SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American from Germany says the shoe fits...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: American from Germany says the shoe fits... Reply with quote

From PowerLine on political intimidation in Colorado:

Quote:
Whether one sees the political mayhem going on hereabouts as an ominous attempt to suppress free speech, or as “harmless civil disobedience” to quote Vail Daily writer Matt Zalaznick, has been a hot topic in the county newspapers’ editorial pages.

But for some, the issue has become all too real.

Virginia Rose, an octogenarian who’s been a county resident for 27 years, likes to socialize with her friends at the Senior Center in Eagle where she’s been hearing some pretty disturbing talk lately.

“Somebody with a Bush bumper sticker had their car window broken out,” she says, “and now others are saying they’re afraid to have signs and stickers for Bush.”

The cars of Eagle-Vail resident Gunther Schmidt and his daughter had their Bush-Cheney bumper stickers scratched off, but he just stuck new ones right back on. Originally from Germany, Schmidt knows well the history of Hitler’s fascist movement and says the analogy fits.

“It starts kind of slow and easy with little things but can escalate into something more,” he comments. “I can see people being threatened by it, and becoming afraid that someone will do something to them. I thought we lived in a free country where you could express your opinion in a nonviolent way, without being punished for it.”

Schmidt advises standing firm and defying the attacks. “I would say to continue to show your support for whoever you are supporting – don’t give up because we can’t allow this country to go backwards.”

Is the DNC website selling brown shirts yet?
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Savage talks a lot about this on his radio show, that the Democrats are now resorting to Nazi tactics of intimidation and bullying.

For the last few days, I lost track of how many Bush/Cheney campaign offices have been broken into.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: American from Germany says the shoe fits... Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
From PowerLine on political intimidation in Colorado:

Quote:
Whether one sees the political mayhem going on hereabouts as an ominous attempt to suppress free speech, or as “harmless civil disobedience” to quote Vail Daily writer Matt Zalaznick, has been a hot topic in the county newspapers’ editorial pages.

But for some, the issue has become all too real.

Virginia Rose, an octogenarian who’s been a county resident for 27 years, likes to socialize with her friends at the Senior Center in Eagle where she’s been hearing some pretty disturbing talk lately.

“Somebody with a Bush bumper sticker had their car window broken out,” she says, “and now others are saying they’re afraid to have signs and stickers for Bush.”

The cars of Eagle-Vail resident Gunther Schmidt and his daughter had their Bush-Cheney bumper stickers scratched off, but he just stuck new ones right back on. Originally from Germany, Schmidt knows well the history of Hitler’s fascist movement and says the analogy fits.

“It starts kind of slow and easy with little things but can escalate into something more,” he comments. “I can see people being threatened by it, and becoming afraid that someone will do something to them. I thought we lived in a free country where you could express your opinion in a nonviolent way, without being punished for it.”

Schmidt advises standing firm and defying the attacks. “I would say to continue to show your support for whoever you are supporting – don’t give up because we can’t allow this country to go backwards.”

Is the DNC website selling brown shirts yet?

I worked for Eagle River Water And Sanitation for 2 years and found that the Influx of Out of staters seemed to bring the worst kind of liberal garbage to Eagle valley. All the Liberal bags of barf moving to the Colorado Mountains to get the Rocky mountain high is sickening. Some of the worst Offenders are not classable as they range from the snoobs that wear thier Vail 99 hats and assume themselves "intellectuals" to the lowly crew in Redcliff.
The Vail Daily is a rag that insites this type of behaviour I am not surprised.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge number of people from California have moved in, it's unreal. Then you still have the hippie hermits, with blown out brains from the 60's, but they usually can't find the polling sites.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those at the water facility I worked at used to really complain and try to come down on me about being Republican. What really sent-em over the edge is how I reminded them that they would not have employment had it not been for Nixon and the clean water act.
You are correct though the California people have truelly tarnished the "Gore Valley".
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Gore Mountain? Reply with quote

Hello Spiess,

Do you know how Gore Mountain got its name? I've always wondered about that.

Cazador
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
Michael Savage talks a lot about this on his radio show, that the Democrats are now resorting to Nazi tactics of intimidation and bullying.

For the last few days, I lost track of how many Bush/Cheney campaign offices have been broken into.

Does it have something to do with his Global Test?

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture says it all! Twisted Evil

Hey, Knighthawk; how did you insert that picture?
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Gore Mountain? Reply with quote

Cazador wrote:
Hello Spiess,

Do you know how Gore Mountain got its name? I've always wondered about that.

Cazador

Actually I do not know but I will see if I can find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: