SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VETERANS DAY PARADE FEEDBACK WANTED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: VETERANS DAY PARADE FEEDBACK WANTED Reply with quote

Any thoughts out there on swiftvet supporters applying for an application to march in this years vet day parade on nov 11th?
I ride every year in it and always a pretty good turnout of spectators.
Unfortunately it's after election but no matter the outcome we're a proud family here.
feedback please.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/vets/downloads/pdf/vet_day_parade_application_form_2004.pdf
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically veterans don't get off on Veterans Day because we usually have jobs. I have always had to work while the hippies and liberals got off. This year probably won't be any different.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: A parade...finally! Reply with quote

Vietnam Veterans should be represented in ALL Veterans Day Parades and ALWAYS should have been. We, the American People, as a whole allowed them to be ignored, shunned and nearly forgotten. We must not let the curtain of silence be closed again on these brave men and women. Thanks to the Swift Boat Vets, Vietnam Vets and POW's for Truth groups for reminding us all. Granted, many of these folks may not feel like participating in a "parade" that long since past them by, but I for one will never again "ignore or forget" them. They are long overdue their "parade" and "gratitude" from this nation and it's citizens.

We live in East Tennessee and have a big Veterans Day Parade, and Patriot Week, celebrating Americas heroes. I'd love to help a group of Vietnam Veterans put something together for the week. PM if anyone is nearby and we can work on it.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
...I have always had to work while the hippies and liberals got off....
I also have wondered why the hippies and liberals seem never to have work responsibilities. I'm retired now and may go to one just to find out why.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could go as supporter, but I couldn't afford it.

Quote:
I also have wondered why the hippies and liberals seem never to have work responsibilities.

I bet that they are financed by organizations that are recipients of the money of Soros types and unions.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: