozell got it right. We all know that the MSM is seeing it's final days!
If no one has the cojones to ask Kerry the 180 question, the damage done to the MSM will go far beyond this election cycle. Welcome to the New Fourth Estate!
AnneZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes-siree-bob. We have us one crackerjack MSM. Questions are raised about John Kerry's discharge from the navy. The media leap into action, and in less than 2 days they excitedly announce they have found a letter showing clearly that George W. Bush was honorably discharged from the Texas ANG. Kafka is not this weird.
Of the '31 new pages' 28 were released Oct. 14. They show that GWB was sometimes ordered to do things while in the armed forces. This is apparently big news to the MSM. Since they are making a big deal of page count, I note that 5 pages (pp 7, 13, 18, 15, 26) do not mention Bush but are extra pages of multipage documents.
There is also page 23, Form DD 844, a requisition for duplicating services. I am not making this up. Bush isn't even the guy getting the copies. His name appears nowhere on it that I can see.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's a numbers game.

Headlines: 212 more pages found!

My first impression was that the lawyers found damaging files. Since a headline is the same as a 30 second soundbite, or can be turned into one, the MSM wants to leave a negative impression about Bush.

Makes no difference that it is just one document, with Bush mentioned just once. Or a document sending Bush to the high alitude chamber.

Just proves that we have to many lawyers with too much time on their hands.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly right, ranch hand.

This morning all the radio and TV news just give a short blurb that
new TANG documents have been found AFTER (emphasized}
President Bush had stated that all his documents have been made public.
(No mention that there is nothing of substance in the documents).

Their purpose is to give the idea that Bush is still hiding something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: