SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get me off this emotional rollercoaster!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Get me off this emotional rollercoaster! Reply with quote

I know there is only 16 more days left, but OMG I don't know how much more I can take! Shocked

One day I feel 100% confident that President Bush will win, then the next day I am shakin in my boots that Kerry will win.

I started going to some Pro-Kerry websites, just to lurk and see what kind of lies they say about Bush, and there are so many people out there who believe all the KerryKrap they are spewing! I need to start registering at some of these sites so that I can give them the real facts. Does anyone know of any good(if you can call them that Embarassed ) Kerry websites? We need to spread the word!

I think I'm going to need some Prozac or something to make it through the next two weeks. I biggest hope and wish is that Bush will win with enough of a landslide, so we don't have a repeat of 2000. Then I'm REALLY going to need a prescription! Mr. Green
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will do you any good. Most people who go to those sites want to believe all that rubbish that is being spewed even if deep inside they know its lies. I think its sad that we have come to this in politics. I watched a crowd of people waiting to hear Kerry speak and there was one women that went way over the top in her adoration of him. She was jumping up and down and looked like she was on some sort of happy pill. I think that is what happens to some people they get so intense about there candidate they forget to listen to the true facts or just wont. I dont think you will ever change there minds. If I am watching TV and someone starts spewing what I know to be lie's I just push the mute button and watch the facial expressions and that tells you alot.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go there. Just focus on VICTORY. President Bush does not lurk in their websites. He is totally focused on winning. Put your faith in the decency of the American public. John Kerry cannot fool that many people. Whenever I get worried I make another donation to our side.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You going to ProKerry sites to change their minds would be tantamount to them going to ProBush sites to change our minds

Don't go to them and you will not need the prozac - just stay focused on CinC
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are none so blind as those who will not see. I know some Kerry supporters and you can't talk about the facts with them. If you give them some facts that prove they are wrong they get mad and get loud and don't admit they are wrong.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even turn the TV on anymore as I just listen to talk radio and go to forums like this one as my nerves and my blood pressure can't take the spin on all the TV stations, even Fox. I just can't take any more spin, any more lies, any more slandering of Bush, any more nauseous puff pieces on Kerry - the MSM, even Fox, is in the tank for Kerry and there is no low they will not reach to defeat Bush. The mute button used to do the job for me, but the BS is so prevalent now that even the mute button doesn't help - so I just turn it all off.

The next couple of weeks are going to be vicious, and I pray a lot and I will vote early tomorrow, and pray my sanity holds out over the next couple of weeks.

Debbie
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm limiting my TV and that means Fox too. Fox has done some really horrible things lately and well, I'm sticking with Rush and Sean Hanity. I personally have done what I can. I wish I was in a position to do more, but I know that those who can , will.
those that can, get out to the swing state and campaign for Bush. Forget TV, it will make u crazy. ignore the polls. (except the nov 2 one)

If the dems steal this election, we will just have to fight it out after nov 2.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here-the emotional rollercoaster ride, news etc. I even wake up in the middle of the night, nightmaring that I am arguing with my sister-in-law. She is one of these, "I know everything so don't even try to confuse me with the facts". That is not "my truth" attitude. But she is that way about everything so we all ignore that part of her. At this time it is really hard though.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
If the dems steal this election, we will just have to fight it out after nov 2.

That's the spirit I like to see. Bush will win easy, but if Kerry wins, it just means we will have one hell of a fight on our hands the next four years. Geez even if Bush wins we will still have to fight the Hildabeast in 08. The left is going to be a force against us indefinitely, and we will have to fight leftism indefinitely.

Zell Miller
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way Nov 3.. well maybe we need to rest first but immediately.... it is on to the Clintonistas and Hillary. Get those pictures and stories with the Anti-war crowd and the Black Panthers and the failed healthcare efforts. And I guess Monica will be a player. Yeah, lets rest first.

Plan vacations people. Hey Florida could use a boost on tourism. we sure don't want a state tax! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother with those web sites. Use your address book and ask that they forward to their address book. You will contact more people that way and you will tell them the truth. Those that support Bush will get it off to their address book and it will continue on. The un decided will get them and just maybe convince them and they to may forward. I did one today that I sent out to over 400 people. You can see the letter in the forum under De Fide, Heresy. Cut and paste that and send it out.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so agree that we should stay with the group and not stray to "other" sites or news....I come here just to keep my sanity and have my favorite links for validation. After the debate I was so shaky because of the "evil" words the K was spewing and needed a quick dose of the SVPTs!!!!!! Laughing I contrast what I see when he appears with Bush's optimistic outlook on his site....he is so handsome, compassionate, and real.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to echo everyone's thoughts here. Going to those sites is upsetting and discouraging. We can not afford to be discouraged. We need to keep plugging away. None of us know which changed vote might be the one that keeps Kerry out of the White House.

Use your email list. When ever you find a post or an article that touches you copy and paste it into an email and forward to your address book. Encourage them to forward it.

Anyone is free to copy/paste whatever they like from my website and forward to email lists or blog on their own sites.

Where anti-K or pro-W t-shirts. I am a walking billboard when I go out of the house. If you dont have any, I will send you jpg's you can print t-shirt transfers from. Package of 10 for 12.00 at walmart. 5 bucks for 3 white-t-shirts. For under $20.00 you'll have shirts for the whole family!

Decorate your car. It's a rolling bill-board.

Most importantly, whenever your feeling discouraged, come here and ask for a moral boost. I think we are surrounded by some of the finest people in the world right here on this forum.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so agree. This site has been a lifesaver. I used to rely Fox, but now, I rely on SBV.
. I never really understood what we were up against, I too at one time sort of believed what the MSM spew out.
My point was, we can all do whatever we can, each one within their abilites. I know what mine are, u know what yours are. If evil prevails and they win this election well we will just have to continue the fight. We just must give it our all, and help Pres Bush as best we can. Those in swing states can be more physically active, some of us are doing the email thng. whatever happens
my life has been changed by the SBV and I can never go back .

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was starting to feel burned out a while ago and I had to stop watching any tv or reading anything that is pro-kerry. I did watch the last debate and I am glad because Bush was great! But otherwise, if I see kerry's face on the screen, I change channels or push the mute button and close my eyes. If I see something about him in the newspaper I scan it and if it's supportive of him, I skip it. I just can't stand listening to any more spin and lies! I am not a great 'campaigner' as far as putting myself forward but whenever anybody has said anything to me about the election that is pro-kerry I tell them exactly who he is and why they should be afraid -- very afraid -- to vote for him. I tell them they need to read 'Unfit for Command' and find out the truth.

I come here to this forum often to make myself feel better and try to do what I can, likewise -- you all sure give me great hope for our country and for the future.

Today I am feeling pretty good because Bush is 8 points ahead in the polls! This has got to be significant of a momentum building on the side of truth! And The Chicago Tribune has given Bush a great endorsement!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: