SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rasmussen Even today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Even today Reply with quote

48 each. I think yesterday's +2 point advantage for Kerry was an aberration.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Poll Reply with quote

It was probably due to weekend polling. Since the latest "tie" is a three-day average over Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, Monday's polling probably showed Bush in the lead, probably by 1 to 2 points.

Other polls have shown that Bush has big leads among married people, Kerry leads among single people. They call on a weekday evening, they have a chance of getting a married person or a single person proportional to the population. On weekends, more married people are taking the family to recreational events, while more single people might be at home waiting for a date, and end up talking to Rasmussen. As an example, Bush took a huge dive on Father's Day (when dads and their wives are out celebrating) but popped back up to his previous level when Father's Day polling fell out of the average.

I've heard that Rasmussen uses automated polling--probably one of those "press 1 for George W. Bush, press 2 for John F. Kerry" types of menus. I wonder how they screen out children who might answer the phone, and be old enough to understand and answer the questions, even though they're too young to vote?

A live pollster might ask a child, "May I talk to your Mom or Dad, please", but could an automat screen out children's "votes"?

Food for thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: