SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some good news about the Katie Couric Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somebunny
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Some good news about the Katie Couric Interview Reply with quote

On another board I frequent, they were talking about the Katie Couric interview with Kerry. One poster said that she was really undecided until she watched that interview. Katie asked how Kerry could say he was "unchanged" after 9/11 and Kerry, of course, didn't answer the question like usual.

Anyways...this is what that undecided voter said...I am sorry how could anyone who has a heart not have been affected or changed by that day. Come on show a little compassion on something. Does this man not have any feelings or a heart. I am assuming not after that interview.

That's one less undecided who is going to vote for Bush now! Hopefully there will be a whole lot more out there! Laughing

Here is the question that Katie asked from the transcript on MSNBC:

Couric: I was surprised in the New York Times Magazine that you said that you had not been changed by 9/11. That's something the president brought up in his radio address this weekend. Do you regret saying that? Because at first blush, one can't imagine not being changed by that day.

Sen. Kerry: I knew that terror was a problem. And I wrote a book about it eight years ago. Having been to war and been through what I went through, it rekindled in me the same kind of responses. But it didn't change. It made me intent on winning. That was something that I knew as a response to the war I fought in — that we have to win.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Kerry: 9/11..didn't change me...just, I have to win.
amazing how his mind works in a straight line...always ends with his need to win. ME, myself, and I.

He has not demonstrated one moment of compassion for any 9/11 victims except for bringing them out to support him. It is suppose to be the other way around! All his references to 9/11 are about HIM and his NEED to WIN.
You are hurt? Then vote for ME.

You can't walk? Then vote for ME.

You lost your job? Then vote for ME.

See, all these people have problems so vote for ME.

He is obnoxious. WAKE UP AMERICA! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is relying on every other answer of "I was in Vietnam" -- I think the Swift Vets and POWS for Truth have blown that answer out of the water (higher than the 3 boat flew) --- but John "Fraud" Kerry has nothing better to offer.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really IS sad no matter what question is asked he ALWAYS goes back to the whole Vietnam thing....as though that makes him walk on water because he was in a war for 4 months.

I think she could have asked him if he thought UFOs and aliens were real and he would have said "well, I felt like a real alien while I was fighting in Vietnam and some of those bombs falling looked like UFOs.....SO VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Rolling Eyes
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are hundreds of thousands of Vietnam vets out there who CAN say "That reminds me of when I was in Vietnam." This goldbrickin' bastard didn't have to endure being spit on, called a baby killer, being treated as a sub-human and treated as a psycho. Hell no he didn't, because he caused the rest of us to be treated that way!!!

Anyone who can honestly say that September 11th did not affect them is such a gross unfeeling, callous and morally vacant waste of oxygen. I cannot fathom how any reasonable thinking person could cast a vote for this dispicable human being.

The Eurofacists want us to fight their battles for them. J. F'ing Kerry wants the UN to GIVE PERMISSION for us to fight at all. It's fine, in this morons eyes, for US troops to die for the UN, but not for them to die defending America?????????

WTFO?

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more good news from my point of view.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/25/110539.shtml

Imagine people believing this, not only can walk on water now he promises no more terror. Exactly where might his power come from????

This from and man who writes UN fairy tales.
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Some good news about the Katie Couric Interview Reply with quote

Somebunny wrote:

Sen. Kerry: I knew that terror was a problem. And I wrote a book about it eight years ago..

Since I did not remember that K wrote a book on terror - I checked it our on Amazon - and yes, I know about Amazon's bias...

Here are some reviews.. They all seem to point to a book on international crime - not terriorism. Only one reviewer mentions a chapter on terrorism.

From Library Journal
In a cursory overview of international crime, Senator Kerry (D-Mass.) implausibly calls for foreign criminal law to be imported into the United States to prosecute nationals of other countries who plan crimes here then conduct them abroad. His rationale is that weak or corrupt countries cannot effectively prosecute crimes committed within their jurisdictions. At the same time, he suggests that crimes committed against Americans abroad be prosecuted here in "special courts." He also calls for transnational asset forfeiture, in which victimized countries would share in the forfeiture of assets seized in cooperating jurisdictions. While well intentioned, the book is short on specifics and contains no revelations about international crime. For general audiences.?Harry Charles, Attorney at Law, St. Louis, Mo.
Copyright 1997 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From Kirkus Reviews
From one of the nation's top experts on international crime, Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.), comes a fascinating overview of the newest generation of criminals and crimes that threaten America. When average Americans think of a crime syndicate, they probably think of the old-style Italian Mafia of movies like Donnie Brasco. That, plus declining homicide figures nationwide, threatens to lull us into a false sense of security. According to Kerry, who until this year was the chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics and International Operations, the menace of global crime is greater than ever before. In a richly anecdotal book drawn from his tenure as an insider in the war against crime, Kerry details the newest quintuplet of dangers, which he calls ``The Big Five'': the Italian Mafia, the Russian mobs, the Japanese Yakuza, the Chinese triads, and the Colombian drug cartels. He devotes chapters to each of these threats and explains their growing influence and the ominous signs of transcontinental cooperation among them. Of their significance, Kerry writes: ``In strategy, sophistication and reach the criminal organizations of the late twentieth century function like transnational corporations and make the gangs of the past look like mom-and-pop operations.'' Other chapters are devoted to modern crimes like terrorism, money laundering, and illegal immigration, which the senator says threaten our very way of life. Kerry outlines a plan for meeting the new dangers, which includes the globalization of law enforcement and a ``reengineering of international law'' to allow countries to work together to fight criminals who ignore borders. At its worst moments, the book smells like a political pitch for the 2000 presidential race; at its best, it is a bold call to arms that Americans should not miss. -- Copyright ©1997, Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved.

Card catalog description
The New War is a powerful warning that global crime is robbing us not only of our money but also of our way of life. As a result of his Senate investigations and access to law enforcement agencies, Senator John Kerry has seen the dark world of dirty money, violence, and corruption up close. In this groundbreaking book, he describes global crime organizations from Asia to South America, Europe to Africa, and shows why they have become one of the greatest threats to our national security. Kerry takes us inside major crime organizations that now operate on the global stage: the Russian "Mafiya," which includes much of the old Soviet KGB; the Chinese triads, whose tentacles reach into many American cities; the Colombian drug cartels; the Japanese yakuza; and the Sicilian Mafia. Most important, in The New War Kerry maintains that the aim of the global crime lords is to gain control of the very institutions that are the core of civil society - the courts, legislatures, banks, and media in their own countries as well as in the nations where they operate. And he demonstrates how an antiquated legal system is struggling to fight twenty-first-century criminal enterprises. This is a hard-hitting and critical assessment of current government policies for dealing with international crime. Kerry reveals the failures of both diplomacy and nerve that have crippled leaders in Washington and other Western capitals, as well as in Moscow and Beijing. He explains how law enforcement and judicial institutions must be reformed structurally to defeat vicious criminals. His recommendations are specific: Shut down offshore banks that launder and shelter criminal profits; regulate electronic money transfers; expand the scope of extraterritorial jurisdiction for major crimes committed against a country's citizens overseas; use the CIA and other intelligence services to penetrate global crime organizations; share the seized assets of international criminals with governments that cooperate in fighting global crime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/B0001FZGN0/103-2131299-5853446?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=507846
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when and how did he become an expert on international crime? Ah, actually I don't care. I wouldn't believe a thing he wrote or said or what those reviewers wrote.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Kerry, who until this year was the chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Narcotics and International Operations, the menace of global crime is greater than ever before....

Hmm, isn't this the selfsame committee that the record shows he missed at least three quarters (76%) of the open door meetings, and refuses to disclose his attendance records of the closed door meetings he attended (sound familiar?)?

Why would he want to hide his record of attendance at the one Senate committee most involved with national security and terrorism? Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is usually the correct one: he missed most of those meetings too. I am surprised he even knows who Osama Bin Laden is, much less where is was at any time during the war.

Everything Kerry and his campaign says has to be parsed and verified for the truth, because the MSM won't do it.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooter wrote:
There are hundreds of thousands of Vietnam vets out there who CAN say "That reminds me of when I was in Vietnam." This goldbrickin' bastard didn't have to endure being spit on, called a baby killer, being treated as a sub-human and treated as a psycho. Hell no he didn't, because he caused the rest of us to be treated that way!!!

Anyone who can honestly say that September 11th did not affect them is such a gross unfeeling, callous and morally vacant waste of oxygen. I cannot fathom how any reasonable thinking person could cast a vote for this dispicable human being.

The Eurofacists want us to fight their battles for them. J. F'ing Kerry wants the UN to GIVE PERMISSION for us to fight at all. It's fine, in this morons eyes, for US troops to die for the UN, but not for them to die defending America?????????

WTFO?

My thoughts too. Effin Kerry is the worst candidate the dems have ever nominated. Its hard to believe he is actually a candidate for president and not in jail for treason. Nixon should have jailed him when he had the chance. Then again, if he did go to jail it would have given him time to write his own version of Mein Kampf.

Zell Miller
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Some good news about the Katie Couric Interview Reply with quote

OK Lady, it makes perfect sense that when asked about terrorism, JK refers to his book on the subject, a book about international crime. This is how Kerry wants to deal with Islamofascism, let loose the mighty dogs of law enforcement to "fight" the problem/nuiscance. Trouble is thats how Clinton dealt with WTC I in '93 and what did that accomplish? I'll tell you what...it taught Islamo-wackos the USA is a paper tiger who will not retaliate against us. Our Islamic brothers in prision get three hots and a cot, that beats the heck out of the h*llhole caves we live in! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, WW2--Kerry's Plan to Fight Terrorism: Indict them and force them to hire expensive lawyers from John Hair's law firm.

And to answer the question about when John Kerry became an expert in International Crime: Well, natch, when he started hanging out with John Soros and the rest of the International Crime Syndicate. They taught him everything he knows. Twisted Evil
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the book that I was referring to in my post above was not altogether his.... this article refers to the book and cites passages which are darn close to previously written works..

http://www.nysun.com/article/3775

gees... if this person manages to get elected, this site can continue as a means to evalate and debunk everything that comes out of his mouth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: