SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW can we boycott PBS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: HOW can we boycott PBS? Reply with quote

With all the BS raging from PBS in the last 3 decades.... how can we actually make a KO punch to these blind a**holes?
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to ask for a refund of any donated monies?
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make an issue of their hypocrisy of being a non-commercial funded public broadcast.

Example:
The following program is supported by the Root and Nut Herb shop where like minded customers who buy all the drivel on PBS can spend money.

They support programing with a wink and a nod that they are not paid advertisers.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to reach them is through money--Never, ever donate and, if you're willing to make the commitment, start lobbying your State and Federal representatives to get public funding withdrawn--C
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they have their fund drives, call or write in explaining why you are not pledging any money. Be nice about it so they will listen (most are volunteers thinking that they are doing good).
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is PBS necessary? Should tax monies be spent for a radio station(s) that are in competion with commercial stations? If anything the PBS broadcasts are worthy of an audience, it could and will be picked up on commercial stations.

Can the monies spent on PBS be better used elsewhere? I think so.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
The only way to reach them is through money--Never, ever donate and, if you're willing to make the commitment, start lobbying your State and Federal representatives to get public funding withdrawn--C

WEll, one of the probs is that there will always be people that DO donate.... and they are STILL using our taxes to do this... so there must be a way to STOP using our taxes to support this crap!
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
When they have their fund drives, call or write in explaining why you are not pledging any money. Be nice about it so they will listen (most are volunteers thinking that they are doing good).

That's a very good point... but HOW are we going to let all ofthese people know about the truth?
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little difficult for me to boycott something I haven't supported for years. Stopped viewing PBS when they started their 'the following program is brought to you through grants from........'. (Hate to admit my age by that last comment. Laughing ) Guess the best way would be for us to 'lobby' our so-called representatives in DC.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bystander wrote:
It's a little difficult for me to boycott something I haven't supported for years. Stopped viewing PBS when they started their 'the following program is brought to you through grants from........'. (Hate to admit my age by that last comment. Laughing ) Guess the best way would be for us to 'lobby' our so-called representatives in DC.

Another good point... In my younger years (before I could actually undertstand all this hype), I was under the impression that PBS was a source that didn't lean to 'girls' or 'boys' (simple, aye?!?).... It was a source that was supposed to be equal..... man, either I 'growed up', or the truth is FINALLY coming out...

PLEASE help to find a way to either boycott this station (damn.. antother earthquake as I am typiing..).... or to steer it in the right direction..
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread. I sent this to our local affiliate:

Regret to inform you that I am joining many others nationwide in refusing to contribute because of NPR's huge left wing leanings and unhidden support for Kerry and anti freedom for Iraq. Aside from the "news" rants, listen to Garrison Keilor sometime and tell me that he or NPR are impartial! No, I did not contribute to you last year because we did not live here then.

I will listen to a couple of the programs that I like (e.g., Car Talk) but I'll do it for free. If you do not get enough money to stay on the air, don't blame me, blame NPR. I have already bought XM so that I can get classical music without having to listen to NPR's propaganda.

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: