SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROB THE VOTE 2004 IN OHIO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: ROB THE VOTE 2004 IN OHIO? Reply with quote

Rob the vote 2004 butterfly ballet: Redux in Ohio?
Voting card makes Kerry choice clear, but punch hole for President Bush not near name.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41090

In a situation reminiscent of the infamous butterfly-ballot troubles in Florida during the 2000 election, a similar ballot in the battleground state of Ohio is set to equally confuse voters of that state, with President Bush's supporters claiming it puts their candidate at a distinct disadvantage.

The box for voters to punch on the Cuyahoga County ballot to choose Democrat John Kerry for president is directly across from his name. The box to punch for Bush, however, is nowhere near his name on the ballot.

Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney are designated as ticket No. 4. The corresponding box marked No. 4, however, is much higher on the ballot. The presidential candidates are listed in such a way that Kerry-Edwards, No. 6, are listed directly across from the box marked No. 6, as pointed out by MensNewsDaily.com.

Cuyahoga County ballot. (Image: MensNewsDaily.com)

The ballot confusion is reminiscent of the Palm Beach, Fla., ballot four years ago. During that election, many voters reportedly were confused by the arrows on the ballot and the corresponding punch holes. Consequently, many election analysts believe Reform Party candidate Pat Buchanan likely received thousands of votes that were meant for Gore.

The presidential race in Ohio is expected to be tight. Talon News reported Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell said he expects a heavy turnout and noted that there are 833,000 new voters set to cast ballots this year.

The Demacrats is trying to steal the election.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ballot in Ohio is much worse than the butterfly ballot in Florida. If you look at the butterfly ballot it is a little bit confusing, but most people of voting age are intelligent enough to be able to get it right (I think it was most confusing for those who can't spell very well - Gore is pretty similar to Buchanan if you never got past the 3rd grade, I guess). All the arrows on the butterfly ballot point to the correct hole.
The Ohio ballet is a balant attempt to steal the election as it points you away from the correct hole if you are trying to vote for Bush.
This needs to be investigated and the people responsible need to be brought to justice.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, this is the absentee ballot and listing for Cuyahoga Co., OH.

If you go to a polling place to punch the ballot in a booth, the listing apparently lines up perfectly with the ballot.

It's an issue with the absentee ballots because while the listing gives the absentee voter the instructions to use the numbers to punch the corresponding squares in the ballot, it does not say to disregard the arrows.

How many people will intuitively line up the ballot with the listing?

And COINCIDENTALLY, the only candidated for whom the ballot and listing line up properly are KERRY and BADNARIK. Imagine that.

Confused
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people who are smart enough to vote for President Bush can figure it out. Now, the case for the Kerry voters cannot be made. They tend to really flub things up.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm an Ohio resident I sent a letter to Bush Cheney headquarters about all the fraud going on here in this state. I figured they probably already know about it, but another letter wouldn't hurt. Ken Blackwell got that provisional voting thing knocked down which is good. A real worry is the Franklin county area where two terrorists names were found for registration. I just heard Mary Matlin on Greg Beck this morning and she said they are well aware of the problems going on here. This all makes me so angry of course that the dems are trying so hard to steal the vote in this state. I'm asking questions when I go the polls on Nov 2. I will ask if anyone else is registered at my address and I told my friends and family to ask also.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
I'm asking questions when I go the polls on Nov 2. I will ask if anyone else is registered at my address and I told my friends and family to ask also.

Ask now - call up your county voter registration office - be nice and acknowledge that it is a big task that the clerks are dealing with with all the new registrations... I was succesful in checking out to see if my recently deceased aunt was removed from the rolls and no one had reregistered using her name or address.... and that was in Lee County FL!
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
I'm asking questions when I go the polls on Nov 2. I will ask if anyone else is registered at my address and I told my friends and family to ask also.

Ask now - call up your county voter registration office - be nice and acknowledge that it is a big task that the clerks are dealing with with all the new registrations... I was succesful in checking out to see if my recently deceased aunt was removed from the rolls and no one had reregistered using her name or address.... and that was in Lee County FL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: