SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's main advistor on Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Kerry's main advistor on Iraq Reply with quote

Kerry's main advistor on Iraq, Richard Holbrooke just said Iraq reminds him of Vietnam. He was an advistor to Johnson on Vietnam.
air force brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help us if Kerry wins this election and he becomes Secty of State. Dick Holbrook was an invesment banker in my firm several years ago; I despised him then and I despise him even more now. Saw him on BOR and he tried to dodge the question about Kerry voting against the first Gulf War. Didn't have much of an answer other than to say that he wanted to work through the UN.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:
God help us if Kerry wins this election and he becomes Secty of State. Dick Holbrook was an invesment banker in my firm several years ago; I despised him then and I despise him even more now. Saw him on BOR and he tried to dodge the question about Kerry voting against the first Gulf War. Didn't have much of an answer other than to say that he wanted to work through the UN.

He was on a Vietnam Documentary on PBS and in effect said when we first got in Vietnam he was thrilled and hoped the war wouldn't be over until he could get in country. He talked about war movies with John Wayne and said he wanted to be in a real war. The problem is he was just a diplomat and did none of the fighting. He wanted other young Americans to die so he could play John Wayne .
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holbrooke is a major PITA! I have yet to hear him answer a direct question without skirting around, completely changing the subject, and leaving me to say--Huh?
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holbrooke is a major PITA! I have yet to hear him answer a direct question without skirting around, completely changing the subject, and leaving me to say--Huh?
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bystander wrote:

Holbrooke is much more than a major PITA. He's really the south end of a donkey headed north, and the same stuff comes out! Would you buy a used car from this person? I thought not. Twisted Evil
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is more like a PAB---a punk arse b**ch, people like him are this country's worst nightmare.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me find this. I saw somewhere on this board or a link from this board to something which said Al-Jazeera was allowed to broadcast from the Democratic National Convention. Anyone have a link to this? When BOR was going on about Al-Jazeera being allowed to broadcast from this country and giving Holbrooke a pass on this, I was wondering why he wasn't pinning him on the Democrats allowing them to broadcast from their convention. Looks like a great lead in for a letter to dear BOR, but want to check facts first.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, they were there. it's on their website, the ******** made them take their banner down, wonder why.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9FD55FF1-CD66-40BC-8453-C65D9CE709BE.htm
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
yes, they were there. it's on their website, the democrats made them take their banner down, wonder why.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9FD55FF1-CD66-40BC-8453-C65D9CE709BE.htm

Thanks!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air force brat wrote:

I strongly disagree with his view and his BS. God, please saves this election from the Democrats.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holbrooke is also a TRAITOR.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holbrooke was unable to explain Kerry's reason for not supporting the first gulf war to oust Saddam from Kuwait (even with UN backing), and to prevent his probable invasion of Saudia Arabia and block his aim to dominate and brutalize the entire region. This was a clear and present danger to the United States and the industrialized world of the highest order.

It is evident that this Kerry vote in '91, along with his comments in support of UN control of US troops, and his infamous "global test", are indefensible positions when viewed together. Not even his future "Secretary of State" can produce a plausible explanation... hopefully this will be hammered home in the next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: