SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pres. Bush Landing on the Carrier would make a great ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lftrn97
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Pres. Bush Landing on the Carrier would make a great ... Reply with quote

last week TV commercial! I think a theme of "remember how you felt..."

...when he landed
...when the Taliban fell
...when Saddam's statue fell, etc.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Dems would link that to the "Mission Accomplished" thing.

It would be better to have Bush standing at ground-zero with the bullhorn saying, "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear from ALL of us soon!"

ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, then end it with the Afghan elections 3 years later. I'm so pissed that the MSM didn't cover that. It was Afghan's first election in 5000 years. History occured that day, and what was said?

....cricket, cricket....
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that a combination of both would be a great eye opener for the American Public. Here is my answer and here are the results. If I were Bush I would not let the dems run my ad campaign no matter how they spin it. The American Public is smart enough to figure it out.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an ex destroyer sailor that used to trail aircraft carriers in plane guard position off the coast of Vietnam, I can't begin to tell you how proud I was to see the President go aboard the carrier the same way aircrews do, night and day, month in and month out, year after year, in peace time or in war. I vividly recall pulling a crew member of an A3D from from the water. None of the crew survived.

Landing on a carrier is dangerous business and in doing so the President was honoring our airmen and those that support them. A part of leadership involves not asking others to do what you are unwilling to do yourself. Kerry hightailing it of Vietnam 8 months early reflects a different standard of leadership.

The morons that criticize the President for getting out of the aircraft in full flight gear are completely off base. He needed the gear because he was strapped into an ejection seat. The jerks who criticize the "Mission Accomplished" banner have no understanding of naval tradition. The ship had more than accomplihed its mission.

Finally, the Presidents comments about major combat operations being over were true then and are true now. One has to be pretty stupid not to know the difference. Multiple aircraft carriers surrounding Iraq, , heavy tanks on the move all across that country, bombing missions around the clock -- including from bases in the U.S.

I have tried to relay this to friends who are die-hard liberals and they simply close their ears. One guy just the other day wouldn't listen to my argument that I had served a year in country about the same time as Kerry and knew the Swift Boat Vets were telling the truth. He preferred to place his trust in the New York Times and to believe we are all pulling a dirty political trick on Kerry.

In my opinion the latest round of Swift Boat Vet ads are the best yet. As the camera pans across these heroes, I don' see how any reasonable person can side with Kerry over them.

Nalt
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerald L. Parsoneault wrote:

In my opinion the latest round of Swift Boat Vet ads are the best yet. As the camera pans across these heroes, I don' see how any reasonable person can side with Kerry over them.

Nalt

AGREE! The first and the lates ads. Both are great! The first gave a blow up warning, and the latest is closing the deal! The message: "Look, we are more trustworthy than Kerry, and our messages are true and so we are--true to our words, now and then." Perfect ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: