SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE MOST IMMORAL POLITICAL AD EVER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: THE MOST IMMORAL POLITICAL AD EVER Reply with quote

I just saw on CNN what I consider the most immoral political advertisement I have ever seen.
Of course it was an anti-Bush ad.
It had a young man who had returned from the war in Iraq.
I don't remember it in detail, but it was something like this:
The young man says: "We were sent to find weapons of mass destruction of destruction, but they weren't there."
Then he says a couple more similar statements, and ends both of them with, "but they weren't there."
Then he says, "What did I say when my friends asked, "What happened to your arm?", but the words just weren't there."
For shock value, THEN IT SHOWS THE STUB WHERE HIS ARM USED TO BE. (He obviously lost his arm in the Iraq war).
It gave his name, Robert Acosta or something like that.
It was by an 527 called "Organization for Truth" or something like that.
I can't believe they would be so sleazy to show something like this, especially when we have men in harm's way in Iraq at this very moment.
This stuff obviously works on dumb people who can be easily manipulated emotionally.
Of course he has the right to his opinion, and I can understand him being angry. I guess the only things that matters to some people is winning an election.
Has anyone else seen this? I'd be interested in your opinion.
It really ticked me off.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya thats some 527called------blank-for-truth.
Ive heard it talked about but havn't seen that add. Thats discusting,sleezy, and a lie! Maybe we need some Viet Widows to make a commercial. Nevermind that because that would be to sleezy, those dirtbags make me sick. Im going to look around for thier address, Ill post if I can find it. Evil or Very Mad
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I deleted my post, it could have been preceived as cruel).

I still agree that the ad stinks.

Last edited by msindependent on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that ad played ONCE in NV. It was in such bad taste it outraged most of us.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for the Sodier who lost his arm in this Ad. I think his perspective on why he was in Iraq is way off the mark though.
Another Soldier being used for anothers Political Gain, hmmm sounds familiar somehow Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter left for Iraq last week, (waahhhhh!!! Istillcanttalkaboutherleavinghowcanthisbesheismylittlegirl WAHHHH!!) but before she left she was getting some of her training at Walter Reed. She told me they had some of the worst cases there for rehab, and all the soldiers were upbeat and positive about why they went.

And my son reports that morale is very high in Iraq.

So either my kids are lying to me, or they are nuts, or the media and Kerry are lying to us non-stop. I saw some garbage about soldiers in Iraq on CNN last week that about caused me to hurl my coffee cup right through my television set. Now I know how my mom must have felt during the Vietnam war.

I can barely stand to watch TV anymore.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless you and your family, Kimmy.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, 2ndamendsis. I can'tbelieveshewenttoIraqIwouldn'tevenlethercrossthestreetbyherselfuntilshewas10yearsold

That's pretty much what the inside of my head looks like all the time, now. This is even worse than when my son went.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

And God save us from John Kerry and the OIM.

If John Kerry is elected I am going to comandeer a plane, make the pilot take me to Iraq, land in Baghdad, hunt down my kids ,and tell them to "GET YOUR HAPPY REAR END IN THE PLANE RIGHT NOW" like I used to do when they would tell me they were going to the library and I would find them over at someone's house with the someone's parents out of town. "GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW, YOUNG MAN!" Will become "GET IN THIS PLANE RIGHT NOW, LIEUTENANTS!"

Sigh.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP needs a quick counter, show the great job the US military has done by way of refurbishing the country and the people affected by Saddam's regime.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP could use essentially the same words with a few changes. Like "The WMD weren't there, they had been moved to Siria." Or ending with "I went there to free people living in fear, and they were there, they were there."
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick web search showed that none other than Jesse Ventura helped organize this group, Operation Truth. They claim they are not speaking out against the war, but about the war.

The founder, Army National Guard 1st Lt. Paul Rieckhoff, was a platoon leader in Iraq and has criticized President Bush in comments distributed by John Kerry's presidential campaign.

This sounds like nothing more than a newer version of VVAW. Maybe they'll even have a younger Fonda join in.

Jesse Ventura just keeps sinking lower and lower.

Article about Ventura and Operation Truth

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0825-02.htm
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else we could expect? All from Kerry's camp are immoral anyway. The question is, why those "polls" only indicate a slight lead by Bush. I do know that about 20% of Americans are so ignorant that they can't even locate Washington DC on the US map. And 5% of the population are crazy people--anarchists. So, it is hopeless to expect them know about Kerry. I talked to a voter who claim to be independent today and she said that Kerry is a nice and honest guy. I asked, how do you know that he is honest. She said, "I don't know". Goodness, is this the way the so-called independent voters think?
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac-while you're there "GRAB MY BABY BOY' He's the tall one with a beautiful smile.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't we all thankful they didn't have 527's back in WWII?
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: soldier Reply with quote

It played in Missouri too, about two weeks ago. It made me sick. I've only seen it once. I put a post up when it aired here. How Low Can They GO?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: