SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will many democrats get cold feet on election day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Will many democrats get cold feet on election day? Reply with quote

Most democrats are reasonable people, and certainly they want to live in safety and comfort. Most are loyal to their party. But I have a hunch that party loyalty will take a back seat to the grave concerns about Kerry's ability to fight terrorism, and Kerry's overall weirdness that nobody can deny.

I think in many cases when push comes to shove and they are about to cast that vote, the presidential vote will go for Bush, and they will vote democrat straight down otherwise.

Who has the stomach to vote for Kerry? Even in my liberal days of youth I wouldn't have voted for this creep. I did vote for McGovern, and though he was a liberal, he was also a good man of integrity and honor. There was none of this sleaziness that is associated with Kerry, and McGovern was no more a flipper than any other politician.

Zell Miller
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there will probably be more people then usual having a change of heart in the voting booth. I think a lot of middle of the road Democrats will end out closet Bush voters and may be already.
MissPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree. I happened across a blog by a democrat voting for Bush. He's put off by Kerry and doesn't think he'd be a good leader in the fight against terror.

And get this........he lives in Seattle!!!!!! I'm NE of Seattle and know how liberal this state is. He lives in fear alot.

I think alot of democrats feel the same way. And I think they're afraid of the backlash if they voice it.

Their voices will be heard on Nov 2nd though.

Cool
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Some democrats are going to vote in secret for W. They will wait for 2008. And come to think about it, have we ever seen this many come out and say they are voting for a republican (like the former mayor of NYC). I have not.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the dems will have cold feet on election day but I know I will. I am in Minnesota where it could be 60 degrees or 10 with snow on election day. Either way, when I go to vote I am wearing my flip-flops to the polls. Just a subtle statement to those around me where I stand.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never have voted for McGovern, but he, at least, is a decent,
honest man who was a true (as opposed to fake) war hero.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: