SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voter Intimidation at Early Voting places

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Voter Intimidation at Early Voting places Reply with quote

The Kerry campaign thugs are at it again. Evil or Very Mad I have never seen such unbelievable, distasteful (and I believe ILLEGAL) behavior - 'grabbing people'??? Bush supporters need to stand up, and VOTE - when you go to vote, take your cell phones with you to call the police if you need to, take a video / camcorder with you to the voting precinct, take a friend(s) with you - look them in the eye (they hate that!) and go vote. DO NOT LET THEM INTIMIDATE YOU - BUSH hasn't let them, why should we???

Crap, I (5'4", 125lbs.) have faced down dogs ready to tear my leg off - a good stern "NO" yelled at them, a firm look in the eye (and the threat of getting kicked in the throat Shocked ), has always backed them down (well, so far). DO NOT BACK DOWN, AND THEY will run away yelping like a little chihuaha.

I have volunteered to be a poll watcher here in Wisconsin on Nov. 2nd. I'm scared to death Shocked , but I want to make a difference, so I'm GOING TO DO IT (and carry my cell phone w/ me! Smile )
Come ON people, if I can do it, you can too!

I can't believe this is going on in the United States of America. Crying or Very sad
Story here:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link directly to the Sun-Times story, since the Powerline entry will move when they make new posts.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any veterans or anyone that cares about the truth needs to be at these poling places on Novemeber 2nd....and anywhere that early voting is going on...

As the story in the Sun Times shows these people will stop nothing to STEAL this election. Watch, observe and call the police if you see any of this!
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone here has not voted yet, when they go to vote take a camera with them. If you see anything like this type of thing, take a picture of it and immediately call the closest Bush/Republican office.

I keep a camera in my car and have been driving by several of the early voting places when I am out and about running errands. I live in a fairly predominately Republican area where if anyone started that, the cops would be down on them like well you know. But we have had problems with sign stealing and other things. They come out in the dead of night. We have heard that members of the Frost campaign are wearing t-shirts with Frost on them and getting closer to the entrance than the 100 feet required. I will take pictures if I see that.

Another thing, I stopped at a couple of polling places and talked to the workers there. Did not tell them who I was for, which they asked, but told them that I had a camera and would be keeping an eye out for any type of illegal activities by the campaigns and WOULD be taking pictures and reporting the violations to the appropriate authority. When they asked who I was for, I told them it didn't matter that illegal activities were illegal activities regardless of the party.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea on the camera - I'll buy a disposable, in case someone tries to take it. I think if someone was 'grabbing' me at a polling station, I would call the cops and have them arrested for 'assault'. It's only a misdemeanor I guess, but it would still go on their record, and maybe even negate their ability to vote! The guys that threw pies at Ann Coulter got arrested and charged with assault, so I assume 'grabbing' someone falls under the same category.

I'm sooo dissapointed in these people acting like this.... I'm even more dissappointed that some of the Bush supporters walked away. I hope they come back at a different time to vote, and don't be so completely afraid that they don't vote. Rolling Eyes

Hell, compared to this kind of thuggery, the Afghanistan voting looked like a peace march!! Rolling Eyes
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: