SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug - for getting back to me about meeting Kerry.

Sorry if you feel the Swiftvets are out to "smear" Kerry. I, like
the Swiftvets, have questions that need to be answered by Kerry
about his actions back then. While you have tried to bring your
memories to the table Kerry hasn't.

While some things out there about Kerry may be untrue, others are
not. Kerry is responsible for some of the more fanciful stuff, i.e.,
his Christmas in Cambodia story.

He is responsible his Winter Soldier and VVAW activity.
While my brother was serving his full term of duty in Vietnam Mr.
Kerry sat before the Senate and smeared him along with my
fiance who was KIA in 68. Neither one of those boys were what
Kerry proclaimed them to be. The argument by the Kerry supporters,
since Kerry refuses to talk about it, is that Kerry wasn't calling all
our soldiers those despicable things, just the government that made
them do those things "on a daily basis".

I do not accept any explainations as to why Kerry spoke the words
he did, I am fully capable, as is everyone else who has heard or
read his testimony back then, of understanding exactly just what
John Kerry said. The wounds caused by Kerry's words are carried
by many of those who served, especially the POW's who were
still incarcerated and tortured with his words. I saw what happened
to my brother when he came home, my fiance's family were not
able to honor their son's service until the traveling Memorial Wall
came to our town. You may not have suffered, Doug, from Kerry's
words, but we did and no amount of spin from Kerry's minions will
change what happened.

I've read Kerry's book, which contradicts much of what DougReese
has said he remembers from back then, I tend to believe Doug
rather than Kerry as Kerry's book is nothing more than self-serving
tripe and hyperbole. Kerry's book, Tour of Duty, contradicts Kerry's
own "official website" and numerous, but not all, Navy documents.
Kerry purposely contradicts Kerry, he chose to weave lies and
embellishments along with little nuggets of truth. This is art of all
skilled liars.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished reading all 362 posts by Doug Reese, and aside from acquiring bloodshot eyes, I was amazed to discover that there is barely any of his eyewitness accounts that he gives of the Silver Star incident, during which he admits he was not on Kerry's boat, by the way. The vast majority of his postings (and there is a plethora of them) are hearsay, based on what someone else told him (most notably John Kerry) about the Silver Star action. I can only reasonably conclude that he is a shill for Kerry and he is "Stumpin' for Kerry" big time.

Here's the extent of his eyewitness statements vis a vis the Silver Star:

10-19-04 "Nightline" thread
"I saw one VC. He was armed. I shot him. I saw a number of other VA. They were armed". "A few minutes after this happened...I looked over to that boat and just past it. Kerry was standing there, next to a dead VC and a lean-to".

10-?-04 "Nightline" thread
"I saw the body and while not noticing the killing wound...it was plain to me...the guy wasn't all shot up".

7-29-04 "Kerry Arriving in Boston on a Swiftboat thread"
" I don't remember how long we were on the ground after the shooting stopped, but we didn't rush to leave...I walked the 50-60-70 yards down to where Kerry was and spoke to him. It was calm then, or I damn sure woulda stayed where I was! Don't get this mixed up with the other where we were up that canal - he wasn't wounded this time".

6-27-04 DoD "Kerry Could Be in Trouble With His Medals" thread
"It is true that the enemy force wasn't numerically superior (Thank God) but it is also true that it wasn't just one VC".

A post between 6-27 and 6-16-04
"As I walked under the twin .50, which was firing at the time, I experienced a bit of a problem with my hearing...So for a few seconds I wasn't hearing anything...as I continued moving forward the boat beached." "I found out soon enough why we beached, when VC started popping up all over the place." "I know some of Kerry's crew said there was firing coming from the other side...but there was no way for me to hear that with all the shooting on my side of the canal, from us and the Swifts".

6-9-04 "View From an Army Boat" thread
" While I only saw the B-40 guy after he was killed, I saw some of the VC just before that, while they were alive. I saw one up close and personal..."

6-5-04 "Kerry Breaking the Rules" thread
"...the boat I was on suddenly beached when we were fired upon. I knew what Kerry's boat did (the B-40 etc) as Kerry told me".
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't read all of his posts. But from what he's written here in this thread it had occured to me as well that he is not actually an eyewitness to any of the events for which Kerry recieved medals. In that respect I certainly can't give his opinion any more weight than that of John O'neill or of any of the other swiftvets. Which brings it all down to a numbers game - a game which 200+ hundred swiftboatvets win hands down.

No disrespect intended Doug.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
I have just finished reading all 362 posts by Doug Reese, and aside from acquiring bloodshot eyes, I was amazed to discover that there is barely any of his eyewitness accounts that he gives of the Silver Star incident, during which he admits he was not on Kerry's boat, by the way. The vast majority of his postings (and there is a plethora of them) are hearsay, based on what someone else told him (most notably John Kerry) about the Silver Star action. I can only reasonably conclude that he is a shill for Kerry and he is "Stumpin' for Kerry" big time.

Yes, as I have said a number of times, I wasn't on Kerry's boat.

362 posts since May 22.

And you know they are heresay because I say there are heresay.

A "shill for Kerry"? If that means I am pro-Kerry, then yes.

Doug
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
I hadn't read all of his posts. But from what he's written here in this thread it had occured to me as well that he is not actually an eyewitness to any of the events for which Kerry recieved medals. In that respect I certainly can't give his opinion any more weight than that of John O'neill or of any of the other swiftvets. Which brings it all down to a numbers game - a game which 200+ hundred swiftboatvets win hands down.

No disrespect intended Doug.

None taken.

But I was just a little bit closer to what happened than all 250 of them. Make that 249 -- the guy I walked past just as I stepped off PCF 23 was there.

And the "event" for which Kerry received the SS was his involvement in all of what happened that day. I was an eyewitness for a portion of those events, and a few yards away for the rest of it.

Doug
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

362 posts since May 22.

Sound and fury signifying?

Perhaps Macbeth had it wrong.

Quote:

A "shill for Kerry"? If that means I am pro-Kerry, then yes.

Which is all the more surprizing. I mean, Afganistan 'out - sourcing'? C'mon Doug. Kerry was awarded a Silver Star and Bronze Star on missions involving, well . . . . you guys. In fact - you. Did you believe you were involved in 'out - sourcing', Doug?

Is that how you saw it at the time? Yet given all that, somehow, you . . are "pro-Kerry'.

Maybe Macbeth DID have it right?
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Reese,
Is it fair to say I have posted the totality of your eyewitness portion of Kerry's Silver Star actions? I looked through all 362 posts and that is all the eyewitness accounts you had posted.
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:07 am Post subject: up date on teddy from night line t0night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry this belongs on this thread Confused
doug reisse ( spelling )
was the man that met with viet namer

well well well turns out it was not a swift boat vet

no surprise there teddy

but here is one doug reisse suports john kerry
oh yeah and ted will be on the road tom
is that so we all dont fill his emails with told ya so's
guess john kerry boys were really doing over time on this one ..
when will john kerry learn he can run run run but he can not hide !!!!!!
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Mr. Reese,
Is it fair to say I have posted the totality of your eyewitness portion of Kerry's Silver Star actions? I looked through all 362 posts and that is all the eyewitness accounts you had posted.

I'd say that pretty much covers it. I probably said it a number of other posts, but you had a fair representation.

Doug

PS. So go ahead, B_ _ _ _ t, spin that 36 ways.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
PS. So go ahead, B_ _ _ _ t, spin that 36 ways.

You know, I've yet to see anyone here "spin" your input.

This is uncalled-for, especially considering that you support someone who most of us view as the vilest type of betrayer while you falsely accuse John O'Neill of changing his story depending upon who he is talking to.

Please don't abuse the civility and respect which you have found here.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Reese,
Just so you know I'm not picking on you, the reason I pulled your eyewitness quotes out of your 362 posts was because it was getting very confusing on this thread of 20+ pages trying to separate what you saw from what others told you as to the Silver Star action.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Mr. Reese,
Just so you know I'm not picking on you, the reason I pulled your eyewitness quotes out of your 362 posts was because it was getting very confusing on this thread of 20+ pages trying to separate what you saw from what others told you as to the Silver Star action.

Sure, I understand. I was just being hardheaded about not re-explaining everything to . . . someone else.

Doug
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

Sure, I understand. I was just being hardheaded about not re-explaining everything to . . . someone else.

I wonder if it was someone who decided to raise what MUST be a VERY embarrassing admission on your part, when you once again confessed to being a Kerry supporter:

Quote:

Which is all the more surprizing. I mean, Afganistan 'out - sourcing'? C'mon Doug. Kerry was awarded a Silver Star and Bronze Star on missions involving, well . . . . you guys. In fact - you. Did you believe you were involved in 'out - sourcing', Doug?

Is that how you saw it at the time? Yet given all that, somehow, you . . are "pro-Kerry'.

Have you had a chance to look up that quote from Macbeth? Have you had a chance to look up the word - outsourcing?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry wrote:

I wonder if it was someone who decided to raise what MUST be a VERY embarrassing admission on your part, when you once again confessed to being a Kerry supporter:

I told Tom Rupprath, the retired FBI agent, VN vet (a fellow Arty guy) who was hired by the SBVT and John O'Neill to get information pertaining to John Kerry's service in Vietnam, upon the occasion of his interview with me on June 28, 2004. . . . that I was a Kerry supporter.

John O'Neill put it in Unfit for Command. There is much in that book that I don't agree with. The fact that I am a Kerry supporter is not one of them.

The fact that I am a Kerry supporter was on the Drudge Report. Ted Koppel said it last night on Nightline.

I am not embarassed about it. It is not a "confession". It is an admission on my part.

Doug

note: BBCode corrected
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
sevry wrote:

I am not embarassed about it. It is not a "confession". It is an admission on my part.

Doug, I think you have difficulty reading what's written to you. THAT may have been a weak double-meaning. But that's not what I meant. Let me repeat what it is that I think MUST seem a VERY embarrassing admission for you, given your confession of Kerry support which has never been in doubt, as far I've read from what you've posted in this thread:

Quote:

Have you had a chance to look up that quote from Macbeth? Have you had a chance to look up the word - outsourcing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 28 of 33

Jump to: