SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Media Research Center debunks Nightline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Media Research Center debunks Nightline Reply with quote

Under normal circumstances I would post this under the on-going thread of the same subject. But in that thread there is a current, very heavy discussion I don't want to "interrupt." Maybe at a later time it would be appropriate to move this to that thread.

The Media Research Center has a GREAT article debunking Ted Koppel and his recent Nightline story here (be sure that you find topic #2, though topics #3 and #4 will probably interest you also):

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20041016.asp#2
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find. thanks for posting that.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for sharing that !!!!!!
great post Wink
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Media Research Center debunks Nightline Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Under normal circumstances I would post this under the on-going thread of the same subject. But in that thread there is a current, very heavy discussion I don't want to "interrupt." Maybe at a later time it would be appropriate to move this to that thread.

The Media Research Center has a GREAT article debunking Ted Koppel and his recent Nightline story here (be sure that you find topic #2, though topics #3 and #4 will probably interest you also):

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20041016.asp#2

A very good pice of scrutiny. Too bad it won't see the light of day to dipute ABC News and their skewed version of reality.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRC has a great FREE newsletter, which I highly recommend. They clearly do an incredible amount of quality analysis.

I don't watch the MSM. I have MRC deliver their newsletter to keep up with what is going on in the MSM.

I will do NOTHING to help the ratings of any of the MSM! Laughing Laughing Laughing

www.mrc.org

FOX is teetering on the same fate. . .

Wink Wink Wink
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anker-klanker ! Great Post..........
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this bit:

Quote:
But Koppel didn't find the need compelling to make Kerry answer critical questions: "John Kerry and his war time service are clearly a centerpiece for his campaign for President. But if you expect him to talk about how he won that Silver Star, the most important of his medals, you're likely to be disappointed. As I said at the outset, there are some things that some veterans just can't or won't talk about.

Prior to the Swiftees coming out with the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey likes to say) you couldn't shut Kerry up about his Vietnam "tours" of duty, especially the ones that never happened!!

Kerry doesn't have to say a word. All he has to do is sign the 180 and let his record speak for him.

Koppel doesn't seem to be interested in Kerry's record, certainly not to anything approaching the degree of scrutiny he and the rest of the MSM gave Bush's ANG record.

I guess Koppel got the Halperin memo!
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppel's closing statement tells us a lot. He says he didn't know what they would find but would report the truth. When O'Neill pointed out the obvious flaws in their so-called research, he tried to change the subject. There was no way Koppel was going to give any weight to any of O'Neill's evidence. He thought by using some villager that magically remembered a single incident 35 years ago, he could brush aside O'Neill, but John made him look like an idiot and the MSM took another hit.

Without access to forums such as this, most would never know the truth and have to rely on clowns like Koppel for his version of events, all nicely weighted to make Kerry look like a hero. Now every time they try to push their BS past the people, there are others who do their homework and expose that BS. Expect shows like his to really dwindle due to being exposed for what they are....tripe.

Thanks to John O'Neill for sticking to his guns yet again. I would really like to shake his hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: