SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor Canceled due to violent threats
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Stolen Honor Canceled due to violent threats Reply with quote

This was posted on Free Republic tonight:

Posted on 10/19/2004 4:46:44 PM PDT by Scarpetta

I just came from the Baederwood Theatre in Abington, PA where "Stolen Honor" was to be shown to an expected full-house. Upon arrival I was told that the theatre canceled the show due to called in threats of violence.

There were about 100 people milling around outside the theatre, mostly Bush supporters, when I arrived. The Bushies were rightly indignant that we couldn't see the film and the sKerry supporters were almost gleeful in their posturing.

One "vet for Kerry" was getting in the faces of many of the Bush supporters, and had to be separated by the police more than once. There were three television news crews recording the skirmishes between the two camps, and reporters jotting down their stories.

The filmmaker, Carlton Sherwood, was there and gave on-camera interviews. The reporters also took about a dozen interviews from both sides of the fence.

There was about a dozen "Vets For Kerry" there, most of them wearing uniforms. I noticed the cops making faces to them as if to say "aren't these Bush supporters a bunch of wankers?" There was one young man (about 19) holding a sign "jingoism doesn't work." Talk about a wanker.

The "Stolen Honor" people handed out DVDs and videos to anyone who wanted one.

This will be a big story on the local news tonight because of all of the heated arguments captured on film. For all in the Delaware Valley viewing area, Channel 6 News stuck around the longest. I'll post any articles from the local papers tomorrow.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they stopped the showing. They should have kept the showing and let the violent protesters get arrested. I don't feel good about this at all. It shows that the Big Bully is going to get his way.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sad! I hate to see that there will be a successful silencing and censorship and... well, I am so upset.
I think this is going to bring on the likes of the 60's in the street protesting and fighting. How can we not stand up for the airing of the truth? How long can we sit and be quiet when the likes of f9/11 is playing all over the place? We can not be quiet forever. I think I'm getting a little old for the protest scene...but... Geesh! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hate to see that there will be a successful silencing and censorship

I agree. And, Sinclair caved into its' stockholders and is not going to show what they had planned on TV, but another version, an hour long, with bits and pieces of the movie. I read that on NewsMax tonight.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry about this and it is upsetting. I would think that people will really want to see this now. I also think that this really really hurts Kerry's side.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it hurts Kerry all right. That's why there's such a push to shut it down. This is what we have to look forward to if he is elected, censorship and no more right to free speech. The liberals want only their version of the "truth" out there. The MSM has made that possible for years. Now, the other side is rising up and they will beat it back with everything they have.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the time where Sen McCain could redeem himself by telling the public that they should watch this movie and that the POWs have earned the right to speak out.

If you are an Arizona Constituent, perhaps you can write or call him and ask for his help. He has publically said that what Kerry did when he came back is fare for the POWs and Swifties to attack/talk about.

I think more is at stake here than just sKerry's reputation, I think the Anti-war movement is going to be hit hard too. This is a huge liberal movement that is about to get exposed on a national level, so it's more than the Presidential issue at stake.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee--After all these years of the libs wailing about how they defend freedom of speech/freedom of expression, we now find out that they only support those things in the form of "art" such as descecrating the flag or someone urinating on a crucifix--

Guess we learn something new every day--

I hate this--C
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: this is BS Reply with quote

ARE WE ALL GONNA LAY DOWN NOW? STOP FIGHTING? OR IS IT TIME TO RUMBLE? Someone find the links to express what we feel. We will give um hell till they block us. Everyone who can afford to order the DVD do it!!!! If it's rentable get it and invite anyone who wants to know the truth to your home. Show it to young voters. IT'S TIME FOR HELL NO WE WON'T GO! AMERICAN'S FOR TRUTH!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very personal history told by the POWs themselves is greeted with threats of violence, while the blatantly anti-American F-911 tale of conjecture, innuendo, and outright lies is met with respect for the principle of free speech! So much for the peace-loving political party of tolerance that the Dems once claimed to embody!
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13619

Hope you don't mind but the above thread is related to this topic so I thought I'd post it here for you. It's on the "Stolen Honor" forum and has a little more information.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sad time in America. It is horrible that things such as this can be allowed to occur.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that those in swing states, if we can get a hold of the DVD, go door to door and offer to let them see it or give it to them. Organize a place for them to see it.
If u live in a swing state, can this be done? neighborhood block wathing the DVD?
They did this in Dallas with "outfoxed". remember that?

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. One "jack-booted thug" trick after another - the very tactics that the Democratic party says that Republicans are associated with. Confused

I must ask that no one "burn a copy" to give away.

If you can lend yours out, great! If you can afford to buy more than one, that's great too. But, the film is protected by copyright laws and just because we believe it to be vitally important to our message, we cannot advocate illegal activity in order to promote its being seen.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time to saddle up in the words of John Wayne..we will not surrender to these liberal thugs..Some one find out what we can do about this, I am so angry, I had better watch my words. Shame on them..shame on them...

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: