SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George Will On election fraud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: George Will On election fraud Reply with quote

George Will On election fraud

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/will/s_264984.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord, help us:

George Will wrote:
Given such measures, perhaps we should not be surprised that, as Fund reports, since 1995, Philadelphia's population has declined 13 percent but registered voters have increased 24 percent. Are we sure we should we be pleased?

The unexamined belief that an ever-higher rate of voter registration is a Good Thing has met its limit in the center of the state that this year is the center of the political universe -- Ohio. The U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 estimate is that in Franklin County -- Columbus -- there are approximately 815,000 people 18 or over. But 845,720 are now registered.

rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you all warm and tingly inside heh? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's damn near impossible to get dead people to switch political parties! Wink
RogerRabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rememer when I turned 21 (not 18 ) (wow 51 years ago) and I registered to vote I had to show proof of residency and citizenship. Should be that way now .

Billy boy Clinton had this in mind wjhen he came up with the votor motor act - just fraud looking for a place to happen
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: voting Reply with quote

correct me if I am wrong, but when you vote you have to go up to an assistant andd have your name crossed off list, before voting we always have to do that, I don't understand how they can add those on that don't turn up
kmudd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM just looks the other way. I can't believe it.
kmudd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: voting Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
correct me if I am wrong, but when you vote you have to go up to an assistant andd have your name crossed off list, before voting we always have to do that, I don't understand how they can add those on that don't turn up

This is the real reason most Liberal precents kept the punchcard system.It is really easy to just use an ice pick to make 500 more votes for your guy by just lining up the punch cards and pushing an ice pick though them.
kmudd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

http://www.literatureview.com/politics/pol_meansascent.html

Nowhere in Texas was the purchase of men more commonplace than in the city of San Antonio and in John wells, Duval and counties south and east of the city. Caro describes it this way. "‘Campaigning was no good any more,’ Ed Clark says. ‘We have to pick up some votes.’ Votes in the numbers needed couldn’t be picked up by conventional methods, he says. ‘We need blocs. Ethnic groups—that was the place to go… That meant into the Mexican country: the Rio Grande River, the border…"

In San Antonio, Sheriff Owen Kilday was Johnson’s man. "Election Day work was handled by Kilday’s numerous deputy sheriffs. They would be responsible for hiring cars and drivers to round up Mexican-American and get them to the polls—and to make sure they voted correctly—and, Connally says, "they had a standard rate for a car and a driver, and they were paid handsomely: $250 for some deputies, $500 for others…’"

However, it was in Jim Wells County, that the infamous ballot box of Precinct 13 was to play a pivotal role in electing Johnson to the Senate. In Jim Wells, Duval and the other adjoining counties, the Duke of Duval, George Parr was the man who determined who got elected and who didn’t. It was Johnson’s hard luck that Parr had switched his vote in Johnson’s first Senate bid and thus lost Johnson the election. Now, the same George Parr, sufficiently paid by Johnson’s camp and with no offers from the Stevenson camp delivered the election to Johnson.

The description of the maneuvering to get Johnson the necessary plurality is a better education in the way of 20th Century politics than any textbook will ever duplicate. The men who stuffed the boxes , willingly provided the details of the theft. They were men like Luis "Indio" Salas, George Parr’s feared muscle. In their old age when Caro interviewed them and certainly longing for some piece of history, nevertheless, they came with enough evidence to corroborate their stories. Stevenson was not blind to the thievery either. When all the votes in the election were counted, Johnson had 494,191 and Stevenson had 494,104 a difference of 87 votes and they all came from Precinct 13.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's damn near impossible to get dead people to switch political parties!

Family pets and cartoon characters as well Laughing
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got an idea Wink Since we seem to have an embarassing overabundance of support for GWB in Texas, maybe some of us could catch the bus to OH & PA. We'd not shave or bathe, and once there we'd camp out under the Interstate overpasses. Maybe we could fool some of those overzealous Get Out the Vote people to set us up (feed us?), bus us to the local polls, and arrange for our registration and everything. Then we could vote for GWB as often as they encouraged us to, and for however long they had arranged the bus. Laughing

Wha'da'ya'think? Would it work?
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that would be a good idea. But knowing the Kollaid drinkers they would put a camera on ya to make sure you voted correctly. I want to see EVERYONE have to show a valid state issued ID inorder to be let into the polls. Or even the low tech approach and dip a thumb in ultra violet ink. Anything would be better than what we have now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: