SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK--TIME TO VOTE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: OK--TIME TO VOTE!!! Reply with quote

For everyone on this board, let's start Monday by going to vote early...don't procrastinate! Then gently nudge those who are voting for Bush...there are a lot of people that say I am going to vote and they wind up putting it off and then not going. Time to get the ball rolling!
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already sent in my AB. Working in a precinct other than my own election day. Also pushed my neighbor to vote absentee because she was on the fence on whether she'd be out of town on business. 2 votes=GWB.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I already voted this past Monday at 8:30 AM.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both my sons have been pro kerry since michael moore's film. Evil or Very Mad I have had to listen to that drivel for so long. Evil or Very Mad But don't give up. I found out last night, both my sons are voting for W b/c mainly b/c of my feelings. Last night I sent the link to Stolen honor to them and talked non stop about it. They can relate b/c one was in koSovo and they both know their father and I have intense feelings about Vietnam.
I wish i was in Ohio/ or a swing state, I would get out and help. I hate sitting here feeling helpless. Being inTexas, W's home state , well, it won't even be close race here. But, we also have the senators to look out for. The texas Democrats made the news last year I believe, by doing a walk out . It all had to do with redistricting. I believe it somehow gave the repbs an advantage. ( or at least that is the dems version) So i voted straight Rep party. Hope to lose some of those Dems.
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I voted yesterday..Two more for W! But he won't have any trouble in Texas! Sounds like those poor people in Florida (Drudge)are having major voter intimidation from Rabid Dems. Where are OUR 10,000 lawyers???
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that. 2 more in the W column. Of course here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, It's more of a protest vote Rolling Eyes
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
I wish i was in Ohio/ or a swing state, I would get out and help. I hate sitting here feeling helpless. Being inTexas, W's home state , well, it won't even be close race here. But, we also have the senators to look out for.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm in Georgia which has suddenly fallen in love with the Republican party (even before Zell). It will be a large W win and the Senator's race, the same way. The only loss is the Democratic candidate for Senate is the same one who defeated Cynthia McKinney in 2002. For the life of me, I can't figure out why she decided to give up that position and give it back to Cynthia (as Boortz calls her "the cutest little Communist in Washington). She never even had a SMALL hope of winning. So we'll be getting Cynthia back, trading one Democrat for a Communist. Watch for her on the aise of every State of the Union, Aisle Bird as we call her here.

If there is anyone reading this from Georgia, I would like some clear explanation of the constitutional ammendment on the ballot about the Supreme Court of Georgia and courts from other states or the federal government. We need to help our daughter with her absentee ballot and get it to her to sign in time to get back and be counted.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to vote on Wednesday wearing a President Bush T-shirt.

I was told to go home to change or turn the T-shirt upside down. That is the law.

I did neither, I just take off my T-shirt. Some voters were very happy and some just mad as hell.

Kerry is right, there is 2 America: one the communist pigs, the other is the rest of us.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota doesn't have early voting, but I will be there on Nov. 2. You can't wear anything that is directly campaigning for anyone, but as I have posted before, I am going to the polls in my loudest pair of flip flops and just walk around for a while. I sure hope it doesn't snow that day.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
Minnesota doesn't have early voting, but I will be there on Nov. 2. You can't wear anything that is directly campaigning for anyone, but as I have posted before, I am going to the polls in my loudest pair of flip flops and just walk around for a while. I sure hope it doesn't snow that day.

I have a good feeling about Minnesota. This may be BC04 own little internal suprise. Soros and DNC didnt put as much voter registration effort into MN because they though it was a lock. Plus the lack of early voting I think helps. Its trending Bush and there is popular Democratic mayor of one of the twin cities that endorsed Bush. I hope you Minnesotans are working hard.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesdays's child---get a copy of Fahrenhype911 for your boys to see. You can go to Newsmax.com and find it somewhere on that site.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now rent Farenhype 911 at most blockbusters too
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted today. The touch screen computers allow the voter to vote for one candidate and then change the vote by selecting another candidate. So I actually voted for Kerry before I voted for Bush.

Last edited by ranch hand on Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
Being inTexas, W's home state , well, it won't even be close race here. But, we also have the senators to look out for. The texas Democrats made the news last year I believe, by doing a walk out . It all had to do with redistricting. I believe it somehow gave the repbs an advantage. ( or at least that is the dems version) So i voted straight Rep party. Hope to lose some of those Dems.

I hope there are a lot more like that. cause it's what i did too. Smile A lot of Texans never really knew how much damage those stunts did. Although they left over redistricting, there were a lot of other votes and funding that did not happen.
The left home health care underfunded and lots of folks in that field lost jobs. A lot of folks that needed home healthcare are suffering now, also.
I'll never vote for another dem after the damage and suffering they caused.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armybrat wrote:
Been there, done that. 2 more in the W column. Of course here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, It's more of a protest vote Rolling Eyes

Got an e-mail from a friend he called it Kerryfonia... Laughing
As for me, sad to say my birth state, is now known as 'The Land Fruits, Nuts and Flakes'...it's a whole box of cereal... Rolling Eyes

My husband in deployed to the Persian Gulf on the JFK and he has voted already one more 'W' in Florida. I've voted already in Indiana another for 'W'

OOH_YAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: