SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You and God Bless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastygirl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Thank You and God Bless Reply with quote

Thank you and hugs to all the Swiftvets and POW's for truth, for everything you do in service to are country.
It would easy to put it all in the past, and enjoy the comforts and freedoms of this country that you and so many veterans have fought for. And you certainly have earned that luxury, but you stepped up selflessly AGAIN, because you love America. You stepped even though you would be critisized. You all stepped up again for no personal gain except that love for America. For all this I thank you.
It may interest you to know that since I was in diapers in 1970, there are those that hope that I and others of my generation won't care about the betrayals and slanders Mad of a few so many years ago. They are trying to paint this as the "painful memories of a contentious time" and talk about "healing" and moving on. They want us to forget. If it weren't for you guys, people my age would regard Vietnam as perhaps nothing more significant to us than a homework assignment in a History book. We would never how important your sacrifices were beyond that context.
I will not forget. My young daughter will know of your gift to the nation, and hopefully her children will also if I do my job right.
So again, THANK YOU!!! Love and God Bless all of you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: